Interesting article on Journey men boxers.

repsac

Saw this posted on twitter earlier. Very interesting article about Lolenga Mock, and a list of other journey men in the sport. If anyone has a link to Mock vs Chudinov i's appreciate it. :)

Would else would you add to the list?

Off the top of my head, i got Robinson Castellanos. Started his career at 3-7 including being stopped 4 times. Was 21-11 when he fought undefeated Golden Boy prospect Ronny Rios, whom he stopped in 5 rounds. Fought and beat former champ Rocky Juarez. Then lost an interim title challenge, only to come back afterwards to beat Yuriokis Gamboa.

BTW watch the stoppage in the Haye fight, total BS.

A tribute to Lolenga Mock and boxing’s 10 best journeymen - Boxing News

Re: Interesting article on Journey men boxers.

--- Mock was clubbing him around pretty good before going down.

Preemie stoppage, but it was a great upper cut professionally delivered that turned the tide for Pink.

True. (those rabbit punches were obscene)

and True. - Had the fight continued, Haye most likely would have gotten a KO.

But the stoppage was, obviously, corruption at its finest. There's no getting around it.

Not unlike Robert Byrd's stopping Mayweather-McGregor. (Corruption just runs in that family.)

Or Phil Edwards' stoppage in Joshua-Takam.

Edited by Cableaddict

Robert Talarek is a good example of a journeyman going a level above. He's gone from 13-12-2 to 20-12-2 and his streak includes beating guys with records like 41-16-5, 21-1-1, 8-1 and 18-1. He's currently ranked #22 in the world middleweight rank by Boxrec.

Robert Talarek is a good example of a journeyman going a level above. He's gone from 13-12-2 to 20-12-2 and his streak includes beating guys with records like 41-16-5, 21-1-1, 8-1 and 18-1. He's currently ranked #22 in the world middleweight rank by Boxrec.

Very interesting.

Makes me wanna' check this guy out now.