Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Where next for George Groves and Chris Eubank Jnr? [spoilers]

Re: Where next for George Groves and Chris Eubank Jnr? [spoilers]

Quote Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post

Chris Eubank Sr thought he lost it.
    I was really surprised at those comments especially after saying his son was better than Floyd Mayweather in the past and issuing other crazy statements.

I didn't think he would see past his tinted perception of his son.

Was refreshing and good to hear his comments for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by the_budweiser View Post
    I was really surprised at those comments especially after saying his son was better than Floyd Mayweather in the past and issuing other crazy statements.

I didn't think he would see past his tinted perception of his son.

Was refreshing and good to hear his comments for a change.

Just trying to build Jnr up, and it worked to a certain extent. Snr knew he wasn't as good as he was made out to be. That being said, Jnr has the potential (with the right trainer) to become a good boxer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear Hugger View Post
    Just trying to build Jnr up, and it worked to a certain extent. Snr knew he wasn't as good as he was made out to be. That being said, Jnr has the potential (with the right trainer) to become a good boxer.
    I still think he could of won the fight or at least had a better chance if he boxed on the back foot. It was evident to see fighting on the front foot wasn't working and was playing into Groves hands.

Maybe another coach would of came up with a better fight plan before or made changes during the fight.

I'm waiting eagerly to see if he makes any changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Layton View Post
    honestly cable, what drugs you taking brother, i need some of that shit

I'm taking drugs that affect my ears, so that I can't hear massively-biased commentators that said nothing every time Eubank landed a nice flurry. - Which he actually did, quite a bit. They were just mostly partially blocked.

And Grove's jab wasn't landing very much, despite what those same idiots kept saying & what the OBSCENELY incorrect punch stats said.

I really don't care what the rest of the world thinks. I know what I saw.

An update on George Groves shoulder injury

The WBA super-middleweight champion was taken to Manchester Royal Infirmary hospital moments after his unanimous points win over Chris Eubank Jr.

The 29-year-old was practically fighting with just one arm for the last couple of minutes of the Ali Trophy semi-final at the Manchester Arena.

Page not found - - Boxing News - Ring News24

Quote Originally Posted by Cableaddict View Post
    I'm taking drugs that affect my ears, so that I can't hear massively-biased commentators that said nothing every time Eubank landed a nice flurry. - Which he actually did, quite a bit. They were just mostly partially blocked.

And Grove's jab wasn't landing very much, despite what those same idiots kept saying & what the OBSCENELY incorrect punch stats said.

What bias commentary was this?? Was it an American showing you watched or did you get the ITV PPV stream that the people in the UK would have had to buy??

If it was the ITV stream they have been invested in Eubank for a number of years now. He was THE fighter for whom they began to show fights again on their channels and also decided to start their own PPV events off of his success. So it would be crazy to suggest the commentary for this channel were bias AGAINST their flagship boxer.

Quote Originally Posted by Cableaddict View Post

for your information, i dont watch any fights at all with sound, havent since 2010 when they all got too much for me, i'm glad you say the rest of the world, even including Eubank jr's senile father called it the right decision, also looking at your posts on the subject its clear you are little unclear of what you saw. Gav has already pointed out this to you, if you need any more re-iteration on how your posts add up to complete and utter nonsense let me know and i'll give you a Gav no2 breakdown of your moronic opinions again

[QUOTE=Layton;293440]for your information, i dont watch any fights at all with sound, havent since 2010 when they all got too much for me, i'm glad you say the rest of the world, even including Eubank jr's senile father called it the right decision, also looking at your posts on the subject its clear you are little unclear of what you saw. Gav has already pointed out this to you, if you need any more re-iteration on how your posts add up to complete and utter nonsense let me know and i'll give you a Gav no2 breakdown of your moronic opinions again[/QUOTE]

Careful, now.

My opinion is clear, even if you don't agree with it. And nothing I said conflicts with itself.

Perhaps you should check your ego at the door. (Or I could show it to you. The door, that is. )

[QUOTE=Cableaddict;293441]
    Quote Originally Posted by Layton View Post
    for your information, i dont watch any fights at all with sound, havent since 2010 when they all got too much for me, i'm glad you say the rest of the world, even including Eubank jr's senile father called it the right decision, also looking at your posts on the subject its clear you are little unclear of what you saw. Gav has already pointed out this to you, if you need any more re-iteration on how your posts add up to complete and utter nonsense let me know and i'll give you a Gav no2 breakdown of your moronic opinions again[/QUOTE]

Careful, now.

My opinion is clear, even if you don't agree with it. And nothing I said conflicts with itself.

Perhaps you should check your ego at the door. (Or I could show it to you. The door, that is. )
    close fight and robbed says otherwise....

moronic

Anyone think Eubank heads back down the middleweight to campaign there?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast