Eubank vs Groves - Who wins? [SPOILERS]

The_budweiser

Re: Eubank vs Groves - Who wins? [spoilerS]

Wild and desperate?

They were LANDING.

What exactly was Groves throwing? Oh that's right: Nothing. (after the first 3-4 rounds.) Watch the fight with the sound off.

(I had to, after about three rounds of all that dick riding by the commentators.)

Groves wasn't even landing his jab, because he was afraid to get too close. He popped it out there, and it looked flashy, but it wasn't connecting.

As long as I've been on these forums, James, I've never thought you so incredibly incorrect.

Edited by Cableaddict

Chris Eubank Jr vs George Groves

Undercard lacking again for super six but that was always the plan.

Loved the fight and had an awesome night. It was the display I hoped for. Calum will win it overall. Not biased of course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by lynne.buckley

Did you see the highlight rail in slow mo after the fight? There was a lot of shots missing and no where near connecting, it was very amateurish at times from Eubank.

Eubank's dad was surprising very honest with his assessment of the fight and even he thought Groves put on a perfect performance and won the fight.

Re: Chris Eubank Jr vs George Groves

Undercard lacking again for super six but that was always the plan.

Loved the fight and had an awesome night. It was the display I hoped for. Calum will win it overall. Not biased of course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moved thread to the one with a spoiler :thumb:

Wild and desperate?

They were LANDING.

What exactly was Groves throwing? Oh that's right: Nothing. (after the first 3-4 rounds.)

Eubank was eating plenty of jabs all night, plus a variety of other shots as Groves counterpunched, clinched and dodged his way to an easy win. I don't understand where the hype for Eubank has come from - he's improved since the Saunders fight in terms of his ability to box, but he doesn't fight like it when he needs to, choosing to spend all night swinging for the fences and landing only occasionally and only single shots.

If that's "The new Sugar Ray Leonard" I'll keep the old one.

115-113 Groves. I feel like he was comfortably ahead after 8 rounds, but was little too passive in the last part, so Eubank Jr. made it closer with a sheer activity. Clearly, Eubank Jr. was forced to do some thing in a unusal way for him. He couldn't just stand with one way hanging, flick the jab and move his upper body. It became clear that an opponent who could move is a nightmare for his typical strategy, Anyway, I wouldn't say that Groves proved anything big. He looks like a much better boxer compared to what the scorecards say. I just feel like he could've won it more comfortably, but it's hard to blame the winner.

I can't see how you can score this fight for Eubank. I had it 116-112. Eubank had some moments. But they were few and far between. Long periods of time his technique went to complete shit. Even Groves poor defense was able to make Eubank's wild punches miss as if i was watching The Matrix.

Activity shouldn't count if there's no achievement with it!

The biggest factor are the punches landed (power vs quantity). If one guy visibly outlands the opponent he wins the round. It doesn't matter if he walks forward or backward or if he lands twice as more or twice as less. But there are "gray area" rounds when you don't see a big difference and you have to pick a winner. I think it's fair to give a round to a more active fighter then.

The biggest factor are the punches landed (power vs quantity). If one guy visibly outlands the opponent he wins the round. It doesn't matter if he walks forward or backward or if he lands twice as more or twice as less. But there are "gray area" rounds when you don't see a big difference and you have to pick a winner. I think it's fair to give a round to a more active fighter then.

Yes, sorry I thought you meant you were scoring just for throwing. I would say if you can't split them, score 10-10.

I don't understand where the hype for Eubank has come from - he's improved since the Saunders fight in terms of his ability to box, but he doesn't fight like it when he needs to, choosing to spend all night swinging for the fences and landing only occasionally and only single shots.

Unfortunately I didn't see the fight. Beforehand I called this one for Eubank though, and must have been suckered into Eubank's more recent, fairly impressive performances. But a bit of hind-sight and really Eubank has fought guys suited for his style, only BJS where he wasn't the better boxer.

Cable is the only person I have seen to say Eubank won the fight, so that's pretty conclusive enough the right man has won, and it was fairly obvious.

--- Well, I watched the 1st 6 rds before my computer shut down, and had Groves up 5-1 with little improvement from either fighter going forward to the next 6 rds that I missed from a computer malfunction.

Do I need to watch them for Fightscore? I'm willing to do so, but Eubank has learned very little and makes an ugly, stupid headfirst rush like Ward did to his derision. Groves is good enough to make Jr look daft, but his offense was also daft, just needing to be better than Jr.

--- Well, I watched the 1st 6 rds before my computer shut down, and had Groves up 5-1 with little improvement from either fighter going forward to the next 6 rds that I missed from a computer malfunction.

Do I need to watch them for Fightscore? I'm willing to do so, but Eubank has learned very little and makes an ugly, stupid headfirst rush like Ward did to his derision. Groves is good enough to make Jr look daft, but his offense was also daft, just needing to be better than Jr.

Feel free to :thumb:

--- Got the full fight in and had Groves winning wide, but when I went to Fightscore Network, I get this message:

XMLHttpRequest failed: {}

Looks like Twitter might work, so what say you? Maybe create a new acct there?

Those two you mentioned are totally different websites / apps than mine!!

I didnt realise these ones existed when I registered the domain: fight-score.com (All important hyphen / dash)

Those two you mentioned are totally different websites / apps than mine!!

I didnt realise these ones existed when I registered the domain: fight-score.com (All important hyphen / dash)

--- Give me your bonafide website and I'll link it to mine if I can get registered to know I'm on the correct site.

Might also consider substantial cosmetic changes to your site to insure distinction or the copy cats might steal your bizness.