Tony Yoka banned

robprosser

Re: Tony Yoka banned

Eric Armit sent me this and I'm guessing he sent it to Boxing News as well.

TEAM INFO - According to our information, the French Tony Yoka, Olympic heavyweight champion, has been suspended for one year suspended by the French Boxing Federation for "failures" (a priori location defects) in anti-doping regulations.

According to our information, the heavyweight Tony Yoka has been suspended for one year suspended by the anti-doping commission of the French Boxing Federation for a "breach" of the regulations. The Olympic champion has committed three "failures" (a priori location defects) that constitute an "offense", as provided in the texts. André Martin, the president of the French Boxing Federation, acknowledges the existence of this case: "The AFLD asked the Federation because Yoka (who must fight on April 7 against his compatriot Cyril Leonet) has forgotten to surrender to an anti-doping meeting, he confirms. He had to take sanctions against him. This is the anti-doping commission, meeting December 12, 2017 (four days before his last fight won against the Belgian Ali Baghouz), who stuck her a year suspended. He is not doped, nothing at all. It's just that he forgot to go to the appointments checks he had. We depend on the AFLD, who studies the files. They insisted on us, because Tony Yoka, whenever he was summoned, he never came. Then, after three shortcomings, the AFLD asks us to pass it in anti-doping discipline commission. It was his lawyers who came and he had a year suspended. They explained that he was not there. It's not dramatic in itself. " because Tony Yoka, whenever he was summoned, he never came. Then, after three shortcomings, the AFLD asks us to pass it in anti-doping discipline commission. It was his lawyers who came and he had a year suspended. They explained that he was not there. It's not dramatic in itself. " because Tony Yoka, whenever he was summoned, he never came. Then, after three shortcomings, the AFLD asks us to pass it in anti-doping discipline commission. It was his lawyers who came and he had a year suspended. They explained that he was not there. It's not dramatic in itself. "

He risks a more severe penalty

But the case is probably not over, because the AFLD can take a more severe sanction for such a case. "At a minimum, the AFLD claims two years," says André Martin. It has only been a year because we believe that it is not a control, but a breach of its obligations. There is nothing extraordinary about it. The AFLD has seized the file and reserves the right to decide, in a few months, that the sanction of one year with suspended sentence does not satisfy it and that it must be put two years.

Eric Armit sent me this and I'm guessing he sent it to Boxing News as well.

TEAM INFO - According to our information, the French Tony Yoka, Olympic heavyweight champion, has been suspended for one year suspended by the French Boxing Federation for "failures" (a priori location defects) in anti-doping regulations.

According to our information, the heavyweight Tony Yoka has been suspended for one year suspended by the anti-doping commission of the French Boxing Federation for a "breach" of the regulations. The Olympic champion has committed three "failures" (a priori location defects) that constitute an "offense", as provided in the texts. André Martin, the president of the French Boxing Federation, acknowledges the existence of this case: "The AFLD asked the Federation because Yoka (who must fight on April 7 against his compatriot Cyril Leonet) has forgotten to surrender to an anti-doping meeting, he confirms. He had to take sanctions against him. This is the anti-doping commission, meeting December 12, 2017 (four days before his last fight won against the Belgian Ali Baghouz), who stuck her a year suspended. He is not doped, nothing at all. It's just that he forgot to go to the appointments checks he had. We depend on the AFLD, who studies the files. They insisted on us, because Tony Yoka, whenever he was summoned, he never came. Then, after three shortcomings, the AFLD asks us to pass it in anti-doping discipline commission. It was his lawyers who came and he had a year suspended. They explained that he was not there. It's not dramatic in itself. " because Tony Yoka, whenever he was summoned, he never came. Then, after three shortcomings, the AFLD asks us to pass it in anti-doping discipline commission. It was his lawyers who came and he had a year suspended. They explained that he was not there. It's not dramatic in itself. " because Tony Yoka, whenever he was summoned, he never came. Then, after three shortcomings, the AFLD asks us to pass it in anti-doping discipline commission. It was his lawyers who came and he had a year suspended. They explained that he was not there. It's not dramatic in itself. "

He risks a more severe penalty

But the case is probably not over, because the AFLD can take a more severe sanction for such a case. "At a minimum, the AFLD claims two years," says André Martin. It has only been a year because we believe that it is not a control, but a breach of its obligations. There is nothing extraordinary about it. The AFLD has seized the file and reserves the right to decide, in a few months, that the sanction of one year with suspended sentence does not satisfy it and that it must be put two years.

"Forgot" to go for testing 3 times in a row. Utter horseshit. What the hell's a suspended ban mean to anyone? Carry on cheating everyone!!!!

Its no worse than the Rio Ferdinand case. And certainly much less worse than the Tyson Fury fiasco. Yes, without more funding for anti-doping its a cheater's charter. Carry on cheating - use your excuses - and push the TUE to absolute breaking points of fairness.

Carry on cheating - use your excuses - and push the TUE to absolute breaking points of fairness.

This should be the strapline for every professional sport to be honest Sel! :haha:

I remember being a wee youngster in school, and I was always decent at most sports, and at very early ages, better than my peers.

I used to like testing myself and the victory was sweet when I won things, but then when kids start discovering cheating it got annoying, and I used to think WHY bother if you aint gonna stick to the rules.

It's VERY naive to think all true professional sports people legitimately want to just try and be the best amongst their peers without any PED help, or cheating (see the proliferation of diving in football), especially given the monetary rewards on offer when you reach the pinnacle of your sport, unfortunately :rant:

First reports I saw were for a 'suspended' 1 year ban, and then further reports of a straight 1 year ban subject to appeal. As others have said, the former seems pretty toothless and is, in effect, a stern warning. The latter, however, is a real setback for him, especially at this stage in his career. Is there a definitive statement on which it is?

--- There can be no definitive statement as long as illicit drug testing cartels cloud their shady business in smoke and mirrors.

I certainly wouldn't want a bunch of lowbrowed sychophants for these cartels showing up at my door step demanding blood that has traditionally been seen as sacred in most every culture ever existent on this earth.

• 4 weeks later...

That one-year suspension flew by.

Tony Yoka (3-0) is fighting this saturday at Dome de Paris-Palais des Sports, Paris XV. His opponent is veteran Cyril Leonet 13-9, 4 KOs. The 34-year-old has won 7 of his last 9, though lost his French Heavyweight title 2 fights ago.

Probably nothing official was really made about this "suspension". Leonet is a tough journeyman. His record doesn't look bad compared to Jonathan Rice who looked decent against Yoka. It may be more interesting than expected.

yoka beat leonet in the fifth round.

Time for him to start stepping up a little bit. Give him someone who can offer just a little bit resistance like

a Cornish or rossy.

Or a bit steeper against Rudenko. That guy will give you valuable rounds.

• 2 months later...

Reports are that Yoka has indeed now been suspended for a year.

Tony Yoka Banned For 1-Year Over Tests, But Can Box Overseas - Boxing News

As with many federation bans, this seems to only preclude him from boxing under the national federation regulation. Interesting that Yoka is quoted as suggesting that he's not interested in boxing overseas during his ban. I wonder whether, ultimately, he might rethink that stance.

David allen was a decent win at this stage but I guess he will sit. It was the agency is his own country I believe. He is already a good draw in Paris. I don't see him fighting overseas as he doesn't want to ruffle any feathers in France with their commission. That is where he can milk it. I read today his purses are already like 250000 Euro plus he probably has some sort of tv deal too.