Whats the MOST outlandish thing you've heard a boxing fan say?

repsac

Specify whether it was a real boxing fan or a casual boxing fan.

I once heard a casual fan tell his girlfriend that the fighters have an equal amount of time in-between the round. So thats 3 minutes fighting, 3 minutes resting. Then claim the time keeper was speeding up the time in-between the rounds, because it's no way that was already 3 minutes.

Re: Whats the MOST outlandish thing you've heard a boxing fan say?

"Canelo beat Golovkin."

:laugh:

======================================

I was once in a bar, watching a Pac fight (I forget which one) and some guy was telling his GF how Pac was the greatest boxer of all time, and could have even beaten Mike Tyson.

I'm assuming he was a casual.

"Canelo beat Golovkin."

:laugh:

======================================

I was once in a bar, watching a Pac fight (I forget which one) and some guy was telling his GF how Pac was the greatest boxer of all time, and could have even beaten Mike Tyson.

I'm assuming he was a casual.

When i was at the SuperFly2 card in Cali, some guy there was drunkenly explaining to his pal that 118-110 for Canelo "wasn't too bad of a scorecard." Then he said he had it even wider for Canelo. Bwahahahahahahaha

I was on security at Johnny Nelson vs Thompson at the Derby Storm basketball arena, 1999, when a well known UK boxing fan was observing a pre-fight 3 way Sky Sports interview, with Barry McGuigan, Glenn McCrory and the presenter. He indicated and murmured under his breath to Barry during the interview that his trouser zip (flies) were undone. Of course they weren't - it was a ruse - as was his way. When the camera flashed off Barry to Glenn McCrory, Barry glared back at the protagonist and murmured back "if I look down and they aint - I'm gonna kill you". With perfect comedy timing, Barry glanced down to his crotch both hands ready for a speedy zip up and of course he had been conned - the camera caught it all - the assembled crowd roared - and Barry playfully grabbed the protagonist, Brian Randall, around the throat and had a darn good belly laugh.

What a great boxing fan Brian is - he travels the length and breadth of the world, weekly, to go to live events and is well known - and what a great bloke Barry McGuigan is for taking it all in good humour.

--- TUE cleaning up boxing...

yup, 'twas the prevailing view of the suits and the fans and no doubt they're still hanging around.

Or Kellerman: McG won't land a single punch on TUE repeated endlessly in the lead up by other "expert" fans...only in boxing!

Christ repsac, do you have any idea how long it'll take me to sift Cable's posting history?

Now where did I put than "banned for life" button? I had it just a minute ago.......

:wave: :haha:

--- TUE cleaning up boxing...

yup, 'twas the prevailing view of the suits and the fans and no doubt they're still hanging around. !

LOL.

Also: "Al Haymon and the PBC will revolutionize and save boxing!"

What a difference 3 years makes. (About the amount of time many Haymon fighters have gone without even fighting. :laugh: )

I once heard a casual fan tell his girlfriend that the fighters have an equal amount of time in-between the round. So thats 3 minutes fighting, 3 minutes resting. Then claim the time keeper was speeding up the time in-between the rounds, because it's no way that was already 3 minutes.

That's quite funny :lol:

Apparently not a casual fan: David Haye didn't suffer any leg injury but was faking it, in the Bellew fight. A conspiracy theory addict said this!! :haha:

Apparently not a casual fan: David Haye didn't suffer any leg injury but was faking it, in the Bellew fight. A conspiracy theory addict said this!! :haha:

Haye WAS faking it. Incredibly obvious if you just watch the damned fight. Every time he forgot his act, he backed up on that ankle with full weight, and he also used it to pull himself back into the ring.

I guess it was one of those "intermittent" injuries. :mnose:

--- I've got a badly damaged leg now that in everyday use nobody could pick up on.

I can no longer run and have to take care with everyday movement or I could be put into a sudden collapse if I make a mistake which I do now and again. Thus far it has been in private, but I could easily embarrass or even endanger myself crossing the street for example. Pinks bad leg was also talked about by Brits in the lead up to Bellew...truth being stranger than fiction and moons made of green cheese Pizza Hut pizzas...

Haye WAS faking it. Incredibly obvious if you just watch the damned fight. Every time he forgot his act, he backed up on that ankle with full weight, and he also used it to pull himself back into the ring.

I guess it was one of those "intermittent" injuries. :mnose:

:haha: Good grief!