As per my recent post on current HW contenders:

Uzuagbe Ugonoh

Oscar Rivas

Otto Wallen

And if they haven’t permanently retired:

Andy Ruiz

Andre Wawrzyk

-------------------------------------

- But don't expect AJ to get into the ring with any of these guys, any time soon. He's the most protected fighter in recent memory.

- and the "official" top-15 lists are chock full of nice, safe, no-hopers.

Easy milk from the cash cow.

Re: A look at fighters who may have the power to KO Anthonuy Joshua

Uzuagbe Ugonoh

Oscar Rivas

Otto Wallen

Andy Ruiz

Andre Wawrzyk

- But don't expect AJ to get into the ring with any of these guys, any time soon. He's the most protected fighter in recent memory.

Most protected? He's only had 20 fights. None of those guys that you've listed are realistic challengers in the near future.

Izuagbe Ugonoh - Hasn't fought since getting KO'd by Dominic Breazeale. Breazeale has been dealt with by Joshua.

Oscar Rivas - last opponent was 8-3. Is an exciting talent but after 22 fights has fought no one. And you say Joshua, with less fights, is protected?

Otto Wallen - Best win is going ten rounds with Raphael Zumbano Love. When is Otto gonna step up above journeyman level? He's already had 18 fights.

Andy Ruiz Jr - Not fought since losing to Joshua's next opponent - Joseph Parker.

Andre Wawrzyk - Since getting destroyed in three by Povetkin - Andy has fought Danny Williams, Frans Botha and Albert Sosnowski. This guy must think he's from a decade before lol.

Uzuagbe Ugonoh

Oscar Rivas

Otto Wallen

Andy Ruiz

Andre Wawrzyk

A curious madness overtakes you when discussing Joshua (and Daniel Dubois as well recently)

I say Parker can do it. Let's not forget the last three guys he fought were the very very good Andy Ruiz jr, the gigantic Razvan Cojanu and also rather gigantic and dirty Hughie Fury. Even Joshua I think would have struggled to knock all of them out. But Parker doesn't have Joshua's height, he doesn't have that big advantage. But he certainly has the power and the ability to knock out Joshua-IF he fights well enough.

The question was not "who can beat Joshua."

I answered the question Bud actually asked.

Not madness.

Well, not any more than usual. :whistle:

I was taking issue with the "protected" assertion being that Whyte, Breazeale, Klitschko and Takam are better than any of the bunch you listed. Fat Andy is the best of the bunch and he's a fairly light hitting boxer who's never beaten a contender.

Ruiz hits a LOT harder than his record might indicate.

& Whyte doesn't hit hard at all (He's an accumulation puncher)

Edited by Cableaddict

I was taking issue with the "protected" assertion being that Whyte, Breazeale, Klitschko and Takam are better than any of the bunch you listed. Fat Andy is the best of the bunch and he's a fairly light hitting boxer who's never beaten a contender.

Ruiz hits a LOT harder than his record might indicate.

)

There's literally nothing to support this. His quality of opposition has been average. If he was a big puncher he'd have finished most of them inside the distance.

--- Let's start with who Josh is facing, ie, Parker.

Yeah, Parker don't float all the petticoats, but he's big, strong, good talent and discipline with some power that will be magnified by any Josh aggressiveness.

I predict a slow start before the fireworks as Josh can be just as cautious.

--- Let's start with who Josh is facing, ie, Parker.

Yeah, Parker don't float all the petticoats, but he's big, strong, good talent and discipline with some power that will be magnified by any Josh aggressiveness.

I predict a slow start before the fireworks as Josh can be just as cautious.

Overall I think Parker's a better fighter than Wilder but lacks his one punch power threat. It depends how Joshua approaches. If he jabs and keeps his distance he'll win easily. That's not really his style though so while the first couple of rounds will probably go like that eventually it'll be a tear up. It'll be fun whoever wins. A lot depends how good Parker's chin is as he never been in with a big puncher.