Joe Smith jr is back 30/6

BoztheMadman

Re: Joe Smith jr is back 30/6

It all depends on his trainer.

The guy clearly has certain attributes that could take him to the top, but also certain weaknesses.

- But those weaknesses have to do with technique, and can be improved. The attributes are all stuff you have to be born with.

Let's hope that he used all that time off to work on some non-punching techniques. Defense, footwork, etc.

I'll certainly be rooting for him.

--- Boz, Joe got a busted jaw in the 2rd of Barrera, only this time he roughed it out like Ali/Norton to last the distance.

His first loss coming up where he was pulled out was also a busted jaw. I'd guess that will limit his career which is a shame as he really does come to fight with some spectacular results.

It all depends on his trainer.

The guy clearly has certain attributes that could take him to the top, but also certain weaknesses.

- But those weaknesses have to do with technique, and can be improved. The attributes are all stuff you have to be born with.

Let's hope that he used all that time off to work on some non-punching techniques. Defense, footwork, etc.

I'll certainly be rooting for him.

Either way, he'll always be the only guy who knocked out Bernard Hopkins. ;-) It does seem like he needs some polishing but he's a puncher. To convert a fighter can be costly sometimes. It doesn't always work out. Still, doesn't hurt getting a little better defense or footwork.

Either way, he'll always be the only guy who knocked out Bernard Hopkins. ;-) It does seem like he needs some polishing but he's a puncher. To convert a fighter can be costly sometimes. It doesn't always work out. Still, doesn't hurt getting a little better defense or footwork.

Yeah, I didn't meant o change his style. Maybe add one or two offensive options, but primarily his defense.

With better footwork, and improved had slips, He could maybe become a poor man's Errol Spence.