Is Leo Santa Cruz a man of his word or will he continue to avoid Carl Frampton?

The_budweiser

It’s hard to believe it’s been over a year since we saw Carl Frampton and Leo Santa Cruz inside of the same ring together. Facing off on Jan. 28, 2017, inside of the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nev., the two men waged a memorable rematch to their first fight (a bout won by Frampton in July 2016) yet this time around it was Santa Cruz edging things out after 12 rounds.

Page not found - - Boxing News - Ring News24

Re: Is Leo Santa Cruz a man of his word or will he continue to avoid Carl Frampton?

Frampton travelled to U.S.A to fight Cruz twice. So, it's only fair Cruz goes to Ireland in the trilogy, especially after saying he would.

I can't see Cruz keeping his promise and fighting Frampton away from home.

Looks like the fight might not happen until the end of 2018 as Frampton's next fight is a summer stadium fight probably against Quigg, Selby or Warrington.

Re: Is Leo Santa Cruz a man of his word or will he continue to avoid Carl Frampton?

Frampton travelled to U.S.A to fight Cruz twice. So, it's only fair Cruz goes to Ireland in the trilogy, especially after saying he would.

I can't see Cruz keeping his promise and fighting Frampton away from home.

Looks like the fight might not happen until the end of 2018 as Frampton's next fight is a summer stadium fight probably against Quigg, Selby or Warrington.

not like little Carl is a man of his word either Bud, shameless ducking of Rigo was very crude

--- Rigormortis priced himself out of every big fight he was offered to fight chumps for peanuts.

They finally cashed out his Olympic Gold baloney against Loma who is a genuine great in the making, not a moaner and whiner like Rigomortis. At any rate, Framps may well be undergoing his own death spiral and the Cruz fight won't matter so much. With boxing parsed up into so many warring promoters and orgs, it's inevitable that many of the best fights will never be made. Usually I don't place all the blame on the boxer, but in Rigo's case, he proved impossible to work with and dug his own grave to rest in...R.I.P.

I didn't like Santa Cruz excusing his loss on his father's condition. Kinda lame. And so he could say "this time my father was ok, that's why I won!". Fook off...it's not like you won clearly. It was close both times.

Unfortunately I think Carl's on the slide so he may well give him a rematch depending on how the Donaire fight goes. If Carl struggles then yes , if he wins easily then no. He won;t go to Ireland though.