Fury Offered Joshua Fight If He signs With Eddie Hearn

Bear Hugger

Tyson Fury offered Anthony Joshua fight - if he teams up with Matchroom promoter Eddie Hearn.

Tyson Fury has been offered a heavyweight mega-fight with Anthony Joshua - if he signs with Eddie Hearn.

The former heavyweight world champion has not fought since he dethroned Wladimr Klitschko in November 2015.

But he is nearing a return to the ring - and has his sights firmly set on current champion Joshua.

The Londoner takes on Joseph Parker later this month in a unification clash in Cardiff.

And Hearn has said Fury can have his shot at Joshua if he signs with his promotional outfit.

"There have been a lot of rumours that he will join up with us. That's not true, as far as I know," he told Sky Sports .

"We're not close to any kind of agreement. We've had some conversations. I think he's talking to [other promoters] right now.

"If he comes with us, there's a very straightforward road into a lot of heavyweight fights. Anthony Joshua, Dillian Whyte, Tony Bellew.

"Ultimately the grand prize of Joshua because that is a huge fight."

Source:

Tyson Fury offered Anthony Joshua fight - if he teams up with Matchroom promoter Eddie Hearn - Mirror Online

Re: Fury Offered Joshua Fight If He signs With Eddie Hearn

Interesting to hear these comments from Hearn this week. I actually thought things were already going towards Fury signing for Matchroom. Hearn mentioned to IFL that he had a huge announcement coming in the next couple of weeks, and this was at the same time as Fury tweeting that he had big news coming up. Hearn's been dangling the Joshua carrot for Fury for a while so I don't see this statement having an influence on Fury's decision as to which promoter to go with. Either way I just want to see Fury back in the ring and active again

AJ/Fury is a fight that should get made irrespective of promoters. The issue is it wont be this year or even early 2019 which means Fury has to get fit, stay off the gear, get at least 2 wins under his belt and stay out of trouble for the best part of 18 months.

So instead of people asking if AJ/Wilder is ever going to be made a better thread would be "is AJ/Fury ever going to be made given Fury's abysmal track record".

"Sign with me and I can ffer you Dilian Whyte and Tony Bellew" - drugs cheat aside, the man is the lineal heavyweight champion of the world and should be treated as such. Thankfully I think Joshua wil be very keen to fight him.

--- BBbc and illicit drug testing cartels aside, rumors have been floating about Tyson in training and dropping weight.

He won't ever be svelte again, but in this time he's been putting the final touches on his maturing body. I doubt we ever see him below 280 again, but he'll look more solid at 280-290 than he used to look at 270.