What Round: Horn vs Crawford

--- I'd wager 95% of boxing fans know Terence Crawford will KO Horn this June 9th.

Now I think Horn proves tough and awkward initially, but it's inevitable. However, the round ain't been etched in stone. Let's see some etchings with a name. I say Crawford skeeters around working Horn lightly as he works out his weaknesses. Horn dropped in the 3rd and finished in the 4th.

Spece is fighting a novice Mexican should finish in the 1st rd, and we know Crawford vs Spence is what we want, prob being Haymon vs Arum...

Edited by LondonRingRules

Re: What Round: Horn vs Crawford

I'm going out on a limb, and joining the 5%

Horn's defense is actually pretty good.

And it's not like Bud is a wrecking machine. He's great, certainly top 5 in the sport right now, but he's not a prime Mike Tyson.

Two words: Raymundo Beltran.

I predict Horn will lose, but see the final bell.

- Ether because his defense holds up, or because Bud will be instructed to coast, thus making a fortune for the bookies and insider betting.

Wait, no - Boxing is 100% legit. I keep TELLING you guys ! :whistle:

I think Horn showed some resilience in the Pacquiao fight and 147 is uncharted territory so I also think it may go a few rounds. Ultimately class will tell and a stoppage in the second half of the fight of one kind or another is probably a good bet.

Officials Named for Title Bout Between World Champion Jeff Horn and Terence Crawford

The World Boxing Organization (WBO) announced the officials for this Saturday, June 9, clash between WBO Welterweight Champion, Jeff Horn, from Australia, and WBO Super Champion, and former Lightweight and Junior Welterweight Champion of this sanctioning body, Terence Crawford, from The United States.

Officials Named for Title Bout Between World Champion Jeff Horn and Terence Crawford - Boxing News - Ring News24

--- Parker's trainer Kevin Barry moved their training operations to Vegas a couple yrs ago and Horn is acclimating at his gym.

Barry says Horn has to rough up and brawl w Crawford as the bigger man and then listed a half dozen fouls without saying that's what they used on Manny down under. Thing is The horrid Robert Byrd is the ref being used to put the handcuffs on Crawford which means a probability of a stink fest now.

Boxing News: Horn moves to Kevin Barry's Gym - June 5, 2018

I think about 10 rounds at least, because Horn is a natural welter and Crawford isn't, or not until now. Horn also is a good body puncher, which can cause some trouble for Crawford, as he hasn't faced that many so far. It may very well last the distance, as I said in my prediction video.

I think about 10 rounds at least, because Horn is a natural welter and Crawford isn't, or not until now. Horn also is a good body puncher, which can cause some trouble for Crawford, as he hasn't faced that many so far. It may very well last the distance, as I said in my prediction video.

I'll be stunned if Horn manages to land to the body much against Crawford, even though Horn is indeed an excellent body puncher. Bud is so fast, especially at getting in & out, and he has a 2" reach advantage. Their both orthodox, so there's no advantage there, as there was when Horn fought Pac.

Pac was a southy with a 1" reach DIS-advantage, so Horn had opportunities to land his left to the body, which won't be so easy against Bud. He'll probably need to push him to the ropes.

But this will be a huge part of the story, once it's over. If Horn CAN trap Bud up close and fire low, it will of course make a big difference, especially given Bud's inexperience with this much power.

I still say Crawford, by wide UD, (great minds, Boz! :tea: ) - but I'm starting to get more excited about this fight.

What are the official odds at this point?

Edited by Cableaddict

I'll be stunned if Horn manages to land to the body much against Crawford, even though Horn is indeed an excellent body puncher. Bud is so fast, especially at getting in & out, and he has a 2" reach advantage. Their both orthodox, so there's no advantage there, as there was when Horn fought Pac.

Pac was a southy with a 1" reach DIS-advantage, so Horn had opportunities to land his left to the body, which won't be so easy against Bud. He'll probably need to push him to the ropes.

But this will be a huge part of the story, once it's over. If Horn CAN trap Bud up close and fire low, it will of course make a big difference, especially given Bud's inexperience with this much power.

I still say Crawford, by wide UD, (great minds, Boz! :tea: ) - but I'm starting to get more excited about this fight.

What are the official odds at this point?

Hehe, exactly! :tea: You put it all down very well. :thumb:

Edited by Cableaddict

I must say, as much as I love me some bud, (in more ways than one :whistle: ) I'm totally rooting for Horn in this fight. Not just because I always root for the underdog:

The guy has a fan-friendly style, and this kind of "Cinderella" story would be great for the sport as a whole. It attracts casuals. Plus, while Crawford is clearly an elite-level fighter, a loss is always a great wake-up call for any fighter. It always makes you better.

I'd like to see Horn win via KO, then a rematch, with Crawford then taking his rightful crown. Meanwhile, Spence could fight Th- (oops, I almost said "Thurman" ! What was I thinking?) But he could fight another top-level WW, further cementing his magnificence, and then the eventual Spence-Crawford showdown would be even better.

Besides, Crawford doesn't have experience at the weight yet. Too soon to face the monster that is Spence. Also too soon to face that mysterious figure that looms in the dark and every so often is seen briefly in the light of day, named Thurman.

Realistically, would a lucrative trilogy really be all that bad, in this case? :haha:

Edited by Cableaddict

Crawford obviously has a massive advantage in skillset but at 147 there's going to be a serious decrease in power and he never was a banger anyway, i see Horn doing a lot better than people think but being stopped in the 10th with an AJesque refereeing decision similar to the Takam fight

My first thoughts on this was a comfortable UD win for Crawford, but I am quite surprised how many people are predicting a stoppage.

I'll stick with my initial instincts and go with the UD though, since he is moving up to welter and Horn is a tough cookie.

I must say, as much as I love me some bud, (in more ways than one :whistle: ) I'm totally rooting for Horn in this fight. Not just because I always root for the underdog:

The guy has a fan-friendly style, and this kind of "Cinderella" story would be great for the sport as a whole. It attracts casuals. Plus, while Crawford is clearly an elite-level fighter, a loss is always a great wake-up call for any fighter. It always makes you better.

I'd like to see Horn win via KO, then a rematch, with Crawford then taking his rightful crown. Meanwhile, Spence could fight Th- (oops, I almost said "Thurman" ! What was I thinking?) But he could fight another top-level WW, further cementing his magnificence, and then the eventual Spence-Crawford showdown would be even better.

Besides, Crawford doesn't have experience at the weight yet. Too soon to face the monster that is Spence. Also too soon to face that mysterious figure that looms in the dark and every so often is seen briefly in the light of day, named Thurman.

Realistically, would a lucrative trilogy really be all that bad, in this case? :haha:

Me too, I'd really like to see an upset here but the only way Horn can win is if he catches "Bud" with a shot to the liver or something. Kidneys. And that's not gonna be easy.

Edited by Cableaddict

Crawford obviously has a massive advantage in skillset but at 147 there's going to be a serious decrease in power and he never was a banger anyway, i see Horn doing a lot better than people think but being stopped in the 10th with an AJesque refereeing decision similar to the Takam fight

Ding ding ding!

Although I can't really get mad about Byrd's stoppage.

--- only saw the last two rds, but Byrd clearly ignored buds roughage to focus on horn who was relatively clean in those rds.

The stoppage was bogus as was buds clowning. I can't like this direction he's taking, but I guess it's inevitable in the me first selfie thug generation he was birthed in. Was reading an espn article on his trainer BoMac, who was KOed by Butterbean, was one of the half dozen gangs in Omaha? How could you even fit 2 gangs in that town.

I guess his dereliction follows a typical rise to glory, but I didn't see a p4p great in there, I saw a fighter near the end of his limits. Thought manny hurt horn much worse, but we know arum is maneuvering for him to fight manny, so we may see a 40 yr old manny against him next year with the despicable Byrd as the ref and his deplorable wife as a judge... Only in boxing in Vegas...

I think Byrd could have waited another 30 seconds, but I also don't think Horn had any chance at all of even landing a single punch, from that point out. Bud had him figured out, and Horn was not just gassed, but looking clueless.

Damned good fight, though, for about 6 rounds. Crawford probably won every round, but every round was close.

I'm not sure what this says about Crawford's defense. Could he be slowing down? Maybe it's because he chose to fight the entire fight as a southpaw? He does have better D when fighting orthodox.

--- I don't discount that with a different opponent Bud might well exhibit his previous ring genius.

Boxing damages its its reputation with bad officiating and only God can save us from the incessant blithering of the announcers. In short, on paper boxing had a high level international title fight terribly marred by Byrd and Crawford and presumably the announcers .

Didn't have Horn winning one round and none of those rounds being even remotely close. Horn may be able to have a career from here on, but only if he does away with that trainer and his team. There was absolutely nothing relating to way he was fighting the fight or a game plan spoken from what I saw from his corner, absolute joke.