Jessie Hart - Moving to 175?

Cableaddict

I just watched the silly mismatch between Hart & Awinbono. (Might as well have been Sonny Bono.)

OK, nothing to see here, except that Hart, who is 6'3" with a 77.5" reach, weighed in at 173 lbs, and even in the ring he didn't look like there was much left to lose.

Hart always had crazy potential, and despite the loss to Ramirez (no shame there) he seems to be turning into a complete fighter. Much less sloppy than in the past, even when he unleashes those fast, aggressive flurries. His balance has improved as well, though he still sometimes hangs his chin. (To the delight of Ramirez.) Of course, he still hasn't faced many top-level opponents, but I like what I see.

He also has a LOT of power at 168, so it should easily translate to 175.

I'm thinking he may not be long for SMW, which would be very interesting, given the current situation at 175. Heck, he might even be better at 175, since it's clearly more of a natural weight for him.

Edited by Cableaddict

Re: Jessie Hart - Moving to 175?

I don't have high hopes for Jesse. Although a very entertaining fight, i lost confidence in him being a world champion when i saw him struggle against a former MMA fighter in Dashon Johnson. And 175 is stacked. He won't even get a whiff of a title shot.

175 is indeed stacked, esp with young, promising contenders.

- But Hart is really fast for his size, both hands and feet. That, plus him not having to drain so drastically would probably make him even better in that division.

The Johnson fight was ugly, but it doesn't bother me a bit. It was a great learning experience for Hart, who at that time was still fairly sloppy. Johnson was tough as hell, dirty as hell, and came to fight an ugly fight. Hart did pretty well to control him, it just wasn't pretty, and to Johnson's credit he legitimately won a few rounds. Also, Hart got stupid in the last round.

Johnson also went the distance against Quillin, and won about the same number of rounds as he did against Hart. He's just one of those fighters it's tough to look good against.

But again, a great learning experience. It was after that fight that Hart started to be more controlled & accurate, & started keeping his head back more.

I would LOVE to see him at 175.

--- Never seen him fight.

Thought he was just being promoted for being son of one of the great middleweight contenders of the 60s.

I highly recommend you check out some of his past fights, then. - Even his loss to Ramirez, a fight in which he showed huge guts coming back from a near KO, and winning most of the second half of the fight.

Hart is nothing if not exciting to watch.

• 2 weeks later...

Could we see Jesse Hart Fighting at 175 Pounds Soon?

There is still a lot to like about Jessie Hart.

Hart, a once-beaten super middleweight prospect from Philadelphia, was one of the top prospects being signed in 2012, when it was announced that his fights would be promoted via Top Rank. Upon hitting the scene, as Hart made his successful pro debut on the Manny Pacquiao vs. Tim Bradley undercard in June of 2012.

http://www.ringnews24.com/2018/02/22/see-jesse-hart-fighting-175-pounds-soon/#.Wo6k2XzLi7Q

Could we see Jesse Hart Fighting at 175 Pounds Soon?

There is still a lot to like about Jessie Hart.

Hart, a once-beaten super middleweight prospect from Philadelphia, was one of the top prospects being signed in 2012, when it was announced that his fights would be promoted via Top Rank. Upon hitting the scene, as Hart made his successful pro debut on the Manny Pacquiao vs. Tim Bradley undercard in June of 2012.

Page not found - - Boxing News - Ring News24

Well written.