Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 47

Thread: Eubank vs Groves - Who wins? [SPOILERS]

  1. #21

    Re: Eubank vs Groves - Who wins? [SPOILERS]

    --- Orchestrated incompetence. Nobody could be a dumb as half the refs in big fights demonstrate every week regardless of jurisdiction.

    Act like a idiot and get paid a princely sum not to mention the insider bets on every "upset."
    "I knew that Clay would have to move backwards and fight. All I had to do is fight." ..................Joe Frazier after the first Ali fight.

  2. #22

    Re: Eubank vs Groves - Who wins? [SPOILERS]

    WEIGH-IN:



    I don't know why some folks think Groves is bigger than Eubank. He's clearly not.

    Groves has slightly larger biceps, but Eubank has a much more powerful chest, and wider shoulders (hence a longer reach.)

    Eubank also has faster hands, which of course contributes a lot to punch power.



    I'm now even more convinced that Jr will take this one.
     

  3. #23

    Re: Eubank vs Groves - Who wins? [SPOILERS]

    Both fighters looked nervous in the opening round and showed each other too much respect. It’s didn’t take either long to settle down but it was Groves who the pace suited more and Eubank in the first 6-7 rounds wasn’t letting his hands go anywhere near enough, except from the odd rare flurry which wasn’t going to win him the rounds or the fight.

    There was an accidental head clash that opened up a cut above Eubank’s right eye in round three. Groves boxed well, judging distance and nullifying Eubank’s work at close quarters. Eubank was giving Groves too much respect and waiting too long in the first 6-7 rounds before letting his hands go.

    After six rounds, I have it 5-1 in Groves favour. I just don't get why Eubank is chasing Groves? Groves with little movement is just inviting Eubank on and smothering his work while landing his own. Eubanks strength is eye catching flurries and his footwork and so far he isn't using it to the best of his ability. Eubank should be moving and letting Groves chase him around the ring.

    From the sixth round onwards Eubank tried but he looked frustrated and desperate with much of his work. Groves felt a lot of Eubank’s best shots in second half of the fight and walked through his work. A poor round 12 on another night could have cost Groves the fight.

    Chris Eubank Jr's fight to come out his dad’s shadow? He isn't even good enough to be his dads sparring partner!

    Time to get rid of the circus act and your dad and get a trainer like Rob McCracken and start from scratch.


    Judges cards should of been wider!
     

  4. #24

    Re: Eubank vs Groves - Who wins? [SPOILERS]

    It was a flashy fight, but with very little substance.

    Both men showed excellent defense, but sadly, neither man really went for it very much.

    The dick-riding commentators were completely off base. Groves wasn't winning the fight in any meaningful way. They were all "Gee, wow, the fight is going exactly how Groves wants it." Well, yeah, with Groves fighting off his back foot 90% of the time, how else could it go? But Groves failed to land many meaningful punches, whereas Jr landed a TON of partially-blocked shots.

    I wouldn't want to bother actually scoring this fight, but in my STRONG opinion, Eubank won by at least a few rounds. Groves simply didn't land enough. Not even close, really.

    I also don't really give a fuck, because once again we saw Eubank with no plan B whatsoever. Not a single adjustment throughout the entire fight, other than turning up the volume in the second half. That boy needs a new trainer, there's just no way around it.



    Well, the powers-that-be got their huge-selling British final bout. I guess their happy.
     

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cableaddict For This Useful Post:

    the_budweiser (02-18-2018)

  6. #25

    Re: Eubank vs Groves - Who wins? [SPOILERS]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cableaddict View Post
    It was a flashy fight, but with very little substance.

    Both men showed excellent defense, but sadly, neither man really went for it very much.

    The dick-riding commentators were completely off base. Groves wasn't winning the fight in any meaningful way. They were all "Gee, wow, the fight is going exactly how Groves wants it." Well, yeah, with Groves fighting off his back foot 90% of the time, how else could it go? But Groves failed to land many meaningful punches, whereas Jr landed a TON of partially-blocked shots.

    I wouldn't want to bother actually scoring this fight, but in my STRONG opinion, Eubank won by at least a few rounds. Groves simply didn't land enough. Not even close, really.

    I also don't really give a fuck, because once again we saw Eubank with no plan B whatsoever. Not a single adjustment throughout the entire fight, other than turning up the volume in the second half. That boy needs a new trainer, there's just no way around it.



    Well, the powers-that-be got their huge-selling British final bout. I guess their happy.
    I had it a lot wider than the judges cards. Eubank wasn't landing anywhere near enough and was wild and desperate. Groves game plan was perfect land his shots and tie Eubank up on the inside. We must of been watching different fights. The commentators after the fight were spot on for me, Eubank isn't at this level.
     

  7. #26

    Re: Eubank vs Groves - Who wins? [SPOILERS]

    Wild and desperate?

    They were LANDING.


    What exactly was Groves throwing? Oh that's right: Nothing. (after the first 3-4 rounds.) Watch the fight with the sound off.
    (I had to, after about three rounds of all that dick riding by the commentators.)
    Groves wasn't even landing his jab, because he was afraid to get too close. He popped it out there, and it looked flashy, but it wasn't connecting.


    As long as I've been on these forums, James, I've never thought you so incredibly incorrect.
    Last edited by Cableaddict; 02-18-2018 at 12:11 AM.
     

  8. #27

    Chris Eubank Jr vs George Groves

    Undercard lacking again for super six but that was always the plan.
    Loved the fight and had an awesome night. It was the display I hoped for. Calum will win it overall. Not biased of course


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by lynne.buckley; 02-18-2018 at 12:21 AM.
     

  9. #28

    Re: Eubank vs Groves - Who wins? [SPOILERS]

    Did you see the highlight rail in slow mo after the fight? There was a lot of shots missing and no where near connecting, it was very amateurish at times from Eubank.

    Eubank's dad was surprising very honest with his assessment of the fight and even he thought Groves put on a perfect performance and won the fight.
     

  10. #29

    Re: Chris Eubank Jr vs George Groves

    Quote Originally Posted by lynne.buckley View Post
    Undercard lacking again for super six but that was always the plan.
    Loved the fight and had an awesome night. It was the display I hoped for. Calum will win it overall. Not biased of course


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Moved thread to the one with a spoiler
     

  11. #30

    Re: Eubank vs Groves - Who wins? [SPOILERS]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cableaddict View Post
    Wild and desperate?

    They were LANDING.


    What exactly was Groves throwing? Oh that's right: Nothing. (after the first 3-4 rounds.)
    Eubank was eating plenty of jabs all night, plus a variety of other shots as Groves counterpunched, clinched and dodged his way to an easy win. I don't understand where the hype for Eubank has come from - he's improved since the Saunders fight in terms of his ability to box, but he doesn't fight like it when he needs to, choosing to spend all night swinging for the fences and landing only occasionally and only single shots.

    If that's "The new Sugar Ray Leonard" I'll keep the old one.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Brook vs Eubank Jr - Who wins?
    By the_budweiser in forum World Boxing Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 09-18-2016, 02:34 PM
  2. Nick Blackwell vs Chris Eubank Jr, who wins?
    By the_budweiser in forum World Boxing Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-19-2016, 09:10 PM
  3. Eubank Jr vs Spike - Who wins?
    By WelshDevilRob in forum World Boxing Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-12-2015, 09:37 PM
  4. After last nights Eubank and Saunders fight - who wins?
    By the_budweiser in forum World Boxing Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-29-2014, 08:20 PM
  5. Chris Eubank jr result (Spoilers)
    By the_budweiser in forum World Boxing Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-24-2012, 05:52 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Welcome

Welcome to the KO Boxing Forum, an online boxing community where you can discuss upcoming fights, results, boxing history and the latest boxing news from around the world.

If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to contact us!

Connect with us

Register an account at the KO Boxing Forum.