Some weird stuff during fight for German heavyweight title

pittbox

Re: Some weird stuff during fight for German heavyweight title

--- It was dirtier than it needed to be because of the marshmallow spine of the ref.

Schwartz was seemingly KOed by a headbutt against a fighter leading with his thick noggin all night. At that point it was a no brainer DQ, but instead idiot ref let them fight on with predictable ignominious results...only in boxing...

Watched this Madness. Was Schwarz hurt or doing an impression of Andre Dirrell? Either way the ref should have called DQ there and then. Ref must've thought Tom was over reacting. Gashi was using the head way too much. The brawl after was crazy.

He was definitely acting. He flailed his arms up, then dropped like a sack of dirt. Kind of reminds me of that guy Pascal fought, that didn't want to continue so he stayed on the canvas for 45 minutes. :haha:

Corruption in a German boxing ring, you say?

I don't believe it!

I can't even figure what the ref's bullshit excuse was. Is it now illegal to let the other fighter hit you in the back of your head?

================================

He was definitely acting. He flailed his arms up, then dropped like a sack of dirt. Kind of reminds me of that guy Pascal fought, that didn't want to continue so he stayed on the canvas for 45 minutes. :haha:

OMG - that Italian guy! Buglioni, or something like that? That was the worse, esp since his cornerman was later caught on tape yelling "stay down!"

I made a meme for it back when, gotta' look for it......

Edited by Cableaddict

Also some craziness in another German fight. Elvis Hetemi vs Roman Shkarupa. Elvis loses his undefeated record after getting punches just after the bell rings for the round. Crumples to the ground and the ref starts the count. Gets to his feet and drunkenly stumbles to his corner and the fight is stopped. It's a wild one.

Also some craziness in another German fight. Elvis Hetemi vs Roman Shkarupa. Elvis loses his undefeated record after getting punches just after the bell rings for the round. Crumples to the ground and the ref starts the count. Gets to his feet and drunkenly stumbles to his corner and the fight is stopped. It's a wild one.

Only in Germany.

And Mexico.

And Italy

And Russia

And England

And Las Vegas

And (God Help Us all) Texas.

I don't get why do you have an issue with this one. Shkarupa threw the punch just when the bell rang. It doesn't meet a criteria of a deliberate late blow. For me it's a standard knockdown and it's clear that the Hetemi's trainer actually urged the ref to stop the fight. I think it'd be more controversial if they tried to DQ Shkarupa, given that Hetemi was the home-town fighter.

I don't get why do you have an issue with this one. Shkarupa threw the punch just when the bell rang. It doesn't meet a criteria of a deliberate late blow. For me it's a standard knockdown and it's clear that the Hetemi's trainer actually urged the ref to stop the fight. I think it'd be more controversial if they tried to DQ Shkarupa, given that Hetemi was the home-town fighter.

Punch landed clearly after the bell rang.

Hetemi was knocked out?

Couple years ago we competed in a student amateur boxing tournament in germany and my teammate was fighting hetemi in the finals and was robbed (from my subjective opinion).

Some of the dudes I know from the amateurs have switched over to the professional ranks and it's pretty interesting to follow their career. Sucks for hetemi to have his career derailed.

Punch landed clearly after the bell rang.

the punch was already in motion, maybe a split second after the bell and hetemi wasnt relaxing because of the gong. He also tried

to counter with a right uppercut before he was caught.

the punch was already in motion, maybe a split second after the bell and hetemi wasnt relaxing because of the gong. He also tried

to counter with a right uppercut before he was caught.

I could be wrong, but i always felt regardless of when the punch is being thrown, if it lands after the bell it's a foul. Is that not the case?

--- boxing typically blows those bell calls, because sometimes the dolts can't even ring the bell on time much less possess any judgement about a punch after the bell.

The fighters should be given a few seconds to disengage with the ref separating them. Pts then deducted for noncooperation. Sprinters can't stop on a dime at the finish line any more than a landing jet.

I could be wrong, but i always felt regardless of when the punch is being thrown, if it lands after the bell it's a foul. Is that not the case?

I dont know the real rules, so its just guessing from my side.

It is possible, but pretty difficult to stop a punch midway. So from my understanding, if the punch is in motion

before the bell rings, you cant always expect him to retract his punch in time.

His opponent also should always stay alert, especially when his opponent was ready to throw a punch and not relax as soon as the bell rings,

but that wasnt the case in this fight, hetemi was seeing the punch and tried to land his own counter.

I dont know the real rules, so its just guessing from my side.

It is possible, but pretty difficult to stop a punch midway. So from my understanding, if the punch is in motion

before the bell rings, you cant always expect him to retract his punch in time.

His opponent also should always stay alert, especially when his opponent was ready to throw a punch and not relax as soon as the bell rings,

but that wasnt the case in this fight, hetemi was seeing the punch and tried to land his own counter.

It's a tough one because they give the 10 second warning, and the will also tell them, but there has to be a cut off, but you dont want to be the guy that relaxes he fists right on queue as the other swings a wild one aiming to land it right on the bell.

The fighters should be given a few seconds to disengage with the ref separating them. Pts then deducted for noncooperation. Sprinters can't stop on a dime at the finish line any more than a landing jet.

This is probably the most logical way to deal with it really. If a punch is en route at the bell allow it to come to fruition and the ref calls time, steps in and the boxers can relax / drop hands. If any are thrown after the bell they are told / warned / deducted points.

--- boxing typically blows those bell calls, because sometimes the dolts can't even ring the bell on time much less possess any judgement about a punch after the bell.

The difference is, there's no time limit in a race. It's more like a basketball player taking a shot at the buzzer. He might be in the act of shooting, but if the ball is still touching his fingertips as the time expires than it shouldn't count.

--- Yeah, but the basketball player still pushes the ball thru the complete follow thru, and I don't ever recall a BB player being penalized for that or the ball striking or otherwise passing thru the net. Boxing save a ref with good judgement lacks that basic judgement due to being being dumber overall than most pro sports refs.