Joshua v Parker Fight Announced

Bear Hugger

Britain's Anthony Joshua will meet Joseph Parker in a world heavyweight unification fight in Cardiff in March.

Joshua, 28, holds the IBF and WBA belts, while New Zealander Parker is the WBO champion.

Cardiff's Principality stadium - where Joshua successfully defended his titles against Carlos Takam in October - will host the bout.

Full article:

Anthony Joshua v Joseph Parker fight announced for Cardiff in March - BBC Sport

Re: Joshua v Parker Fight Announced

--- Win, lose or draw, gonna be a beautiful spring for the heavyweight division.

True dat.

What we really need is to get rid of all the old, dead weight in the division, and make room for the most promising young guns to step up fast. There are currently only 3-4 really serious guys in the top fifteen. (I would have included Fat Andy, but evidently he retired after getting robbed against Parker.)

Also, what we really need is for Parker & Ungonoh to both find a real trainer.

And for Dinu to find serious management.

And for Al Haymon to get hit by a bus.

Edited by Cableaddict

Parker looks like someone who has found his level. No improvement since he stepped up from facing punching bags, and looked clueless against Fury. He'd better have more of a plan than just banking on Joshua's chin.

I see Joshua busting him up the same sort of way he did Breazeale.

Parker hasn't got an ounce of inventiveness or guile. Its an early night for all at Cardiff. Hearn had best have a couple of floating fights on standby.

That said, AJ deffo has stamina issues circa R6 along with a vulnerable jaw around mid-fight too. And this is what Parker's team should be focusing on.

Parker looks like someone who has found his level. No improvement since he stepped up from facing punching bags, and looked clueless against Fury. He'd better have more of a plan than just banking on Joshua's chin.

I see Joshua busting him up the same sort of way he did Breazeale.

Ugonoh is the same. A brilliant physical specimen, who is as one-dimensional as it gets in the ring, despite his incredible speed and power.

This is why I keep saying, these guys need to get away from trainer Kevin Barry. The guy is apparently clueless.

Parker's team seem to be making noise that he's gonna move more and box. Good Luck with that. I like Parker but his trainer ain't good. He's still young but not improved. He doesn't know how to cut-off a ring and his defense is poor. He's tough but no one can just keep taking shots from Joshua.

Great it's in my hometown of Cardiff again. Hopefully, get more Welsh fighters on the card.

JOSEPH PARKER incredibly labelled Anthony Joshua "the steroid king" - before admitting he had gone "too far" with his recent comments.

Joseph Parker claims that Anthony Joshua '''could take performance enhancing drugs''' as bad blood continues... then instantly regrets his comments

His team have negotiated very hard to get him a huge split of the prize pie. Be a shame to lose a lot of it through court :)

--- Parker wouldn't be the first to level accusations against Parker and won't be the last.

Not his style, so apparently when fighting in UK he will do what UK fighters do best, and that's run their yappers...

Kind of like Tyson Fury hitting himself in the face. :haha:

Joshua v Parker: David Price wants Alexander Povetkin bout on undercard

Joshua v Parker: David Price wants Alexander Povetkin bout on undercard - BBC Sport

Poor Price is going to hit the canvas again. Feel sorry for him he showed a lot of ability earlier on but has turned into a disappointment.

Poor Price is going to hit the canvas again. Feel sorry for him he showed a lot of ability earlier on but has turned into a disappointment.

I dunno.

"Clean" Sasha has looked so dreadful lately, even Price might be able to beat him.

This damned PED's testing is ruining our sport ! :rant: