• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Dillian Whyte to face Joseph Parker - July 28th on PPV

Whyte ducking Ortiz.

Figures.

--------------------------

Whyte vs Parker? It's an interesting fight, although fairly meaningless since it's basically two B-level fighters who have made the most of their limited gifts so far, fighting to see which one gets one more big payday by losing to Wilder. Or maybe AJ.

I'm rooting for Parker. I think he's the more talented of the two, just crippled by an astoundingly inept trainer.

At his best (if you can remember that far back) Parker is aggressive, relentless, and accurate. A classic swarmer with decent cumulative power. At his worst, he's a one-dimensional, clueless, disinterested spectator with gloves on, counting on the fact that his team paid off the judges.

Which one will show up?

Edited by Cableaddict

--- Thought whyte the WBC mandatory, so Parker must be getting good money to return to the home of bad refereeing. Prob to set up Parker / Josh rematch since Whyte is tuff, but Parker a few levels above.

Whyte had to fight Ortiz to become the second mandatory to Wilder.............

I think the WBO are making the winner of Whyte vs Parker Mando, so Whyte obviously thought fuck the most corrupted Org in boxing in the WBC and moved on, similar to how Alvarez has from Stevenson...

Whyte had to fight Ortiz to become the second mandatory to Wilder.............

I think the WBO are making the winner of Whyte vs Parker Mando, so Whyte obviously thought fuck the most corrupted Org in boxing in the WBC and moved on, similar to how Alvarez has from Stevenson...

Is that for sure?

Hope so. Get something going, finally.

it's basically two B-level fighters who have made the most of their limited gifts so far

Remember when you rigorously backed Parker to put AJ to sleep? :haha:

Very interesting fight I guess its potentially to build both up as a Joshua opponent in the future.

Never been overly impressed by Whyte or Parker. I think Whyte wins this fight and what a statement it would be if he stops Parker, something Joshua failed to do.

Remember when you rigorously backed Parker to put AJ to sleep? :haha:

That was a looong time ago, even before the Andy Ruiz robbery.

I didn't back Parker just before he actually fought AJ. By then, his limitations had become very clear.

Very interesting fight I guess its potentially to build both up as a Joshua opponent in the future.

Really??

Not sure about other folk but I don't fancy seeing either back in with Joshua again. AJ really has a lack of credible opponents left if he takes on Povetkin and then Wilder. Unless some new monster comes out of nowhere.

But having said that, if Whyte actually gets a few more decent scalps on his resume Big Eddie will be seeing the pound signs for the rematch, and he will happily throw Whyte to the slaughter for sure. So yeah, you are no doubt right.

After Povetkin and Wilder, Fatty Fury will be waiting (if he hasn't gone bonkers in the meantime).

And after that, a few young 'uns will probably be ready. Especially the no-hopers with padded records, like Agit Kabayel, Adam Kownacki, "Extremely" Junior Fa, ("Junior Feh" ) Jarell "big Hype Job" Miller, etc.

Lot's of mediocre fatted-calves being readied for the slaughter. No need for real opponents......

Edited by Cableaddict

• 2 weeks later...

This is a very good matchup & should net both guys a good payday. I'm 50/50 on this fight & think they are evenly matched. I would have liked to see the Ortiz or Pulev eliminators with Whyte but I understand this move. The WBC screwed him by giving Breazeale the mandatory position as the WBC #2 when Whyte was the WBC #1 then they tell him to fight Ortiz for a second mandatory position. If he wins he could be waiting years for his shot as there already is a mando & potential unification fight before he would get his shot plus the WBC champion would have a year to fight his mando after Breazeale gets his shot. Fighting pulev he would going to Bulgaria & only getting 300000 as the split was 75/25 in favour of Pulev. Sure a win gets him the IBF mando but the Parker fight is on PPV & a win over the former champion would almost guarantee him a rematch with Joshua or whoever is the HW champion. He will make a 7 digit check against Parker. Fighting him made the most financial sense for him & Hearn. Parker won't get 12-13 million like he did against Joshua but he should walk out with another 7 digit check win or lose...

Good fight for Parker, Whyte comes to fight and if Parker can put on a good show here he can somewhat redeem himself.

Very true.

the shine has obviously worn off Parker, but he still has tremendous gifts. Absurdly bad training, though.

I still have hope that he can learn some defense, improve his conditioning, and make some noise, but he needs to get far away from Kevin Barry. (The man who also ruined Izu Ugonoh.)

And even then, Parker was a wild hope at a istorical low point in the division. With all the incredible talent now coming up, if he hopes to be a big fish in a small pond, he's fast running out of time.

Very true.

the shine has obviously worn off Parker, but he still has tremendous gifts. Absurdly bad training, though.

I still have hope that he can learn some defense, improve his conditioning, and make some noise, but he needs to get far away from Kevin Barry. (The man who also ruined Izu Ugonoh.)

And even then, Parker was a wild hope at a istorical low point in the division. With all the incredible talent now coming up, if he hopes to be a big fish in a small pond, he's fast running out of time.

How did he ruin Ugonoh? It was more like his promoter who failed to get him any decent fights before throwing him in with Breazeale. Duco had all their eggs in one basket with Parker. Ugonoh was getting garbage fights against nobodies. He was crushing them & never really had to step up until Breazeale. Breazeale is a tough guy & has shown in a few fights he can get off the canvas & remain in the fight. Ugonoh never had an opponent get up when he put them down. He was gassed by the 5th & I blame that on his promoter for not stepping him up slowly & getting him tougher opponents before they threw him in with a top contender. What he needed was rounds against durable HWs. A fight with someone like Kevin Johnson. Same thing happened to David Price. He went from beating journeymen to fighting a top 10 contender after 14 fights. As for Parker Barry has taken him to a world title with wins over Takam, Ruiz & Hughie Fury. All close fights but you should expect that once he got to the next level. I got no problem with Kevin Barry. Duco also seems to have a good working relationship with Hearn so that helps him get meaningful fights in the UK. I think Parker would be better off signing with Arum or Hearn when his contract is up with Duco.

How did he ruin Ugonoh?

No defense, and a one-dimensional offense.

And shit advice in the corner.

- All exactly the same as with Parker.

Other than that .......

Edited by Cableaddict

• 1 month later...

Parker vowing he will stop Whyte quicker than Joshua did.

I doubt it and I doubt he will even attempt to.

Parker, Higgins and Barry managed to get inside Joshua's head pre-fight and it appears they are trying to do the same thing to Whyte.

After some fussing about, the officials have been finalized for Parker-Whyte. Parker's team, rightly concerned after the performance of the Italian referee in Joshua-Parker, are happy with the appointment of British referee Ian John Lewis.

--- Being an all knowing and seeing ref in the spotlight a tough job much less hearing ham handed muttlings muller your reputation, but they would not be subject to as much if the fans could see a modicum fairness and clarity out of them.

[h=2]Schedule[/h]Richard Riakporhe vs TBA (cruiserweight - 4 rounds)

Charlie Duffield vs Reinis Prozovs (light heavyweight - 4 rounds)

Frank Buglioni vs Emmanuel Feuzeu (eight rounds at light-heavyweight)

Anthony Fowler vs Craig O'Brien (super welterweight - 8 rounds)

Nick Webb vs David Allen (heavyweight - 10 rounds)

Joshua Buatsi vs Andrejs Pukumeiko (light heavyweight - 10 rounds)

Conor Benn vs Cedrick Peynaud (10 rounds at welterweight)

Katie Taylor vs Kimberly Connor (lightweight - 10 x 2 min rounds)

Dereck Chisora vs Carlos Takam (heavyweight - 12 rounds)

Dillian White vs Joseph Parker (heavyweight - 12 rounds) - expected to start approx 10.15 pm.

Seems Whyte coerced Hearn and Higgins to bet on the outcome of the fight.

"I think Eddie and this guy [Higgins], you guys should have a bet - a hundred grand bet on your fighters. You shake on it right now. Come on."

If you can believe everything you see, Hearn and Higgins agreed on £20,000 and shook on it.

Honestly can't call the winner of this one, and I'm not sure if Parker has somewhat been overrated.

He's hardly done himself much credit over here in the UK. Wasn't all that convincing against Hughie Fury and never really caused AJ any trouble despite the build up of him being a decent, mobile puncher.

Momentum is definitely on Whyte's side but I don't see him as anything more than really a bit of a slugger who can half put some combinations together when he wants to.

It's an interesting and close fight however so that's good enough!

The winner will probably fight the winner of Chisora / Takam I'd imagine.