David Price to fight on

WelshDevilRob

Dave and his management MTK Global have realeased the following

“I’m excited to get back in there. I can’t wait. Normally I have some time away from boxing after a fight but I want to get straight back into it this time. I’ve fallen back in love with it.

“I really want to say a huge ‘thanks’ to the support I’ve received before, during and after the fight. It has completely renewed my faith in boxing as a sport.

“Although I lost and got knocked out, I proved I can compete with elite fighters. Before the fight, I said I would carry on regardless and after it, I take the positives and will now go for the European title.”

“The knockout won’t have been nice for people to watch in the heat of the moment but I didn’t mind watching it straight afterwards when I went backstage. For a long time, I couldn’t watch Erkan Teper knocking me out but you grow as a person.

“If a fighter quits just because they get knocked out, are they really a fighter? Getting knocked out is part of boxing and you have to accept that.”

----------------

Can he still win titles in boxing or is it too late for him?

Re: David Price to fight on

Us Brits love a valiant loser, and with a core of scouse fans backing him, Price's loss seems to have had the reverse effect than what you'd expect.

Liverpool fans are reknown for backing their team without question. With the love and support that's sent out to Price it's boosted him.

Hopefully, as he suggests in the article, he knows his level and he is happy to stick to that Euro / British level. He might have some moderate success there.

I guess he won't have made big money from the sport. So it might be a case he simply can't just walk away from a monetary perspective.

--- Just for the record, Ali only suffered 1 Ko loss, yet was left incapacited for the last 3rd of his life.

London KOed 11x and still living to a ripe age with no incapacitation, indeed in good health and cheer. Pricey only KOed 4x which admittedly seems a lot, but there is no majic formula that can predict a fighter or any person from becoming incapacitated other than eventually, we all die of this and that and the other.

I was only KO'd once, and look what happened to me!

:mnuts:

But seriously:

The thing about Price is that, guys who are that chinny most likely don't have a lot of cerebral fluid to protect their brain sacks, or maybe they have extra thin skulls, or whatever.

It means they are more prone to damage.

European is well in his reach. His career will end with a KO defeat but there are money fights out there for him. Tyson Fury needs opponents, Price is ideal - they have history and it'll sell. Price being financially smart and waiting for that Fury payday.

I'm not surprised, but he needs to lower his expectations and maybe go after the winner for Fury-Sexton for the British title.

European is well in his reach. His career will end with a KO defeat but there are money fights out there for him. Tyson Fury needs opponents, Price is ideal - they have history and it'll sell. Price being financially smart and waiting for that Fury payday.

Agree with Rob, lets not forget the general standard of the heavyweight division as a whole is piss poor. Eurp level probably isn't much of a step up from domestic British I'd say.

--- Just for the record, Ali only suffered 1 Ko loss, yet was left incapacited for the last 3rd of his life.

London KOed 11x and still living to a ripe age with no incapacitation, indeed in good health and cheer. Pricey only KOed 4x which admittedly seems a lot, but there is no majic formula that can predict a fighter or any person from becoming incapacitated other than eventually, we all die of this and that and the other.

Of course you can't just assume or quanitify these things with any difinity.....

People smoke 30 cigarettes a day can live til 90, while some who never smoked in their lives develop lung cancer earlier in their lives.

BUT indeed, things can be a contributing factor to long term health and being knocked out time and again cannot be good for you.

Agree with Rob, lets not forget the general standard of the heavyweight division as a whole is piss poor. Eurp level probably isn't much of a step up from domestic British I'd say.

You say that, but he has already lost a European title fight against Teper (14-0). Do you guys see him beating Agit Kabayel (18-0)?

Price isn't in the top 18 rankings according to the European Rankings..

You say that, but he has already lost a European title fight against Teper (14-0). Do you guys see him beating Agit Kabayel (18-0)?

Price isn't in the top 18 rankings according to the European Rankings..

No but I'd argue the case he is as likely to get tagged by Sexton and kayo'd as he is by the guy above. All heavyweights have some form of dig so the risk to Price is there whether at UK or Euro level, where I'd say the talent level is pretty similar.