BBBofC approve new boxing tournament

The_budweiser

A new sports entertainment organisation today descends on the United Kingdom. Born out of youth culture for a new era, and a new wave in British boxing.

Unique new fast paced format sanctioned by the British Boxing Board of Control Single elimination tournament events with eight fighters who compete for big cash prizes on one night

ULTIMATE BOXXER 1 will take place on Saturday 28th April in Manchester with 8 undefeated fighters

Page not found - - Boxing News - Ring News24

Re: BBBofC approve new boxing tournament

Oh God, they've taken a half-decent idea and tried to make it "cool"

What's the half decent idea?

This sounds like another Prize Fighter tournament, or am I missing something?

Yes deffo a prize fighter torno

Carl Greaves explains

In that case it isn't much to get excited about and certainly isn't a brand new or unique format.

Prizefighter started off well, with the heavyweights and it was just pretty average blokes brawling. Resembling shit MMA, bit more action than the usual hug fests heavyweight box was known for.

So it was a bit more exciting in that regard. But it quickly got a bit tired and it got ditched for a reason.

--- Loved prize fighter with the 3 round format that kept the fighters in constant rotation with each other.

Yeah, the suits milked it without any nuance to keep things off balance that was the whole appeal to begin with along with the stories. Made some poor boys a fair amount of change with some title shots to boot.

Well, it's certainly interesting, if nothing else. Let's wait & see how it's run. They've got Hatton, Malignaggi and Crolla involved, so that certainly gives some credibility.

Could be a good way for lower-tier fighters to get exposure.

Will this count on a fighter's official pro record? If so, I can't see any real downside, though I suspect we're going to see a lot of smoke, flashpots, crazy lighting & other nonsense.

As long as they don't have any rap artists perform in the ring, (like that bizarre shit Roc Nation briefly tried) I'm good.

What's the half decent idea?

This sounds like another Prize Fighter tournament, or am I missing something?

Using unbeaten up and coming fighters instead of journeymen and has-beens would be an improvement in my opinion. I still wouldn't watch it, but it'd be one up on Prizefighter.

Using unbeaten up and coming fighters instead of journeymen and has-beens would be an improvement in my opinion. I still wouldn't watch it, but it'd be one up on Prizefighter.

I'd watch it for sure. Kind of like an upscale "Friday Night Fights."

Edited by Cableaddict

I guess Prizefighter pitted some "up and coming" (aka. record of 2-0(1KO) :haha: ) with last chance saloon journeymen. Which itself wasn't too bad, as we saw some of those older lads beat the prospects when the going got tough.

But yeah if they are all young, unbeaten (or almost unbeaten) types then maybe that adds to it somewhat.

Will this count on a fighter's official pro record?

Yes, they will be licenced bouts approved by the BBBoC. As with the prizefighter tournaments these fights go on the records. For example have a look at our British hero Audley Harrison's record. On 2009-10-02 he has 3 boughts on there, the night he won Prizefighter :cool:

Yes, they will be licenced bouts approved by the BBBoC. As with the prizefighter tournaments these fights go on the records. For example have a look at our British hero Audley Harrison's record. On 2009-10-02 he has 3 boughts on there, the night he won Prizefighter :cool:

British HERO Fraudley :mlol:

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.worldboxingnews.net/images/Promoter-Body-LOGOS/ultimate-boxxer.png

ULTIMATE BOXXER, Britain’s first Boxing Entertainment brand, present in association with ambassadors and non-directors Ricky Hatton, Paulie Malignaggi, Anthony Crolla and BBC Radio 1Xtra DJ Charlie Sloth,
has been moved to Manchester Arena.

The elimination tournament format, approved by the British Boxing Board of Control, is a unique, fast-paced concept for professional boxing.

Each event has an initial eight fighters, who compete in four quarter-finals of 3 x 3-minute rounds followed by two semi-finals and one final, with the winner becoming tournament champion for their weight class.

As an independent sports entertainment organisation, the directors have created a transparent brand that focuses on providing an equal platform for fighters. BBBoC license-holders and promotors for

ULTIMATE BOXXER include Carl Greaves, Jalal Kamani, Executive Director, and, Benjamin Shalom, founder & Managing Director.

ULTIMATE BOXXER was founded to provide a transformed boxing experience through their online power & flexibility. The product is designed to suit all boxing fans as well as those hooked on entertainment, event and celebrity experiences to catapult boxing in the 21st century.

‘ULTIMATE BOXXER 1’ was originally set to take place on Saturday 28th April at EventCity in Manchester but has been switched to April 27 at the 20,000 capacity arena with 8 undefeated WELTERWEIGHT fighters from around the United Kingdom.

Edited by WSMFC64