Amir Imam fighting for a world title next month

BoztheMadman

Re: Amir Imam fighting for a world title next month

I honestly haven't been following him.

He didn't just lose to Granados, he looked positively CLUELESS in that fight. Totally one-dimensional, & no inside game at all.

Did he switch trainers since then? (He definitely needed to.)

How has he looked to you?

BTW - What do we know about Jose Carlos Ramirez?

He's fighting Imam for the WBC belt, and I've never even heard of the guy.

That probably says more about me than about him, but still .....

(It also says a lot about the WBC. I mean, WTF ? )

Imam fights Ramirez for the WBC Super Lightweight title on 17 March and Prograis fights Indongo for interim WBC Super Lightweight title one week earlier. WTF is WBC doing? They make two fights for the one vacant title? Looks like they really want to go the WBA way!

I honestly haven't been following him.

He didn't just lose to Granados, he looked positively CLUELESS in that fight. Totally one-dimensional, & no inside game at all.

Did he switch trainers since then? (He definitely needed to.)

How has he looked to you?

I don't know, he has looked good recently but as I said, 2 of the 3 guys he fought were garbage and the third used to be kinda good but since has lost several fights. Johnny Garcia. Btw, Imam is now a welterweight.

I don't know, he has looked good recently but as I said, 2 of the 3 guys he fought were garbage and the third used to be kinda good but since has lost several fights. Johnny Garcia.

Btw, Imam is now a welterweight.

Been WW for a few years now.

- But this fight with Ramirez is listed as being for the WBC's vacant 140 title, so I guess he's going back down.

- Or maybe it's a one-time thing, figuring it's an easy title-grab.

But Ramirez is a somewhat unknown, with a very decent KO ratio (against nobodies, and at 140)

Imam, who also has not much high-level experience, had better be taking this seriously.

Edited by Cableaddict

Been WW for a few years now.

- But this fight with Ramirez is listed as being for the WBC's vacant 140 title, so I guess he's going back down.

- Or maybe it's a one-time thing, figuring it's an easy title-grab.

But Ramirez is a somewhat unknown, with a very decent KO ratio (against nobodies, and at 140)

Imam, who also has not much high-level experience, had better be taking this seriously.

A few years? I think it's 2 years. ;-) He lost to Granados in late 2015 and returned as a ww in 2016.

A few years? I think it's 2 years. ;-) He lost to Granados in late 2015 and returned as a ww in 2016.

Over here in the formerly-civilized world (before Trump) "2" is considered a few. ;-)

I was too lazy to check Boxrec so I winged it.

Regardless, I wonder if Imam is planning to go back down for a while, or just grab the belt, then vcate?

Over here in the formerly-civilized world (before Trump) "2" is considered a few. ;-)

I was too lazy to check Boxrec so I winged it.

Regardless, I wonder if Imam is planning to go back down for a while, or just grab the belt, then vcate?

:mlol: Fair enuff, you are "excused". :lol: I don't know about his intentions, I was frankly a little surprised when I saw he had become a welter, to me he looked like a natural light welter...he isn't as "spunky" as Spence.