Deontay Wilder declares he wants a body on his record - again

The_budweiser

With the world’s focus on the heavyweight division this weekend ahead of the unification bout between England’s Anthony Joshua 20-0 (20) and New Zealand’s Joseph Parker 24-0 (18) in Cardiff, Wales, American WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder 40-0 (39) has been left on the outside looking in.

Deontay Wilder declares he wants a body on his record – again - Boxing News - Ring News24

Re: Deontay Wilder declares he wants a body on his record - again

Absolutely disgusting thing to say, and want!! Fucks up with him?

Surely if ever a tragedy does happen with him being the reason, these comments could be used in a murder / manslaughter case???

Surely if ever a tragedy does happen with him being the reason, these comments could be used in a murder / manslaughter case???

Can't see anything being held against him unless he were shown to land illegal blows - he has no control over whether an opponent lives or dies, in spite of his idiotic remarks.

I don't think he actually means what he said, although they are tasteless comments especially when boxers lose their life inside the ring.

I think his comments are more to put fear in his opponents and get them doubting themselves. Maybe the pressure of fighting Joshua in the near future is getting to him?

Tyson said, "If he doesn't die, it doesn't count", when he fought Biggs. He also said on live TV, "I wanted to punch his nose bone up into his brain" when he fought Ferguson. People idolize violent thugs, which is why they make posters of people like the Kray's and why films like Scarface are loved.

Agree with lots of the above - incredibly distasteful. I haven't heard this from him before but it's really disappointing. It's not only straight up objectionable, it also brings the sport into disrepute, especially if he starts to get more exposure as the hype for a Joshua fight increases.

Tyson said, "If he doesn't die, it doesn't count", when he fought Biggs. He also said on live TV, "I wanted to punch his nose bone up into his brain" when he fought Ferguson. People idolize violent thugs, which is why they make posters of people like the Kray's and why films like Scarface are loved.

Thing is, with Tyson you believed him! Wilder has similar levels of power to Tyson but none of the sense of menace - Tyson just had the aura about him that suggested he was a neuron away from murdering everyone in the room.

Don't mention the Krays, you'll set selij off about the difference between the Krays and real gangsters!

Thing is, with Tyson you believed him! Wilder has similar levels of power to Tyson but none of the sense of menace - Tyson just had the aura about him that suggested he was a neuron away from murdering everyone in the room.

Don't mention the Krays, you'll set selij off about the difference between the Krays and real gangsters!

Hi pal. Thanks for replying. No matter what I write, it is always wrong, but I used the Krays as an example because I don't know any other gangsters.

I had no idea. I thought it was something you and Selig had been discussing.

It is in a way, but selij is our resident expert on steroids and violent crime, so he can often be found explaining the difference between the Krays and proper gangsters - basically the Krays were two-bit thugs who wanted to be famous, whereas the real gangsters kept out of the limelight making their money.

But that was a mere casual aside - the main thing was picking up on your Tyson point, because he's one of the few people I've ever taken seriously in boxing!

It is in a way, but selij is our resident expert on steroids and violent crime, so he can often be found explaining the difference between the Krays and proper gangsters - basically the Krays were two-bit thugs who wanted to be famous, whereas the real gangsters kept out of the limelight making their money.

But that was a mere casual aside - the main thing was picking up on your Tyson point, because he's one of the few people I've ever taken seriously in boxing!

Ah so it was a joke that I couldn't have hoped to understand. I am forgiven then for not realizing?

I am not going to get into any debates with anyone about anything, because I end up in trouble. I am only posting, because I have (like others) been barred from the DL section.

Can't see anything being held against him unless he were shown to land illegal blows - he has no control over whether an opponent lives or dies, in spite of his idiotic remarks.

I'm sure the promoters have a lovely contract that says "If I die, I wont accuse you, or the opponent of murder", anyway :haha:

--- Thing about Tyson is he didn't need a gang of thugs like Deyonce needed to rough up Breazeale and his wife and tiny son after they appeared together on a Haymon promotion.

Sure uncle Al paid a settlement to Breazeale to keep him from filing charges and suing. Tyson for all his flaws could never attack a vulnerable family like that. He'd settle by hand to hand as he showed in some legendary bareknucks encounters, but not even those so much when he had minders assigned to keep him out of trouble and propped up for his next 30 million purse.

• Like 1

I watched Hatmans youtube video on this today and have to agree with most that was said. Yes it is distasteful but that mentality and mindset is required when your in the ring and in a fight situation. In plenty of other deontay interviews he does wish his opponents that they go home safe so I personally wouldn't be too alarmed.

There´s nothing to say on his favour if he has said such a terrible thing seriously. I doubt he´s said that bullshit.

Here he is repeating the original statement before Stiverne - this is before what he said this week.

Mike Tyson got away with statements like "I want to end his life. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"

But it WORKED for Mike, because at the time Mike truly was crazy.

Wilder is only pretending to be crazy. It's just embarrassing.

I just can't buy into the Wilder hype, he's like the American Price and i think he knows it which is why he seems to avoid the bigger names. Seen a lot this morning on social media about how he'd beat Joshua but i can't see it, he's a big man with a punch and that's it. Joshua is never going to be the next Rigo but he does seem to have the punch and at least the fundamentals.

Mike Tyson got away with statements like "I want to end his life. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"

But it WORKED for Mike, because at the time Mike truly was crazy.

Wilder is only pretending to be crazy. It's just embarrassing.

Tyson's stuff was so way off and far out that NOBODY could take it seriously. This stuff...is different, sounds more serious. George Foreman also admitted once that he wanted to "take somebody's head off" when he was young. This happens with boxers who are very powerful and hard-hitting-it goes to their head.

Stupid thing to say.

I hope he loses his belt real soon.

A lot of Americans jumped on the Wilder hype train

A lot of them jumped back off when he refused to fight Whyte for $ mil.

This new nonsense won't bring any fans back, that's for sure.

Nor will whatever pathetic opponent Uncle Al picks for him next.