Adonis Stevenson welcomes a rematch with Tony Bellew

Bear Hugger

Adonis Stevenson would travel to Britain for a rematch with Tony Bellew - and says he would win by knockout again.

The WBC light-heavyweight champion believes his former opponent should try and avenge his sixth-round stoppage loss, rather than attempt to lure Andre Ward out of retirement following back-to-back wins over David Haye.

Bellew has set the record straight by winning rematches against Isaac Chilemba and Nathan Cleverly having failed to win the first fight, and Stevenson remains the only other blemish on his record.

Full article:

Stevenson vs Jack: Adonis Stevenson welcomes a rematch with Tony Bellew in Britain | Boxing News | Sky Sports

Re: Adonis Stevenson welcomes a rematch with Tony Bellew

Crazy to think Adonis Stevenson is 40. If he wants the big pay days he should fight Kovalev, but for some reason he has been avoiding him for years.

Stevenson has done a good job in making people forget that he's even a champ. He has all the big names: Kovalev, Beterviev, Bivol, Gvozdyk and he considers fighting a guy that didn't fought 175 lbs since 2013? I wouldn't be suprised if Jack outboxes him anyway.

Adonis Stevenson confident of repeating the treatment against old foe Tony Bellew

Longtime WBC light heavyweight champion Adonis Stevenson 29-1 (24) says he will travel to Great Britain to knockout old foe Tony Bellew 30-2-1 (20) in a rematch.

Adonis Stevenson confident of repeating the treatment against old foe Tony Bellew - Boxing News - Ring News24

I think Adonis would thrash him again, only a little harder this time. It would last 8 to 10 rounds. Bellew has gotten too much rep for those victories over a shot Haye, have him fight a real fighter and you see how limited he is.

Totally Agree!!

I really can't see Bellew getting back into the ring with Stevenson, the result will be the same as before in my opinion.

Bellew Vs Charr wouldn't surprise me at all...

This is all that fucking Bellew's ego talking. He wants to DEFEAT EVERY MAN HE HAS FACED, like Lennox Lewis. Well guess what, cunt? You are not Lewis!

He's about as annoying as Lewis, to be fair.

I really can't see Bellew getting back into the ring with Stevenson, the result will be the same as before in my opinion..

Credit to Bellew, I think he's a game fighter who probably wants the chance of revenge and isn't afraid of Stevenson, but he remains not good enough to do the job.

After watching the Haitian Rapist last Sat night, and even though he clearly lost to Jack, I think Bellew needs to stay far away.

Stevenson's once-incredible head movement (the best in the sport, even better than Canelo's) has all but dissapeared. However, Stevenson's offensive movement and his stamina both seem to be at 100%. He lost to Jack primarily because of Jacks methodical, air-tight defense.

Tony Bellew is as game as they come, he surely hits harder than Jack, (doesn't everybody?) and I begrudgingly give him credit for what he's accomplished, but he doesn't have the defense to deal with even a 40 year old Stevenson.

Edited by Cableaddict

--- I'd vote for Stevey being slapped down by both Bellew and Jack in rematches. He's getting creamier by the minute every one fight every year.

He's still dangerous, though.

In a few more years, he'll have to go back to beating on helpless teenaged female kidnap victims, but for now, that left hand is still a huge threat.

Jack did an amazing job of neutralizing it.