Lomachecnko - Who Next?

Cableaddict

Re: Lomachecnko - Who Nex?

I know there are lots of mouth-watering possibilities, but so few real challenges for him, even in 2 weight classes.

So, what's your vote?

(I know, everyone's gonna' pick Mikey.)

You're right! Garcia at 135lbs and Loma winning clearly on points. I'd be more than happy with Linares or Gervontay Davis as well.

--- Siri's been ducking big money Loma fights for peanuts against chumps. Love to see him quit after 2 rounds, but he means nothing to Loma at this point.

Mikey would be a stellar fight, but he's Haymon and all that difficulty with Arum. In the short term, Golden Boy's Golden fighter Linares is a likely cash out for him that Loma would probably be willing to go 50/50 with on the purse. That'd be about as big as Mikey and better set up that fight.

You're right! Garcia at 135lbs and Loma winning clearly on points. I'd be more than happy with Linares or Gervontay Davis as well.

I like the idea of Davis.

He's young, hungry, and we still don't know that much about him, at the elite level. IMO, He's the only name that doesn't seem like a sure-win for Loma. Plus, he has true "1 punch" power, which is another critical factor when facing the insanely slippery Loma.

I love me some Mikey, but his prime is waaay back in the rear-view mirror at this point. He's only 29 (amazingly) but he;s clearly not as crisp as he was just a few years ago. Still a brilliant fighter, but we're talking about Lomachenko now....

It will take lightning speed and reflexes to give Loma any trouble, (just ask "I was great once but No Mas" Rigondeaux) and that means a young buck on the way up.

I'm ashamed to admit, I don't know much about Linares. I've only seen him fight Luke Campbell. (Life has been limiting my free time these last few years)

He didn't strike me as anything even close to elite, especially in terms of reflexes. Am I wrong here?

Edited by Cableaddict

I like the idea of Davis.

He's young, hungry, and we still don't know that much about him, at the elite level. IMO, He's the only name that doesn't seem like a sure-win for Loma. Plus, he has true "1 punch" power, which is another critical factor when facing the insanely slippery Loma.

I love me some Mikey, but his prime is waaay back in the rear-view mirror at this point. He's only 29 (amazingly) but he;s clearly not as crisp as he was just a few years ago. Still a brilliant fighter, but we're talking about Lomachenko now....

It will take lightning speed and reflexes to give Loma any trouble, (just ask "I was great once but No Mas" Rigondeaux) and that means a young buck on the way up.

I'm ashamed to admit, I don't know much about Linares. I've only seen him fight Luke Campbell. (Life has been limiting my free time these last few years)

He didn't strike me as anything even close to elite, especially in terms of reflexes. Am I wrong here?

I think he coasted a bit against Campbell and Crolla's style was perfect for Linares. The worry for Linares is that Luke is a very third rate version of Lomachenko which doesn;t bode well if they meet. Edited by Cableaddict

Re: Lomachecnko - Who Next?

--- Loma would beat Davis into another no mas. Yeah, Davis has some power, but he's ripe for an elite like Loma. He'd BTFO TUE, 50-0 anywhere outside of Vegas and Bayliss and Cortez except a legit fight involving TUE can never happen.

Nah. Loma might beat Davis, but Davis is no quitter, you can tell. He's aggressive as hell.

He's also got a 2" reach advantage over Loma. He's also a southpaw, which is less of a factor with Loma than with most guys, but still a factor.

I'm not sure if Davis has the hand speed, though. - But he DOES have the reflexes. He also seems to have a pretty good sense of ring generalship, at least against the slugs he's been fighting so far. I don't think he'd be hypnotized by Loma's side movement, the way so many guys have been. Davis would stay on track. He'd get his opportunities. The big question is, would he have enough hand speed to take advantage of those fleeting moments?

I sure wanna' find out.