Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Where next for George Groves and Chris Eubank Jnr? [spoilers]

Re: Where next for George Groves and Chris Eubank Jnr? [spoilers]

--- Middle is Jrs natural division, but Golovkin, Canelo, and Jacobs would tear him a new one and likely Brooks would figure out how to outbox him.

He's not a natural fighter and not a good boxer, but he's physically built for the job, just not mentally equipped. Sr shortchanged the kid upstairs.
    "I knew that Clay would have to move backwards and fight. All I had to do is fight." ..................Joe Frazier after the first Ali fight.

I think he simply started to believe his dad's hype about him, and thought he'd be able to slug his way past Groves.

Combine that with a bad trainer, and... well there you go.

I think this will be a great learning experience for him, and he'll come back better than ever in his next fight. (still at 168.)

--- Sanders was a great learning experience for him and he didn't learn a thing.

Could drop him off at MIT or Oxford for a year, and same thing. Mental deficient is mentally deficient, but if he hangs around, could be he gets to make some more coin before quitting.
    "I knew that Clay would have to move backwards and fight. All I had to do is fight." ..................Joe Frazier after the first Ali fight.

Quote Originally Posted by LondonRingRules View Post
    --- Sanders was a great learning experience for him and he didn't learn a thing.
    Sure he did. His defense improved dramatically since then, and he learned to select his punches better, and really sit down on them.

Sadly, two factors failed him against Groves: (Even though Groves barely landing shit himself)
    His ego, clearly believing he could just steamroll through Groves, and bad preparation, i.e. having no alternative offensive plan.

I blame the first on his Dad, and the second on his trainer. Jr actually deems to be humble & level-headed, when interviewed alone. He also seems quite intelligent & well spoken.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3