Antonio Lozado Jr. - Emerging star, or flash in pan?

Cableaddict

I haven't yet seen the Verdejo fight. Heck, I haven't yet seen Lozada at all.

Easy to rag on Verdejo, he hasn't lived up to the early hype, but he's still an excellent boxer. He lacks motivation & power, but still ....

Officially, the fight was close with Lozado up on 1 card, and given how "legit" boxing is, I figure that means he was actually way ahead.

The guy hasn't lost since 2013, with 5 KO's in those 7 fights. But of course, his opponent list would make Deontay Wilder laugh.

So what do we think of this guy? Another Jeff Horn, or the real deal?

And what's next for him?

Edited by Cableaddict

Re: Antonio Lozado Jr. - Emerging star, or flash in pan?

Easy to rag on Verdejo, he hasn't lived up to the early hype, but he's still an excellent boxer. He lacks motivation & power, but still ....

Officially, the fight was close with Lozado up on 1 card, and given how "legit" boxing is, I figure that means he was actually way ahead.

The guy hasn't lost since 2013, with 5 KO's in those 7 fights. But of course, his opponent list would make Deontay Wilder laugh.

And what's next for him?

Heard a lot of people comparing the fight last night to Cotto vs Margarito 1.

Not sure i can determine what type of fighter he'll become after only witnessing 1 fight. It was strange how the bout sheet listed him as an inch shorter than Felix.

Heard a lot of people comparing the fight last night to Cotto vs Margarito 1.

Not sure i can determine what type of fighter he'll become after only witnessing 1 fight. It was strange how the bout sheet listed him as an inch shorter than Felix.

Something's odd indeed. Boxrec has him 1" taller, at 5'10", but he's clearly 5-6" taller.

Whatever his true height, he appears to have the reach of a small heavyweight.

It's not listed on the main Boxrec page. - And yet elsewhere his reach is shown as 73", which is impossible. The guy looks like he can almost scratch his toes without bending over.

Maybe there's another boxer with the same name, and somebody screwed up?

Edited by Cableaddict

And what's next for him?

If this is you touting his horn and making him one of your prospects to watch then we may as well just consign his career to the graveyard right away :haha: ;-)

If this is you touting his horn and making him one of your prospects to watch then we may as well just consign his career to the graveyard right away :haha: ;-)

LOL.

Luckily for Lozado, it is not.

I finally saw the fight.

There's a rough video of it on YouTube now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aW5ZbGKIpWI

Lozado looks pretty good. Not the fastest hands, but calm under pressure, and VERY good ring generalship. Nice variety of punches, too.

Still, I think Verdejo should have been able to look better in there. The guy has definitely lost a step.