Happy with Furys next opponent?

The_budweiser

[h=1]Frank Warren reveals why Tyson Fury’s opponent Pianeta is a better challenger than Seferi[/h]

TYSON FURY will face two-time world heavyweight title challenger Francesco Pianeta in his second comeback fight next month.

The lineal heavyweight champion will face the 6ft 5in Italian on Frank Warren’s blockbuster open air show at Belfast’s Windsor Park on Saturday August 18, which is live on BT Sport.

Fury, 29, ended a lay off of more than two and half years last month when Sefer Seferi retired on his stool after four rounds and southpaw Pianeta is a step up in class for the Manchester man.

Frank Warren reveals why Tyson Fury's opponent Pianeta is a better challenger than Seferi - - Boxing News - Ring News24

Re: Happy with Furys next opponent?

Frank Warren reveals why Tyson Fury’s opponent Pianeta is a better challenger than Seferi

TYSON FURY will face two-time world heavyweight title challenger Francesco Pianeta in his second comeback fight next month.

The lineal heavyweight champion will face the 6ft 5in Italian on Frank Warren’s blockbuster open air show at Belfast’s Windsor Park on Saturday August 18, which is live on BT Sport.

Fury, 29, ended a lay off of more than two and half years last month when Sefer Seferi retired on his stool after four rounds and southpaw Pianeta is a step up in class for the Manchester man.

Frank Warren reveals why Tyson Fury's opponent Pianeta is a better challenger than Seferi - - Boxing News - Ring News24

I'm not. I expect the same kind of scenario as against Seferi. Pianeta will quit as soon as he feels any kind of danger. Just look how easy it looked for past-prime Chagaev to get away with him.

Another ridiculous opponent.

(And yes, this coming from a Wilder supporter.)

Obviously, the plan is to once again pad the Big Dufus' record with a string of no-hopers, then cash out against AJ.

I wonder if Warren can get AJ to take a dive, the same way he did with Wlad? they could finally get that lucrative trilogy. Well, unless Dufus goes running off to the hills of Ireland once again after his first "win."

I love this sport!

Edited by Cableaddict

Good to tell Fury is a Warren fighter now - he fought better than this as a novice pro.

I think he needs these sort of fights Gav to shake off any ring rust and it keeps him plodding along until he is physically and mentally ready to step up against the bigger named fighters.

That being said I don't too many of these opponents or he will just become a joke.

I think he needs these sort of fights Gav to shake off any ring rust and it keeps him plodding along until he is physically and mentally ready to step up against the bigger named fighters..

He's getting nothing but an adrenaline rush from these fights that he couldn't get in sparring or a pub car park.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't realise he'd been knocked out by Kevin Johnson. Who gets knocked out by Kevin Johnson?:noidea:

Surprisingly 'Kingpin' Johnson's wins have come at a 50% KO ratio. Mind you one wouldn't accuse any of them of being big names.

Benefit of the doubt given how much of a fat bastard he still was for his first fight back, Another ease in fight and we can start to get back to criticising Warren when he announces the inevitable shite 3rd fight.

I think Fury's being given far too much of an easy ride. We're not talking about a bloke in his late 30s who's been out for 5 years. He's in his late 20s and was out for 2 1/2 years. For his second fight he should be fighting decent European class and looking at a contender for the third fight. I think AJ and Wilder would both stop him. In Kiltschko he was fighting a guy who needs to be set to generate the power and, all credit to him, he kept on the move all night. Joshua and Wilder will be able to land on Fury.

I think Fury's being given far too much of an easy ride. We're not talking about a bloke in his late 30s who's been out for 5 years. He's in his late 20s and was out for 2 1/2 years. For his second fight he should be fighting decent European class and looking at a contender for the third fight. I think AJ and Wilder would both stop him. In Kiltschko he was fighting a guy who needs to be set to generate the power and, all credit to him, he kept on the move all night. Joshua and Wilder will be able to land on Fury.

While it's true the mitigating factor is his condition. He simply hasn't looked after himself in his absence.

Should he have done so, and been at a fight condition immediately after his licence was granted? Absolutely he should have been! That would have been the mark of a true sports professional.

But alas he isn't, and his condition was terrible. So given them circumstances his choices were to just not box for however long it'll take to get back into semi decent condition. Or get back in the ring against some useless nobodies while he's still a fat bastards to get himself some rounds in and actual reason to try and whip himself into shape.

People I think just understand he was never going to be rushed back in and given his mental health and turmoil they are probably giving him the benefit of the doubt / an easy ride in terms of not really questioning his lack of keeping in semi decent physical condition.

While it's true the mitigating factor is his condition. He simply hasn't looked after himself in his absence.

Should he have done so, and been at a fight condition immediately after his licence was granted? Absolutely he should have been! That would have been the mark of a true sports professional.

But alas he isn't, and his condition was terrible. So given them circumstances his choices were to just not box for however long it'll take to get back into semi decent condition. Or get back in the ring against some useless nobodies while he's still a fat bastards to get himself some rounds in and actual reason to try and whip himself into shape.

People I think just understand he was never going to be rushed back in and given his mental health and turmoil they are probably giving him the benefit of the doubt / an easy ride in terms of not really questioning his lack of keeping in semi decent physical condition.

That may be the case but why the hell should punters pay good money to see him get into fighting condition? Get fit in the gym then have genuinely meaningful fights.

--- Both of Wlad's eyes were completely blacked up, about as meaningful as it gets short of a clean ko.

Maybe 3-4 left hooks, and one right, for 12 rounds. - none of which even slightly rocked Wlad, they just makred up his face a little.

Oh, but Fury did manage to land a ton of elbows, and about 50 batant rabbit punches.

Edited by Cableaddict

Like him or not, Tyson Fury at his best is very effective. Whether he ever reaches that level again is at best questionable. But if he does, look out heavyweight division!

It should be noted that, while I have never been blinded by passion for the sport, it sometimes does give me cataracts.

Still, the big dufus gets no respect from me.

Nada.

That may be the case but why the hell should punters pay good money to see him get into fighting condition? Get fit in the gym then have genuinely meaningful fights.

I know what you're saying, but people aren't forced to go and watch. If they don't think he's in good enough condition, or his opponent is a joke, simply don't pay to go and he will fight infront of an empty arena :noidea:

--- Doubt Luke ever fights in front of empty arenas, but pay attention guys, he's fighting a Deyonce level TBA, yet giving him a full training camp!

So, he's already put himself above that fraudulent champ and two months after his last fight. Josh and Parker got fights scheduled while Deyonce trains for his next TBA million buck purse in Tuscaloosa mud flats...only in boxing!

I know what you're saying, but people aren't forced to go and watch. If they don't think he's in good enough condition, or his opponent is a joke, simply don't pay to go and he will fight infront of an empty arena :noidea:

Unfortunately a lot of people who go to these things aren't boxing fans.