Is Tony Bellew vs David Haye II PPV worthy?

The_budweiser

The stage is set on the 5th May for another PPV battle between Tony Bellew and David Haye although it feels a bit as if it’s the fans that have the hardest battle for this one. Do they pay for it, what will they get for their money and ultimately do they believe it will actually go ahead!

Page not found - - Boxing News - Ring News24

Re: Is Tony Bellew vs David Haye II PPV worthy?

The first one wasn't PPV worthy and the second one shouldn't be either. Haye is trading on past glories, he isn't PPV material now. This fight should be the undercard on a Joshua fight, and then free to air before they encrypt the main bout.

I think the show will be a flop can't see people actually buying this. I think its more of a casual fans fight. Bellew already beat him, he should of moved on with his career and looked for bigger pay days. Defeat to Haye this time around is going to set him back.

I'm very angry about what Bellew is doing. 2016 was the best year of his career and now he appears as having no interest in the pursuit of any real challenge. Yes, he gets the money he always wanted, but it's sad to see him turning to a "freak-fight" boxer. I don't think anyone sees him or Haye as looking for a challenge in the heavyweights.

Is it PPV worthy? PPV is all about creating easy money and I think they know that it's going to sell. Level of the competition doesn't matter.

I'm not sure it will sell all that well. The last fight had all the silly build up (which this one might as the fight nears) which sold it for the "lads" who'd pay to see someone get beat up with a few beers and a pizza. But I'm not sure they'd go for it again quite so eagerly.

I've lost all interest in anything to do with David Haye, and Bellew is a gobshite I can't really stomach for any length of time. So I will most likely swerve this fight, and catch some highlights if there's anything interesting that happens.

In the grand scheme of things, in terms of boxing and the heavyweight division its a nothing fight. Purely a bit of a payday for each, and will allow one of them to have at least 1 more fight.

• 2 weeks later...

Bellew has decided against fighting for the HW title, and is now going to clean up at CW...

Tony Bellew talks David Haye, Oleksandr Usyk and drug cheats with 5 live boxing - BBC Sport

We can be highly critical when boxers talk themselves up as something that they are not and overhyping their chances to win a fight, or go far in a division. So I suppose we should give him credit that he knows he's out of his depth at heavyweight and doesn't just talk rubbish about it.

--- Well, goes without saying he's way out of depth in the current cruiser division, but full credit for further exposing the pinky toe, or is that pinky knee of Mr. Pink.

BTW, did fightscore ever score Takam/Josh? I went to log in and request a new password. FS provided a link but wouldn't accept my new password and my google mail says the link can't be verified as a reliable email address. So, what next?