Most Surprising Result in 2017?

Cableaddict

Not the best fight, not your favorite fight, but

What fight ended in a way you least expected?

(Corruption is allowed here, for instance Canelo - Golovkin, though that's too easy...)

My vote is Dorticos taking out Kudryashov. I was SURE the Russian Hammer would do his thing, once again.

(Even though he got a gift in his last fight.)

Runner Up: Hugo Centano Jr's lovely left hook, destroying Immanuwel Aleem, who had previously KO'd and exposed Khytrov.

Edited by Cableaddict

Re: Most Surprising Result in 2017?

I didn't expect Breazeale to ko Ugonoh. I also didn't expect Srisaket or Wisaksil as boxrec calls him, to beat Chocolatito and then ko him. Luis Nery stopping Yamanaka was also a big surprise. I guess Manny losing to Horn was also one of the biggest surprises.

James DeGale v Caleb Truax in my opinion.

Good shout. Also a fight you put me onto @pittbox, Yves Ulysse Jr. and Steve Claggett - http://www.koboxingforum.com/showthread.php?t=110400&highlight=Ulysse

Not really spoke about because Saunders got the win but how on earth did Gerardo Martinez score the fight 117-111. It was more or less a complete shut out. Most I could of gave Lemieux was 2 rounds to Saunders 10.

James DeGale v Caleb Truax and Miguel Cotto vs Sadam Ali were two surprising results.

Thought this was a thread about shocking moments, then i reread it. O well, What fight surprised me the most? Leather-Foot did, they spoke a lot of rubbish before the fight and it wasn't pantomime stuff that I expected. They really did not like each other and they both gave it their all in the ring and I wasn't expecting much from those two fighters, but, loved every minute of the fight and at the end one of them refused to touch gloves. Could feel the tension between the two. I hope we see a rematch in 2018.

Good shout. Also a fight you put me onto @pittbox, Yves Ulysse Jr. and Steve Claggett - http://www.koboxingforum.com/showthread.php?t=110400&highlight=Ulysse

Not really spoke about because Saunders got the win but how on earth did Gerardo Martinez score the fight 117-111. It was more or less a complete shut out. Most I could of gave Lemieux was 2 rounds to Saunders 10.

James DeGale v Caleb Truax and Miguel Cotto vs Sadam Ali were two surprising results.

Thought this was a thread about shocking moments, then i reread it. O well, What fight surprised me the most? Leather-Foot did, they spoke a lot of rubbish before the fight and it wasn't pantomime stuff that I expected. They really did not like each other and they both gave it their all in the ring and I wasn't expecting much from those two fighters, but, loved every minute of the fight and at the end one of them refused to touch gloves. Could feel the tension between the two. I hope we see a rematch in 2018.

It's about whatever you want it to be about, James!

- And who da' heck is "leather foot?"

At the beginning of 2017, I didn't think Immanuwel Aleem would be involved in the Round of the Year, Fight of the Year and KO of the year. He was in two fights and they both stood out and shocked me. His fights with Ievgen Khytrov and Hugo Centeno Jr are must-watch fights.

At the beginning of 2017, I didn't think Immanuwel Aleem would be involved in the Round of the Year, Fight of the Year and KO of the year. He was in two fights and they both stood out and shocked me. His fights with Ievgen Khytrov and Hugo Centeno Jr are must-watch fights.

Absolutely.

I just re-watched the latter fight yesterday. Man, just brilliant stuff from Centano! Fans should be talking about him more than they do.

Definitely a KOTY contender. Easily in the top-three.

And Aleem - Khytov is probably FOTY. - Round three is hands-down ROTY.

- And this post is hyperbole of the year. :haha: - but it's still true.

I was surprised how well Marcus Browne looked in 2017, considering he looked like shit against Kalajdzic in 2016.

this one didn't surprise me at all. I'd been hyping Brown ever since he turned pro.

But yeah, he looked pretty bad for several fights in a row, and clearly LOST that fight to Hot Rod. Most fans on another forum had written him off.

Not me, though, so I was thrilled to see him not only get back to form, but reach a whole new level.

Expect big things from Browne in 2018, or at least a spectacular, high level loss.

this one didn't surprise me at all. I'd been hyping Brown ever since he turned pro.

But yeah, he looked pretty bad for several fights in a row, and clearly LOST that fight to Hot Rod. Most fans on another forum had written him off.

Not me, though, so I was thrilled to see him not only get back to form, but reach a whole new level.

Expect big things from Browne in 2018, or at least a spectacular, high level loss.

I remember you telling us about him. He's looked good but not sold on him yet. Monaghan was a limited fighter, brought along by Uncle Bob cos he's a ticket seller. Williams Jr has been in exciting fights - can hit but dodgy chin.

Browne is in the mix in a killer division.

On a domestic Welsh level.

The non-performance by Craig Kennedy vs Matty Askin for the vacant BBBofC British Cruiserweight Title. Have interviewed Craig, watched him train and he just didn't turn up for his biggest fight. Always in great shape, technically very good and with good movement for a big man. Something just wasn't there on the night and he looked a shadow of the man that beat the Belgian giant Joel Tambwe Djeko and Wadi Camacho.

He's now moved camps from Steve Robinson to Gary Lockett and I think it's a good move. 2018 a big year for Craig in a tough division both domestically and internationally.

On a domestic Welsh level.

The non-performance by Craig Kennedy vs Matty Askin for the vacant BBBofC British Cruiserweight Title. Have interviewed Craig, watched him train and he just didn't turn up for his biggest fight. Always in great shape, technically very good and with good movement for a big man. Something just wasn't there on the night and he looked a shadow of the man that beat the Belgian giant Joel Tambwe Djeko and Wadi Camacho.

He's now moved camps from Steve Robinson to Gary Lockett and I think it's a good move. 2018 a big year for Craig in a tough division both domestically and internationally.

Craig is pants mate he aint going anywhere