What has happened to the Check Hook Boxing forum?

Re: What has happened to the Check Hook Boxing forum?

Really odd.

They do have a few incredibly obnoxious posters, including one outright racist & a few guys who constantly disrupt things and launch personal attacks.

- But the moderators there rarely seem to do anything about it. I've never understood this, as we watched CHB edge closer & closer to the sewer that was / is ESB.

(As always, "moderation is the key." ;-) )

But it could just be a glitch: 2 days ago, the prompt said that the site was down for serious repairs. Perhaps the current notification is a mistake, due to the repairs going on?

Or maybe the parent company simply had enough, or got contacted by some federal agency, or.....

Fun to postulate.

--------------------------

I hope they come back. I dislike dealing with those childish posters, but they have some great members as well (Bogotazo, Lester, BBallchump, etc) plus they have GREAT RbR threads.

Edited by Cableaddict

Don't know. Only mention of it I've seen is here:

https://www.boxingforum24.com/threads/the-fury-feud.607846/

No one seems to know on Boxrec - http://boxrec.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=221756

Strange the sites went down. I emailed Jay earlier, to fight out whats happened.

The site is closed due to dealing with an ongoing issue involving a members account and hes making changes to the forum.

The site is expected to be back by the weekend.

Jay,

Check Hook Boxing

Really odd.

They do have a few incredibly obnoxious posters, including one outright racist & a few guys who constantly disrupt things and launch personal attacks.

- But the moderators there rarely seem to do anything about it. I've never understood this, as we watched CHB edge closer & closer to the sewer that was / is ESB.

(As always, "moderation is the key." ;-) )

It could be a glitch: 2 days ago, the prompt said that the site was down for serious repairs. Perhaps the current notification is a mistake, due to the repairs going on?

Or maybe the parent company simply had enough, or got contacted by some federal agency, or.....

Fun to postulate.

--------------------------

I hope they come back. I dislike dealing with those childish posters, but they have some great members as well (Bogotazo, Lester, BBallchump, etc) plus they have GREAT RbR threads.

Bogo is a mod there and believes only white people can be racist

Thread started over on BoxRec, however seems the welcome has been withdrawn and posters getting banned left, right and centre.

Yep i I have had an account on boxrec for years but don't usually just read on there asked a mod to change my username to my username on chb everything was fine posted a few times in a few threads and suddenly was informed I was permanently banned I have no idea why two of my posts were in the history section and were completely serious so I'm baffled

Yep i I have had an account on boxrec for years but don't usually just read on there asked a mod to change my username to my username on chb everything was fine posted a few times in a few threads and suddenly was informed I was permanently banned I have no idea why two of my posts were in the history section and were completely serious so I'm baffled

It seems they panicked and decided to get rid of most, if not all of the check hook posters, as they were unsure what was going to happen. Shame, was just getting my feet under the table.

It seems they panicked and decided to get rid of most, if not all of the check hook posters, as they were unsure what was going to happen. Shame, was just getting my feet under the table.

To be fair it does get a bit wild on chb at times but if you read the thread on boxrec you won't find anything outrageous on it . Like I said I've had a boxrec account since 2009 and never had a warning as I haven't here but I've been banned , different mod on boxrec today so perhaps he has an agenda or panicked because of the unfair reputation chb seems to have

To be fair it does get a bit wild on chb at times but if you read the thread on boxrec you won't find anything outrageous on it . Like I said I've had a boxrec account since 2009 and never had a warning as I haven't here but I've been banned , different mod on boxrec today so perhaps he has an agenda or panicked because of the unfair reputation chb seems to have

I think you're right about the MOD. The guy yesterday seemed in control, this guy today just went for the ban button as soon as he could.

I think you're right about the MOD. The guy yesterday seemed in control, this guy today just went for the ban button as soon as he could.

Yeah theres a post where he seems to be letting people know he's really enjoying the use of his ban stick

Yeah theres a post where he seems to be letting people know he's really enjoying the use of his ban stick

It's idiots like that who stiffle the growth of a forum. There may have been a few who might have decided to stay on Boxrec instead of going back to hook, now that option is taken away.

--- Dunno a check hooker from Vegas hooker, and just as well.

Recently rejoined boxing scene after viewing my archives on the front page of the history forum where I engaged Henry Hascup in a high end debate over top heavyweights. Even our Welshrob comes in here and there. Under a different Internet address because I couldn't take my LRR name with a different address. Place is much calmer now from their spamming troll, virus infected heyday that killed my computer.

--- Dunno a check hooker from Vegas hooker, and just as well.

Recently rejoined boxing scene after viewing my archives on the front page of the history forum where I engaged Henry Hascup in a high end debate over top heavyweights. Even our Welshrob comes in here and there. Under a different Internet address because I couldn't take my LRR name with a different address. Place is much calmer now from their spamming troll, virus infected heyday that killed my computer.

Never posted on there much but but most of been lucky as never got a virus from the place

--- Agree completely about Hagler. Best outcome would have been a draw, but instead we got the proto-Adelaide Byrd Wide score for the money fighter.

I had it to hagler by 2 a draw absolutely best for Leonard personally I always felt it was a bookies fight

I haven't watched much boxing the last couple of years to many lop sided so called title fights and I think sky are ripping us off with so many ppv cards that are really just good domestic fights with poorly matched undercard fights . Also the way sky promote their fights/fighters sticks in my throat it's completely unobjective ,adam smith makes my skin crawl plus he's a terrible presenter

I had it to hagler by 2 a draw absolutely best for Leonard personally I always felt it was a bookies fight

I haven't watched much boxing the last couple of years to many lop sided so called title fights and I think sky are ripping us off with so many ppv cards that are really just good domestic fights with poorly matched undercard fights . Also the way sky promote their fights/fighters sticks in my throat it's completely unobjective ,adam smith makes my skin crawl plus he's a terrible presenter

Agreed.

Either the fix was in, or the judges were swayed by Ray's high volume, even though most of those punches didn't land cleanly.

But no disrespect to SRL. He also fought a great fight, of course.

---------------

Edited by Cableaddict

--- it was a strategic survival fight for Ray who lacked confidence in his comeback. What sticks in the craw of boxing is his immediate retirement with no rematch to the all time great belt he conned, yet never defended...grrr...GGGRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

Very few boxing sites or groups are to my liking, very few. Most have too many members and too many trolls and idiots who give you "you don't know nothing about boxing!" when you disagree with them. I left several FB groups I was "thrown" into.

Very few boxing sites or groups are to my liking, very few. Most have too many members and too many trolls and idiots who give you "you don't know nothing about boxing!" when you disagree with them. I left several FB groups I was "thrown" into.

You've been on ESB or whatever it's called now then

I don't like the you disagree with me you're a boxing retard attitude either

my personal things a lot don't agree with are that cooney at his best was actually a top level fighter and could've cleaned up for a few years if it wasn't for Holmes also that jack kid berg was the greatest lightweight lightwelter Britain has ever produced