Daniel Dubois next fight announced

The_budweiser

His next fight in Feb. 10 against Gary Cornish. A step up for Dubois as Cornish has more experience in the pro ranks. Cornish recently lost to Sexton in a British fight which makes me think maybe Warren is going after the British title in 2018 which I thinks achievable.

The only problem I see with this is he is fast tracking Dubois, 20, and if he keeps knocking fighters out in style fans are going to demand Dubois-Joshua. There certainly going to compare Dubois performance with Joshuas against Cornish who fought him after 14 fights (Dubois 7 fights) But, I think Warren might put the breaks on him as he is only 20 and very young and I expect Joshua to retire at 30/31 - So he might hold Dubois back after he gets the British.

Re: Daniel Dubois next fight announced

Cornish is definitely a respectable opponent at this stage of Dubois' career. He moves pretty good and has decent defense, so it will be a very good test for the slow-moving Dubois.

If there's no corruption (don't bet on it) I could even see Cornish winning a decision here, exposing Dubois for what he really is.

- And that would be the best thing that ever happened to Dubois.

Of course, the scorecards have already been filled out, just in case Cornish survives 10 rounds.

Shame that Dubois isn't with Hearn. Hearn is now promoting in the US. He would be able to put Dubois in a couple of learning fights over there. I suppose Warren could look to take Dubois to the British title and look to have him defend twice inorder to win the Lonsdale belt outright. Mix those defenses with a couple of international fights.

I'm not on the bandwagon, not seen enough to know if he is the good or not.

I could even see Cornish winning a decision here, exposing Dubois for what he really is.

What he really is?

I'm surprised Cornish took the fight (must be good money). He posted on Facebook how he was offered title oppertunity's so another loss so soon after losing to Sexton will be a disaster for his career.

Shame that Dubois isn't with Hearn. Hearn is now promoting in the US. He would be able to put Dubois in a couple of learning fights over there. I suppose Warren could look to take Dubois to the British title and look to have him defend twice inorder to win the Lonsdale belt outright. Mix those defenses with a couple of international fights.

I'm not on the bandwagon, not seen enough to know if he is the good or not.

Do fighters from UK really need US? Years ago that used to be were the money was and you had to fight there to get recognition. But, Wilder walks down the street and no one know who he was in a TV clip that BoxNation or Sky showed.

If he keeps banging out his opponents with ease I'm sure Warren would bring fighters over from USA/World to fight Dubois in UK.

What he really is?

r.

Slowish and muscle-bound.

I can't see Dubois ever becoming a top-5 fighter, unless he finds a really good S&C coach & starts doing a ton of plyometric-type work.

He needs to slim down & get more flexible, plus increase his reflexes if that's even possible.

Or else keep feasting on cans for the next ten years.

AJ seems to have done this, to some extent, so it's certainly possible.

Edited by Cableaddict

Cornish is definitely a respectable opponent at this stage of Dubois' career. He moves pretty good and has decent defense, so it will be a very good test for the slow-moving Dubois.

If there's no corruption (don't bet on it) I could even see Cornish winning a decision here, exposing Dubois for what he really is.

Of course, the scorecards have already been filled out, just in case Cornish survives 10 rounds.

Make up your mind lad! If Dubois is shite as you expect surely Cornish won't need to "survive". He will either knock Dubois out or comfortably beat him on points.

Cornish is far from world class.

If he does survive, it will be the best fight of his life, considering his opponent has devastating power. (when he can actually get someone against the ropes.)

Edited by Cableaddict

Apart from Wilder, who aint all that and a bag of potato chips, and who's only offence is diving forward like an olympic fencer with a straight right, the Yanks haven't got another HW who is worth a wank in a dirty sock.

The 1970/80s have long gone. The UK is the new home of HW boxing. AJ will unify maybe twice and dominate. Watch out for Nathan Gorman breaking thru' this year too and a comeback for the Mad One. And no doubt Dillian Whyte (ranked no5 by the WBC) will be back to his best this year after an indifferent fight against Helenius.

Sour grapes methinks Cable....

I have capped and watched all Dubois' fights and he has a keener killer instinct than AJ and DOES need nurturing still and I am sure he will be guided through a few European fights this coming year after he comfortably stops Cornish.

Apart from Wilder, who aint all that and a bag of potato chips, and who's only offence is diving forward like an olympic fencer with a straight right.....

I guess you haven't noticed his deadly, long hook. Or his uppercut.

Dude .............

I have capped and watched all Dubois' fights and he has a keener killer instinct than AJ and DOES need nurturing still and I am sure he will be guided through a few European fights this coming year after he comfortably stops Cornish.

Dubois does go for the kill, I'll give him that. He's quite aggressive for such a big lad.

b u t

s s s l l l l o o o o o w.................