Big Weekend of boxing - Fight-Score users post your scorecards here

Ton

Evening all, there's loads of action tonight in the world of boxing, with events in Liverpool, Belfast in the UK, some action in Poland and a card in Las Vegas.

There are a few members of the forum signed up to the fight-score web app as discussed in the "Use of technology" thread, and there's a growing number of users, so hopefully we will start to get some interesting fight analysis charts as more and more users score the fights.

I thought a thread could be made for members to post up their scorecards, whether a screen shot or just a link to the scorecard once they have saved it.

I know there are some threads for specific fights so they can be posted up in those also.

I've added the spoiler icon also because it might give away some results, obviously.

I'll be delayed in submitting my scores as I am out for the UK fights, but I will get round to it tomorrow at the latest.

Re: Big Weekend of boxing - Fight-Score users post your scorecards here

Found the link. Posted this on my Facebook and in some FB boxing groups - Cracking site where you can post your scorecards from all the big fights, including tonight's boxing. Can sign in using Facebook or Twitter.Fight Score - The Boxing Scorecard with Reasoning

Cheers for pluggin it Rob....

Trying to make a seriously robust and user friendly web app, and with all the collection of data with reasons being awarded for each round, can do some pretty in depth and interesting fight analysis. With enough users that is of course.

Keep getting more and more signed up, just need to get the coming back and scoring fights regularly for it to take off and generate more interest.

Keep spreading the word folks.

So the Gervonta Davis and Charlo fights were over quickly and the recording stopped at round 3 of Frampton/Donaire, so I need to watch that later and score it.....

Here's my card for Broner vs Vargas

6EIVF5V.png?1

Here's the fight-score.com user combined score analysis for the fight: Adrien Broner vs Jessie Vargas Analysis

Zolani Tete vs Narvaez was a complete walkover. Terrible match up, Narvaez didn't come to fight at all.

INKa6cR.png?1

• 2 weeks later...

--- OK, reregistered with new password I wrote down on my scorecard.

I noticed that multiple options for checking boxes are still unavailable, but I got a score in. Also I'd love to be able to explain my scorecard by the end since I use a lot of even rounds in my scoring. Keep up the good work...

:smiley-signs121:

--- OK, reregistered with new password I wrote down on my scorecard.

I noticed that multiple options for checking boxes are still unavailable, but I got a score in. Also I'd love to be able to explain my scorecard by the end since I use a lot of even rounds in my scoring. Keep up the good work...

:smiley-signs121:

Cheers Bobby....

I have assigned your previous scorecard for Lomachenko/Rigondeaux to your account.

Regarding the reasons selection I am just going to keep it to the one choice, since thats all thats needed to justify a winner. If more than one can be applied then just go with the most relevant or useful. We tried to come up with the reasons to cover all bases and also try not to be any redundancy and each reason on the list is standalone from any other. There may be some that a close in meaning, but I think context can also play a part.

I can easily add in a comments section also, thats a nice idea for full clarity and any neccessary explanations.

I'm currently working on making the scorecards properly "live". That is they are saved to the database as soon as you hit the "Start scoring" button and they update in the database as you add each round score. This then means that the fight-analysis data will update in real time also. It also makes social sharing your scorecard much better (where currently if you tweet your latest round, it generates a URL, which in turn fills out the scorecard for anyone visiting that URL up to that round....so if you score another round and the user refreshes it doesn't update with the additional rounds). So this will all change in the next round of updates which I am hoping to push live either tomorrow or later in the week.

All this new functionality brings about a dilema in whether I should show links / popouts for people to access the live analysis for example, as they are scoring rounds. It's a neat feature and may be of interest to people, but it also might cause some distraction from the fight they are scoring :haha:

Plus with only a few active scorers there wont be much in terms of live data, until there are many users scoring the fight live as it happens....

I will update the main thread when these changes happen anyway.

--- Here's a philosophical point of scoring that played out last night on my scorecard on the GGG/Vanes undercard.

Two undefeated fringe contender in jrwelt fought a higher order highly skilled fight of attrition that saw them go the distance. The rounds were refreshingly easy to score decided by the high activity level of Jesus Perez or the hurtful power punching by Ruslan Mediev. I scored 96-93 Ruslan that included a 10-8 rd to 93 for Jesus and no evens, a great fight by two who should be ranked higher. Judges saw for Ruslan 99-91 and 97-93 x2, the last being close to my own score. For me given the fight was without fouls and blatant stinking, I wish there was a way to rate the level of fight itself on a 1-5 scale.

And yeah, I agree with the single rd selections keeping it simple. We can only develop the concept round by round as we go...

Edited by LondonRingRules

--- Ok now, I don't wanna try to log into that other fightscore competitor again and I don't use Facebook, so how about providing a direct link any time you post these prompts?

i got both hughie and Loma fights still steaming hot and chompin' at the bit!

--- Ok now, I don't wanna try to log into that other fightscore competitor again and I don't use Facebook, so how about providing a direct link any time you post these prompts?

i got both hughie and Loma fights still steaming hot and chompin' at the bit!

Morning Bobby, all you gotta do is head to Fight Score - The Boxing Scorecard with Reasoning dude. Hit fights and find the one you're looking at scoring. I could create a better titled thread on here for the fight score fight links each week I suppose.

Best you head to the login page first as you need to be logged in to save your scorecard.

Working on some big tweaks to the system today.

--- Ace, but wouldn't click on any links but my dashboard and previous scores.

Using an old 4.0 iPhone, so try again minds at the library.

Ahh man, It's hard enough to support all up to date (within the last few years) devices AND web browsers, nevermind anything older and outdated! :haha:

Sorry about that, LRR.

--- Ok, got in and aside from some clumsiness brought about by my confusion over your 10th round, got em done.

Just to let you know, the Linares fight was stopped in the 10th after he was TKOed. Normally in the scores given they don't score incomplete rounds save on a technical decision. I scored the 10th 10-8 for Loma as would have happened, but it artificially boosts the scores.

The official scores indicate the scoring stopped after the 9th. BTW, it's obvious that these two fighters were vastly more technical and speedy than lardassed judges. They need special high octane judges as I thought most round while close, everything Linares put together was prompted exceeded though neither was punching hard. That liver shot a bit of a perfect fluke that I doubt Loma can duplicate again.

Thanks for submitting Bobby. We now have a half decent data set now for some fight analysis. Hopefully we keep getting more and more users / scorecards submitted.

Interesting you scored round 10 as well, I actually have a "rounds" field set in the database for each fight which currently just defaults to 12. But I can amend this according to how long the fight lasts, and for fight analysis data only include scores for those rounds that were completed.

Currently it just takes the first scorecard submitted as the basis for how many rounds should be output in the fight analysis. But this will have potential flaws going forward.

It will also interefer in the next round of updates which is a biggie!

--- Ok, got in and aside from some clumsiness brought about by my confusion over your 10th round, got em done.

Just to let you know, the Linares fight was stopped in the 10th after he was TKOed. Normally in the scores given they don't score incomplete rounds save on a technical decision. I scored the 10th 10-8 for Loma as would have happened, but it artificially boosts the scores.

The official scores indicate the scoring stopped after the 9th. BTW, it's obvious that these two fighters were vastly more technical and speedy than lardassed judges. They need special high octane judges as I thought most round while close, everything Linares put together was prompted exceeded though neither was punching hard. That liver shot a bit of a perfect fluke that I doubt Loma can duplicate again.

Here's a link to your card. LRR: Bobby Mac's scorecard for Jorge Linares vs Vasyl Lomachenko -

13 May 2018

I notice in round 1 you awarded 10-9 but gave the reason of even round? Was this a mistake? I can correct it for you if so.

Maybe I need to add in a feature where you can update any round....not just the"undo" button? :noidea:

--- That a part of my clumsiness where I had to start over to make a correction. So, yeah, the option to see the summation and pick the rd for correction might be a nice feature. I'm sure I'll do better with familiarit

--- That a part of my clumsiness where I had to start over to make a correction. So, yeah, the option to see the summation and pick the rd for correction might be a nice feature. I'm sure I'll do better with familiarit

I think I will allow users to amend an earlier round.

Of course, if this happened to become a utilised thing to judges, that feature will be disabled!!