Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fight fans turning into ticket resellers

Re: Fight fans turning into ticket resellers

Another moan about tickets:

Just bought boxing tickets for The Hydro to watch Josh Taylor vs Humberto Soto, Jason Easton vs Glenn Foot, Chantelle Cameron, Martin Bakole Ilunga, Lee McGregor, Charlie Flynn, Joe Ham and Iain Trotter.

My birthdays in March, so treated myself. Looking forward to it but disappointing they don't do kids tickets and you have to pay full price for a child to attend - 45.50 and the 5.50 is a booking fee.

On a good note I got a free ticket so in the end it cost me 45.50 x 2 for myself, wife and son to attend.

Quote Originally Posted by Cableaddict View Post
    He sort of has a point.

-----------------------------------
    He doesn't really though - there will always be lunatics who will pay any price but they're the exception, not the rule. The prices are fine in my opinion and maybe they could raise them a little for snooker, but certainly boxing is too rich for my blood because there simply isn't enough on the average card to justify 100 quid plus for a decent seat. He's welcome to try trebling his prices, but he may find Matchroom events see dramatic falls at the gate.

Quote Originally Posted by the_budweiser View Post
    I don't think they care Ton as long as there making more money and worst thing is they know the tickets will sell.
    My post was said firmly tongue in cheek, Bud.

Ticket touts have unfortunately been around for as long as showbusiness has existed. Where there's money to be made there are schemers and cheaters unfortunately. Supply and demand dictates that these people can thrive.

It's to be applauded that some things are trying to be done about it such as seeing ID and the card the tickets were purchased on but that itself has repercussions and logistical issues.

On another note ticketing companies are almost as guilty in the robbing stakes with the ridiculous made up fee's they add on,

Processing fee, administration fee, credit card fee, transaction fee, delivery cost et al, they find all manner of ways to justify an extra cost.

5.99 admin fee, which I assume means the person at the company may press a button which issues the ticket to be sent out.

Card fees has always pissed me off, and I believe they got banned from use, but they just come up with another administritive type fee in place of them. Daylight fucking robbery.

I think it's horrible to see fight fans turning into StubHub and ruin the sport with their own greed.

We all slate StubHub and the price of there tickets but fans are now doing the exact same.
    Just gonna leave this here now you've started taking money from Viagogo through affiliate links.

Quote Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
    Just gonna leave this here now you've started taking money from Viagogo through affiliate links.
    To be honest Gav, I'd rather have no ads on the site. But, to keep the site going we need revenue from donations, affiliates, banners, ads, etc... - anything to help keep the sites going.

And with the news that both sites have grown and soon will need there own independent servers we need all the revenue we can get. Were all ready at 633 a year and the ads don't come close unfortunately, who knows what the new yearly cost will be? And that's not including any work or repairs that need done on the sites. So any revenue from affiliates helps although I don't agree with the ticket sellers we can't be picky.

I actually forgot the site even had stubhub and viagogo links on it until I saw the other day we sold 4 tickets with someone clicking through an affiliate link.

In a recent interview Frank Warren said that government legislation would be kicking in soon. The names of the sellers and how many tickets they have, will have to be shown on sites like Stubhub.

Quote Originally Posted by WelshDevilRob View Post
    In a recent interview Frank Warren said that government legislation would be kicking in soon. The names of the sellers and how many tickets they have, will have to be shown on sites like Stubhub.
    I read in November that they were being investigated for ticket touting - StubHub and Viagogo offices raided in ticket touting investigation | Business | The Guardian

To be honest Gav, I'd rather have no ads on the site. But, to keep the site going we need revenue from donations, affiliates, banners, ads, etc... - anything to help keep the sites going.

I actually forgot the site even had stubhub and viagogo links on it until I saw the other day we sold 4 tickets with someone clicking through an affiliate link.
    I have every sympathy and no issue with standard advertising, but you cannot express your disappointment at sites ripping off fans and letting "fans" rip off each other and then take a cut of the proceeds. Affiliate links are a great idea, but not ticket touts who are a plague upon the Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by WelshDevilRob View Post
    Yeah, but successive governments express concern, investigate and then say "No, there's no reason to change the law" - naming and shaming someone doesn't work if they don't feel any shame, and a lot don't.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast