Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Download access - What is 5 posts?

Download access - What is 5 posts?

Admin and staff are currently deciding what the best option is for the downloads moving forward.

In the mean time the downloads have been set to 5 posts over 7 days for access.

Some non-English users are having trouble understanding the above. 5 posts means

either:

reply's to current threads - anywhere on the forum

OR:

starting new threads - anywhere on the forum.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to the_budweiser For This Useful Post:

Bear Hugger (04-03-2018), selij (04-03-2018), WelshDevilRob (04-04-2018)

Re: Download access - What is 5 posts?

Doubt anyone that speaks a foreign language will see this. You are better off PM'ing the regular users and sending the message in different languages - main ones like French, Spanish, Russian.

I've been on foreign language forums and it's a nightmare understanding what's going on unless you speak the lingo. Plus this topic is right at the bottom of the forum.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WelshDevilRob For This Useful Post:

selij (04-04-2018), WSMFC64 (04-04-2018)

Really? We're back to this again? I really don't understand the whole x number of posts for access. It's not necessarily contributing to the site. It encourages spam, period.

I love this site, I don't want to be banned or anything, just my opinion...that's all it is, an opinion, but that is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen. But, it's your site, you run it how you see fit.

I mean, look at the post counts: I don't post much and somehow I'm on page 3 in ALL TIME posts. So that's what, only the top 2% who have access to downloads and videos? And how many of those members haven't posted in awhile? How many of the visitors here, even the regular ones, really qualify for those areas? A small handful?

I love the site, but I'm really struggling to see the thinking here. Shouldn't you want this stuff to be out there more instead of hidden away in secret? I get there's potential for abuse and there needs to be a certain amount of security. Ok, then make it by invite only at least.

Anyways, end rant. Just wanted to express my opinion for whatever it's worth...I'll behave now.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nymb242 For This Useful Post:

selij (04-04-2018), WSMFC64 (04-04-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by nymb242 View Post
    Really? We're back to this again? I really don't understand the whole x number of posts for access. It's not necessarily contributing to the site. It encourages spam, period.

I love this site, I don't want to be banned or anything, just my opinion...that's all it is, an opinion, but that is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen. But, it's your site, you run it how you see fit.

I mean, look at the post counts: I don't post much and somehow I'm on page 3 in ALL TIME posts. So that's what, only the top 2% who have access to downloads and videos? And how many of those members haven't posted in awhile? How many of the visitors here, even the regular ones, really qualify for those areas? A small handful?

I love the site, but I'm really struggling to see the thinking here. Shouldn't you want this stuff to be out there more instead of hidden away in secret? I get there's potential for abuse and there needs to be a certain amount of security. Ok, then make it by invite only at least.

Anyways, end rant. Just wanted to express my opinion for whatever it's worth...I'll behave now.
    Do you think its fair for users to log on for 6 months plus, some longer, each week and not make a single post?

Too many are taking advantage and how hard is it to post 5 posts spread over 7 days? less than a post a day!

We don't have hundreds/thousands of active members. So even if only a small handful make an effort (like a few have done recenty) by replying to some of the threads it all helps with the forums activity.

If people are going to post, they're going to post. They shouldn't need a carrot on a stick to compel them to post. I would prefer quality to quantity. Is it really contributing to the site to have mindless responses just for the purposes of keeping post counts up? That's what I meant by spam. Now, having said that, I don't know how many are like me and downloads are the biggest reason for coming to the site. I'm sure some could care less and they come to the site mainly for the dialog.

Anyways, if thems the rules, thems the rules. I'll follow them. I'm just wondering how well it's achieving its goal.

edit: oh by the way, that's post #5, now I can go back to the downloads page.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to nymb242 For This Useful Post:

WSMFC64 (04-04-2018)

If people are going to post, they're going to post. They shouldn't need a carrot on a stick to compel them to post. I would prefer quality to quantity. Is it really contributing to the site to have mindless responses just for the purposes of keeping post counts up? That's what I meant by spam. Now, having said that, I don't know how many are like me and downloads are the biggest reason for coming to the site. I'm sure some could care less and they come to the site mainly for the dialog.

Anyways, if thems the rules, thems the rules. I'll follow them. I'm just wondering how well it's achieving its goal.

If quality is important why don't you make some posts in world boxing?

No, you went for quantity by posting 5 video threads. Kind of contradicting your own post.

You can see the point though? There's no point paying for the up keep of a forum, if no one is posting. Posts = views = ad revenue. If it's a Ghost Town it disappears as have many forums.
    You watch a lot of fights and follow the sport, it'd be interesting to hear your opinion at times.

I don't think it's much to ask and it's not a hardship.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to WelshDevilRob For This Useful Post:

the_budweiser (04-04-2018)

Explain how the ad revenue works then...

Seems to be some sort of a secret that I have never been party to even as an Admin. Surely we only get paid if people click on the Ad banners (?). I cant see how making 5 posts for access to a DL section adds income to the site. Or maybe I'm just thick-as.

And I have been informed by 3 foreign speaking members they will not be visiting any more as its impossible for them to make the posts. And don't anyone mention google-translate or I will jack tonight.
    Its bad enough English speakers being leapt on in World Forum by constant Quote/Quote/Quote/Quote/ never mind a foreign lang speaker.

The reason people aren't posting in World needs addressing as a separate factor before foreign downloaders are made to carry the can.

And talk about spam? These are the new posts you've made Bud in World (just on the first page) and every one of them is just a link to a RN24 article! And the only one I have made you have replied to also with a link to a RN24 article! Don't you think people can see straight thru this ?

http://www.koboxingforum.com/showthread.php?t=110916

http://www.koboxingforum.com/showthread.php?t=110920

http://www.koboxingforum.com/showthread.php?t=110894

http://www.koboxingforum.com/showthread.php?t=110910

http://www.koboxingforum.com/showthread.php?t=110907

http://www.koboxingforum.com/showthread.php?t=110911

http://www.koboxingforum.com/showthread.php?t=110905

http://www.koboxingforum.com/showthread.php?t=110871

http://www.koboxingforum.com/showthread.php?t=110878

http://www.koboxingforum.com/showthread.php?t=110634

http://www.koboxingforum.com/showthread.php?t=110865

14. The Following User Says Thank You to selij For This Useful Post:

WSMFC64 (04-04-2018)

Revenue is determined by adsense, cost per click (cpc) and earning per click (epc). The amount you make comes from unique hits/clicks/impressions/page views/% display - I believe and other factors.

Posts on the forum can get found on Google which increases the chance of revenue.

The more posts/quality/activity/hits increase your domain and page authority which ranks you higher in google. Higher rank you have the higher the position on page 1.So the higher you get the more likely the earnings will go up, with people visiting the website.

Right now the site makes about 60 every few months and can be quicker or longer depending on lots of factors.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to the_budweiser For This Useful Post:

WSMFC64 (04-04-2018)

I was still editing/posting before you replied

And I am still personally undecided which way to go regards the post count for DL access. If it makes financial sense then its got to be done BUT from that explanation I still dont get it, sorry.

And if the downloaders numbers dwindles any more ( 3 gone today) then it becomes the work involved for the amount of people making DL's makes no sense and is a waste of time.

All people will say tho is its 3 gone who dont post in World so the issue of getting more people to post in World should be the forums priority not punishing and discriminating against foreigners who have never posted anyway. We've heard a lot about discrimination over the weekend. Trying to force people to post to the extent of driving them away surely isnt the way to go (?)

18. The Following User Says Thank You to selij For This Useful Post:

WSMFC64 (04-04-2018)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast