Josh Taylor to face Viktor Postol in WBC final eliminator

The_budweiser

Cyclone Promotions are delighted to announce that Scotland’s exciting contender Josh Taylor (12-0-0) will face Ukraine’s number one-ranked Viktor Postol (29-1-0) in a final eliminator for the WBC World super lightweight title at the SSE Hydro in Glasgow on June 23rd. This mouth- watering contest will be shown live and exclusive on Channel 5, and is sponsored by Voltarol, Ladbrokes and Maxi-Nutrition.

Josh Taylor to face Viktor Postol in WBC final eliminator - Boxing News - Ring News24

Re: Josh Taylor to face Viktor Postol in WBC final eliminator

Josh should win this, although it's a great challenge, technically. If he does, then it's the sign that he is ready to aim for the best-Crawford and the other guys. :boxing:

Do you really think hes ready for the likes of Crawford if he beats Viktor Postol?

Do you really think hes ready for the likes of Crawford if he beats Viktor Postol?

Maybe...the way he looks now, I'd say so. But maybe he could use a couple more fights first. ;-) Still, I doubt he can get much better.

Really good fight and an excellent yardstick to see where Taylor is at. I'd certainly like him to develop more before pushing for a Crawford fight. There's no real pressure to make the fight and if it happens somewhere down the line I'd like to be more certain that Taylor is closer to his full potential.

Victor Postol is no easy dance.

I don't think I've ever seen Josh Taylor fight.

Can he box, or is he mostly just power & youth?

Say - He's actually not that young. 27 y-o already! He's got the record & the face of a 21 year old.

- And the acne of a 21 year old. An awful lot of acne for 27! Of course, I'm not implying anything shady. Oh no, not me.... :whistle:

Edited by Cableaddict

Not a lot going on in Postol's career since this loss against Crawford. Just one fight and he got floored against unknown Najdmiddinov. If Taylor manages to KO Postol, it'd be a standout victory for him.

I can't see McGuigan/Taylor going after Crawford anytime soon.

They'll go after Jose Carlos Ramirez for the WBC title and try keep the big paydays at The Hydro for as long as possible.