Fighters that disappeared from the radar?

BoztheMadman

There are some boxers who looked good earlier and were headed somewhere but then suddenly disappeared and were inactive for a longer time, before returning and having to start all over again because the inactivity did them in. One such boxer I know of is Gabor Veto, the Hungarian super lightweight. In 2012 he looked all set to enter the big scene as he knocked out guys like Justin Juuko and Michael Kizza but then, for reasons unknown to me, he went missing until 2016. Since then he's had 3 fights and had to struggle to beat a journeyman by MD6 in the first. Veto is still 29 but has lost so much valuable time and so far his comeback hasn't been too impressive. One other, older fighter I know if is Rolando Reyes. A very promising lightweight who in 2009 sensationally stopped Julio Diaz in 5, only to disappear completely since then. In 2012 he gave an interview where he said he was working on a comeback but nothing has happened since then. He also stopped Stevie Johnston and knocked out John Brown in 1, the only one who has done that to Brown. Truly a shame. I think he had managerial issues, as well as injuries.

Re: Fighters that disappeared from the radar?

Julian Ramirez. He was 16-0 with 8KO's when he stepped into the ring to fight Abraham Lopez. This was the opening bout on the HBO card for Salido vs Vargas in 2016. Ramirez lost a decision in a fight IMO he won on my card. Since then he's disappeared completely and hasn't fought since. Lopez was stopped 2 fights later.