Tyson Fury To fight Sefer Seferi on June 9th

Bear Hugger

Former world heavyweight champion Tyson Fury will fight Albania's Sefer Seferi when he makes his comeback in Manchester on 9 June.

Fury, 29, has not fought since claiming the IBF, WBA and WBO titles from Wladimir Klitschko in November 2015.

Seferi, 39, has boxed at cruiserweight for most of his professional career but will face Fury at heavyweight.

He has only lost once in 24 bouts and has fought four times since Fury's last bout against Klitschko.

Fury has won all 25 of his professional fights but was suspended in 2016 amid "anti-doping and medical issues" and accepted a backdated two-year ban in December 2017.

During his absence, fellow Briton Anthony Joshua has taken the IBF, IBO, WBA and WBO world heavyweight titles, while unbeaten American Deontay Wilder holds the WBC belt.

Fury had his boxing licence reinstated this year and signed with promoter Frank Warren.

When the date for his return to the ring was announced last month, Fury said "I can't wait to get in there and prove I am the best even after all this time out."

Seferi's only career defeat came at heavyweight in 2016 against Manuel Charr.

Source:

Tyson Fury will fight Sefer Seferi when he makes his boxing comeback on 9 June - BBC Sport

Edited by LondonRingRules

Re: Tyson Fury To fight Sefer Seferi on June 9th

Tyson Fury said he didn't need a comeback fight to face Anthony Joshua.

I think the comments came back to bite him in the backside. He's facing a 39 year old rated 2nd best heavyweight boxer from Albania - the country only has 2 heavyweights.

I know it's his comeback, but the way Fury bigged himself up its a fairly pathetic opponent, considering he was ready to face Joshua next.

--- If it's any consolation Bud, he went the distance against a fouling Charr and tattooed him plenty enough to win the decision in an honest jurisdiction.

He was dwarfed by Charr though, and Fury makes fighters into munchkins, so it is what it is; an ignominious return to boxing.

Fury by KO, good fight for him to get back in the swing of things. Lets see him fight at least once more this year though and 3 times next year.
In an interview I watched, Fury said he wanted to be fighting non stop. We might see him fight once every month or two, which I thinks a good idea to get him back into fighting and training before stepping it up gradually.

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Would love to see that! Hope he has the motivation to keep it up after this fight.

In an interview I watched, Fury said he wanted to be fighting non stop. We might see him fight once every month or two, which I thinks a good idea to get him back into fighting and training before stepping it up gradually.

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

I know it's a comeback fight, but that was an absolutely awful fight. He needs to lose a bit more weight and step up the level of opposition for his next fight. Had he fought Bellew tonight, I think Bellew would have beat him.

Fury made an ass of himself (big surprise) and the obviously planned-for non-fight robbed the fans.

This fight was even more of a joke than expected. Even more of a sham than Fury-Wlad, though at least we only had to suffer through 4 rounds this time.

Tyson Fury can kiss my butt.

tabloid British public...

I like this term and shall use it!

That's exactly the type Fury can attract to his fights, and alas you see the trouble in the crowds time and again. Fuelled by the current party drug cocaine, and bored spectators.

I might be absolutely wrong but it's very rare you see the audience ring side in the States looking away from the action due to an outbreak of fighting ring side. Yet its a common feature over here on our shores.

Less said about the joke main even the batter. A total sham all round.