Can anyone survive 12 rounds with Anthony Joshua?

The_budweiser

Blowing away opponents has become somewhat of a forte for Anthony Joshua. 20 opponents have tried and 20 have failed to hear the final bell, although most recently Wladimir Klitschko lost after a humdinger of a battle and Carlos Takam was unlucky to be stopped under the circumstances. Fight fans are now asking the question, can anyone last the distance with the heavy-handed London puncher?

Page not found - - Boxing News - Ring News24

Re: Can anyone survive 12 rounds with Anthony Joshua?

Blowing away opponents has become somewhat of a forte for Anthony Joshua. 20 opponents have tried and 20 have failed to hear the final bell, although most recently Wladimir Klitschko lost after a humdinger of a battle and Carlos Takam was unlucky to be stopped under the circumstances. Fight fans are now asking the question, can anyone last the distance with the heavy-handed London puncher?

Page not found - - Boxing News - Ring News24

Actually, only 3 opponents have tried. The rest just stood in the ring, cowering, waiting to be punched in the face.

True story.

In a word, no. Someone might land a significant shot and ko him at some stage, but if that doesn't happen he will likely end it before that final bell I believe.

Takam was close until the ref wrongly stepped in. Unless Joshua fails to lose the weight which has been affecting his stamina then struggling to pick somebody.

Parker I think Joshua knocks out.

Wilder I think the fight ends with one of them on the canvas.

Someone like Chisora might only if he comes in 100% but even then I'm struggling to see it.

Why is anyone still high on Parker? Have you seen his last few fights? You could make a very strong argument that he lost 2 of them and Takam took him to the wire. The only one he won clearly was against his sparring partner and he looked awful then. Despite physique his power is average, he's not quick and has decent boxing skills. He's never been in with a big hitter so we've no idea what kind of chin he's got.

--- Well, you ain't seen Takam take Josh to the wire the last fight?

I like Parker, but I like Josh over Parker, but at the point of Parker/Takam, Parker was taking on tougher fights than Josh, and no, don't see Parker losing any fights yet, but of course as long as boxing uses huggy bear refs and three blind mice judges and archaic 10 point must rule adapted for wagering fraud that is where boxing makes it's most money, the dark money kind.