Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Where next for George Groves and Chris Eubank Jnr? [spoilers]

  1. #1

    Where next for George Groves and Chris Eubank Jnr? [spoilers]

    The dust is settling on a fight that truth be told did not quite ignite the way people hoped it would. Those banking on an all-out war were disappointed as George Groves and Shane McGuigan came up with the perfect game plan which showed who really was the world class fighter as he used his jab to pretty much school the chiselled but very much lesser opponent.

    Page not found - - Boxing News - Ring News24

  2. #2

    Re: Where next for George Groves and Chris Eubank Jnr? [spoilers]

    George Groves v Chris Eubank Jr: What The Fight Means For Both Boxers

    George Groves won the WBA and IBO super-middleweight titles in an action packed domestic bout in the semi final of the World Boxing Super Series tournament.

    George Groves v Chris Eubank Jr: What The Fight Means For Both Boxers - Boxing News - Ring News24
     

  3. #3

    Re: Where next for George Groves and Chris Eubank Jnr? [spoilers]

    Groves needs to start shopping for Fathers Day cards, since Callum Smith will soon be his Daddy.

    - Smith won't be stymied by all that back-foot defense Groves used to frustrate Jr.
    Plus, Smith has a 78" reach ! (Groves has only 72" & Jr has 72.5" ) That's one heck'uvan edge.

    ------------------------

    Jr simply needs to find a new trainer.

    He's done great up to now, fantastic improvements in many ways, but his offense is far too 1-dimensional. Much like Joseph Parker, the guy has no plan B, no ability to adapt in the ring. Even though I STRONGLY think Jr beat Groves, it certainly wasn't an impressive fight for him. Very few really clean blows landed, and terrible ring generalship.
     

  4. #4

    Re: Where next for George Groves and Chris Eubank Jnr? [spoilers]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cableaddict View Post
    Jr simply needs to find a trainer.
    Fixed that for you, since he doesn't have one.
     

  5. #5

    Re: Where next for George Groves and Chris Eubank Jnr? [spoilers]

    Quote Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
    Fixed that for you, since he doesn't have one.

    i assume you're just making a joke. But for the record:

    Who is Chris Eubank Jr's trainer? - Boxing News




    I think Davies has done a remarkable job with Jr, actually. But they seem to have hit a brick wall.

    they knew exactly what to expect from Groves, yet Jr swung for the fences, instead of trying to maneuver & box Groves. After the first few rounds, it was obvious this wasn't working to everybody, even the teenage girls working the concession stands.

    But round 12 looked exactly like round 1, except for a higher output of punches.
    Last edited by Cableaddict; 02-19-2018 at 04:03 AM.
     

  6. #6

    Re: Where next for George Groves and Chris Eubank Jnr? [spoilers]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cableaddict View Post
    i assume you're just making a joke. But for the record:

    Who is Chris Eubank Jr's trainer? - Boxing News
    Not a joke, more of an indictment - it's been reported that Junior himself is in charge, similar to Naz in his later years, and certainly between rounds there seemed to be nothing useful from the corner. Eubank says the cut affected his vision, but he never acted like it in the ring.

    He has improved since the Saunders fight, but he's nothing like a world-class fighter based on what we've seen so far. And I don't even rate Groves that highly. Kudos to the Eubanks for being largely honest and classy in defeat.

    they knew exactly what to expect from Groves, yet Jr swung for the fences, instead of trying to maneuver & box Groves. After the first few rounds, it was obvious this wasn't working to everybody, even the teenage girls working the concession stands.
    So your opinions are:

    It was a robbery
    Eubank was landing with loads of his haymakers and Groves was doing nothing
    It was a close fight but the cards were way off, and so were the stats and the commentary
    Eubank had the wrong plan and it was obvious to everyone it wasn't working
    You scored the rounds for him...so it was working after all?

    If it wasn't working, what were you scoring?
    Last edited by gavpowell; 02-19-2018 at 12:09 PM.
     

  7. #7

    Re: Where next for George Groves and Chris Eubank Jnr? [spoilers]

    Quote Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
    Not a joke, more of an indictment - it's been reported that Junior himself is in charge, similar to Naz in his later years, and certainly between rounds there seemed to be nothing useful from the corner. Eubank says the cut affected his vision, but he never acted like it in the ring.

    He has improved since the Saunders fight, but he's nothing like a world-class fighter based on what we've seen so far. And I don't even rate Groves that highly. Kudos to the Eubanks for being largely honest and classy in defeat.



    So your opinions are:

    It was a robbery
    Eubank was landing with loads of his haymakers and Groves was doing nothing
    It was a close fight but the cards were way off, and so were the stats and the commentary
    Eubank had the wrong plan and it was obvious to everyone it wasn't working
    You scored the rounds for him...so it was working after all?

    If it wasn't working, what were you scoring?
    Live footage of Cableaddict....

     

  8. #8

    Re: Where next for George Groves and Chris Eubank Jnr? [spoilers]

    Quote Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post


    So your opinions are:

    It was a robbery
    Eubank was landing with loads of his haymakers and Groves was doing nothing
    It was a close fight but the cards were way off, and so were the stats and the commentary
    Eubank had the wrong plan and it was obvious to everyone it wasn't working
    You scored the rounds for him...so it was working after all?

    If it wasn't working, what were you scoring?


    I was scoring the fact that Groves landed even less than Eubank. Whis is a fact.

    (No shovel needed.)

    Everyone seems hung up on the fact that Groves shut Eubank down. Yeah, well, great. But Groves didn't do squat, himself. How does that win rounds?

    Jr said himself, at the end of the fight: "I thought I did enough in the second half to win the fight."

    And he was correct.
     

  9. #9

    Re: Where next for George Groves and Chris Eubank Jnr? [spoilers]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cableaddict View Post
    I was scoring the fact that Groves landed even less than Eubank. Whis is a fact.

    (No shovel needed.)

    Everyone seems hung up on the fact that Groves shut Eubank down. Yeah, well, great. But Groves didn't do squat, himself. How does that win rounds?

    Jr said himself, at the end of the fight: "I thought I did enough in the second half to win the fight."

    And he was correct.
    honestly cable, what drugs you taking brother, i need some of that shit
     

  10. #10

    Re: Where next for George Groves and Chris Eubank Jnr? [spoilers]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cableaddict View Post
    I was scoring the fact that Groves landed even less than Eubank. Whis is a fact.

    (No shovel needed.)

    Everyone seems hung up on the fact that Groves shut Eubank down. Yeah, well, great. But Groves didn't do squat, himself. How does that win rounds?
    Nothing except repeatedly land his jab,

    Chris Eubank thought he just about nicked it.

    Chris Eubank's "trainer" thought he lost it.

    Chris Eubank Sr thought he lost it.

    Virtually everyone who watched it thought he lost it by swinging and missing instead of boxing. This doesn't mean we're all right and you're wrong of course, but when you can't even agree with yourself on what happened, it's a pretty poor show.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Eubank vs Groves - Who wins? [SPOILERS]
    By the_budweiser in forum World Boxing Forum
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 02-23-2018, 08:12 PM
  2. Chris Eubank Jr vs George Groves - Who is the stronger puncher?
    By the_budweiser in forum World Boxing Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-17-2018, 09:51 PM
  3. Will Chris Eubank Jr ditch his dad if he loses to George Groves?
    By the_budweiser in forum World Boxing Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-17-2018, 06:44 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-28-2017, 07:59 PM
  5. Chris Eubank jr result (Spoilers)
    By the_budweiser in forum World Boxing Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-24-2012, 05:52 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Welcome

Welcome to the KO Boxing Forum, an online boxing community where you can discuss upcoming fights, results, boxing history and the latest boxing news from around the world.

If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to contact us!

Connect with us

Register an account at the KO Boxing Forum.