Lomachenko - Linares reportedly done for May 12th

Gerald

Re: Lomachenko - Linares reportedly done for May 12th

Is it true it's at MSG? I'm THERE!!!!!

I heard the hang up on this was something about the Canelo vs GGG replay on HBO.

Yeah - seems Goldenboy didn't want Linares to sign for a fight which might take viewers away from Canelo - GGG replay. Refreshing to see that sometimes promoters and networks are able to sort things out to facilitate the fights.

Mouth-watering! Boxing is in for a treat come May, some brilliant fights scheduled.

Think Loma will be the clear favourite in this fight for many, but there could be some fairytale career defining win for Linares if the gods are on his side (I aint religious).

As it happens I think this will be the start of the end for Linares, a brilliant fighter who will start to age. A bit like Sergio Garcia rode that wave for a good few years before he came unstuck against Cotto.

Still though, a great match up!

Anyone else see this as a straight forward win for Lomachenko? As good as Linares is and he is good, Luke Campbell showed he is vulnerable and easy to hit.

I can't see anything else apart from a comfortable win for Lomachenko.

--- Pretty much it Bud, Linares cashing out a excellent career as a boxer extraordinaire willing to fight the best and travel overseas.

I think its a win-win for Linares. If he loses the fight his stocks still high as its loss to Lomachenko and he can still look for another big pay day.

I'd like him to fight Terry Flanagan after Lomachenko.

I think its a win-win for Linares. If he loses the fight his stocks still high as its loss to Lomachenko and he can still look for another big pay day.

I'd like him to fight Terry Flanagan after Lomachenko.

I mostly agree with this, although the one thing that counts against it is Lomachenko coming up in weight to Linares' home turf. Linares also seems like a proud champion who genuinely wants to prove himself the best. Though I agree his stock will stay pretty high, I'm sure a loss, even to Lomachenko, will hurt pretty bad. Plus the winner of this fight will have some serious potential money on the table for a very big fight with Garcia.