Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fight fans turning into ticket resellers

Fight fans turning into ticket resellers

I think it's horrible to see fight fans turning into StubHub and ruin the sport with their own greed.

Fans who have signed up to Fight Pass through Matchroom boxing get access to x-amount of tickets before they go on sale to the general public.

All over Twitter and Facebook there's posts like "Face Value £40, Selling for £200 per ticket, 4 tickets available" for the upcoming Joshua-Parker fight.

We all slate StubHub and the price of there tickets but fans are now doing the exact same.

Rant Over, thoughts?

Re: Fight fans turning into ticket resellers

its been going on for years, there's an easy way for Matchroom to stop this, Iron Maiden done a ticketless entry, where you had to show id and/or the bank card you bought the ticket with, fact is Matchroom are greedy and wont rock the boat with stub hub as they are an affiliate.

Quote Originally Posted by the_budweiser View Post
    "Face Value £40, Selling for £200 per ticket, 4 tickets available"
    That's somewhat of a shoddy sales pitch!! They need to work on it. Make the deal seem good value rather than paying over the odds. Unless said person was merely gloating of their profits and business acumen?

Quote Originally Posted by Ton View Post
    That's somewhat of a shoddy sales pitch!! They need to work on it. Make the deal seem good value rather than paying over the odds. Unless said person was merely gloating of their profits and business acumen?

I don't think they care Ton as long as there making more money and worst thing is they know the tickets will sell.

Lad at work couldn't get hold of Joshua tickets, and that was within minutes of them going on sale to the public. It's the same with anything theses days. Look at the Nintendo NES and SNES Mini. There was limited stock to create artificial demand, scalpers bought up as many as they could get their hands on, then throw them straight on eBay for stupid money.

As already mentioned with Iron Maiden, Dave Gilmour (Pink Floyd) has a similar system in place. You have to have ID that matches up with the booked tickets, and the credit card that was used to purchase.

People are taking the piss doing this. Buying a load of tickets only to sell them at an inflated price. The Joshua vs Pulev fight had these amateur touts panicking when Pulev pulled out. Crowd was huge, so people willing to pay for the event. I had a press pass, so can't complain too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear Hugger View Post

As already mentioned with Iron Maiden, Dave Gilmour (Pink Floyd) has a similar system in place. You have to have ID that matches up with the booked tickets, and the credit card that was used to purchase.
    That's a great idea, though it must really slow things down at the gate.

- And what if a legitimate fan / ticket holder honestly leaves his ID at home, because someone else drove to the event? Are they seriously going to turn him away?

Quote Originally Posted by Cableaddict View Post
    That's a great idea, though it must really slow things down at the gate.

- And what if a legitimate fan / ticket holder honestly leaves his ID at home, because someone else drove to the event? Are they seriously going to turn him away?

I was considering the Gilmour gig in London, and the terms were quite blunt on the booking site, absolutely no admittance without the person who purchased the tickets, they must have ID and credit card used for purchase.

Not sure what the maximum tickets per person was, two or four. So if you wanted to get four tickets, then sell three, you'd have to accompany three complete strangers because I can't see anyone ripping their mates off...

Barry Hearn runs worldsnooker and has responded to similar criticisms in the past with

ďThe real problem is we sell our tickets too cheaply, but that is not what the average punter wants to know. I donít condone tickets on sale for £795, and I donít criticise it. If the market values the ticket at £400 or £795, the real idiots are us for selling them too cheaply."
    CRUCIBLE TICKETS - THE VIAGOGO ISSUE — Inside Snooker

ViaGogo are an official affiliate of Worldsnooker. This is a man who has no interest beyond his own pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
    Barry Hearn runs worldsnooker and has responded to similar criticisms in the past with

“The real problem is we sell our tickets too cheaply, but that is not what the average punter wants to know. I don’t condone tickets on sale for £795, and I don’t criticise it. If the market values the ticket at £400 or £795, the real idiots are us for selling them too cheaply."
    CRUCIBLE TICKETS - THE VIAGOGO ISSUE — Inside Snooker

He sort of has a point.

-----------------------------------

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast