Fury claims he is on job seekers allowance but looking for a £1m house

The_budweiser

'Skint' boxer Tyson Fury on the dole despite hunting for £1m Scottish pad

Boxer Tyson Fury says he has blown his fortune and is claiming benefits because he doesn’t think it’s right to profit from the sport.

The controversial fighter reportedly banked a £4million purse when he beat Wladimir Klitschko to be crowned world heavyweight champion in 2015.

The self-styled “Gypsy King” revelled in his reputation as the bad boy of the ring – once showing off a collection of luxury cars, including a Ferrari and Rolls-Royce.

A planned comeback fight against reigning champ Anthony Joshua later this year is expected to be a £100million money-spinner.

But 6ft 9in Fury – who will meet fans at an FSG and Goldstar Promotions “Evening with” night at Glasgow’s Radisson Blu Hotel on March 17 – has claimed he is broke and claiming dole money.

The 29-year-old said: “To be honest, I’m skint. I don’t have any money in the bank. I’m on the dole.

'Skint' boxer Tyson Fury on the dole despite hunting for PS1m Scottish pad - Daily Record

Re: Fury claims he is on job seekers allowance but looking for a £1m house

I find it hard to believe he has blown 4 million plus and on job seekers allowance. If he has then he's a even bigger fool than most people think he already is.

And there is no such thing as job seekers anymore it's universal credit.

He has got gipsy blood, historically, the Fury's are from the same breed as the Gormans - most notably Bartley, the bare knuckle champion, and his great-nephew Nathan Gorman (up n coming HW). But Tyson has never done a day's travelling in his life. He isn't skint either.

Tyson Fury has now claimed he gave fake news to Scottish reporters.

Anyone see this back firing as papers might stop writing about him if hes going to give them 'fake news'?

No chance, the papers love an easy story - Ronnie O'Sullivan has spent decades talking utter bollocks to anyone who will listen, and the press lap it up.