SPOILER - Liam Smith vs Liam Williams card

The_budweiser

Re: SPOILER - Liam Smith vs Liam Williams card

18:55pm UK Boxnation (only)

Jeff Saunders vs Steven Lewis 10 rounds, super lightweights

19:45pm UK Boxnation + BT Sport 1 simulcast

Liam Smith vs Liam Williams 12 rounds, super welterweights

Thomas Patrick Ward vs Sean Davis 12 rounds, BBBofC British Super Bantamweight Title

Josh Leather vs Glenn Foot 12 rounds, IBF East/West Europe Super Lightweight Title

Nathan Gorman vs Mohamed Soltby 10 rounds, vacant WBC International Silver Heavyweight Title

TBA from:

Mark Heffron vs Lewis Taylor 8 rounds, super middleweights

Kalam Leather vs Naheem Chaudhry 4 rounds, super lightweights

Troy Williamson vs Miguel Aguilar 6 rounds, middleweights (already fought)

Joe Maphosa vs Craig Derbyshire 4 rounds, flyweights (already fought)

Michael Watson (Pro debut) vs Hristo Yonev 4 rounds, cruiserweights (already fought)

Liam vs Liam #2

All 3 judges had it 96-95 in favour of Williams in the last fight at the "end". I had it much wider than that TBH but what do I know :noidea:

Both were guilty of using the head. Smith looks relaxed as does Gallagher and by all accounts Williams has trained like a madman for this. Hope it lives up to expectations without the controversy. I'm personally rooting for Williams but it could well go either way.

What's your opininon on the final result? I don't agree with those 116-112 and 117-111 cards. I've felt that Williams started good and Smith gained more momentum since the 6th round. More memorable shots have came from Williams and I think Smith's been hurt few times. I had it 115-113 for Williams. I think hometown atmoshpere made it look better for Smith than it really was.

Fight Score - The Boxing Scorecard with Reasoning

Edited by pittbox

What's your opininon on the final result? I don't agree with those 116-112 and 117-111 cards. I've felt that Williams started good and Smith gained more momentum since the 6th round. More memorable shots have came from Williams and I think Smith's been hurt few times. I had it 115-113 for Williams. I think hometown atmoshpere made it look better for Smith than it really was.

Fight Score - The Boxing Scorecard with Reasoning

I didn't score the fight but when the bell rang I thought Smith was going to get the decision. It was a boring fight due to Smiths defensive performance and he showed his experience and stuck to his corners game plan. Correct winner for me.

Best fight of the night and worth a watch was Leather vs Foot. Could see the rivalry throughout the fight and at the end one went to touch gloves and the other shook his head and said "No". Leather got the decision, I thought Foot won the fight.

Josh Leather vs Glenn Foot has had a bit of beef surrounding the fight but can't see it living up to the war of words.

:haha: Turns out to be a fight of the year candidate!! Was a quailty scrap.

Main event didn't live up to the first one, right man won but I really dislike Smith. The little segments of him talking shite before the fight just showed him to be somewhat of a dick. Shame he won.

Main event didn't live up to the first one, right man won but I really dislike Smith. The little segments of him talking shite before the fight just showed him to be somewhat of a dick. Shame he won.

I had Smith winning 116-113. Funny you say that, i met Callum and he was sort of a prick. And everyone seems to hate Paul. When i brought up his name at the DeGale vs Medina fight in D.C., these U.K. fans called him a cunt. Actually they called him a 'fuckin Cunt"

I had Smith winning 116-113. Funny you say that, i met Callum and he was sort of a prick. And everyone seems to hate Paul. When i brought up his name at the DeGale vs Medina fight in D.C., these U.K. fans called him a cunt. Actually they called him a 'fuckin Cunt"

Popular lads then? As for the fight I though Williams nicked. but wouldn't argue the other way. 117-111 was far too wide though.

John Rawling was a disgrace with his commentary. Was calling punches landed by Williams for Smith. Almost seemed like the winner was predetermined. I re-watched it with the sound off and had it 116-113 to Williams.

I watched the fight again earlier today, and scored it a draw. I'm actually not surprised by the wide range of different score cards. There was maybe 4 rounds out of the 12 that i could definitively score for a fighter. The other 8 were extremely close. So i can see how some had it wide for Smith, or even wide for Williams. And i watched the fight both times with the commentary on.

I watched the fight again earlier today, and scored it a draw. I'm actually not surprised by the wide range of different score cards. There was maybe 4 rounds out of the 12 that i could definitively score for a fighter. The other 8 were extremely close. So i can see how some had it wide for Smith, or even wide for Williams. And i watched the fight both times with the commentary on.

Not in disagreement with you. Watching live I edged it to Liam Williams by a point. Thought it could be Welsh bias, on my part. The commentary really bugged me and others who have worked with these people. I watched the replay earlier, to write a report, sound off. I scored it 116-113 for Williams. It wasn't a blatant robbery, cos as you say some rounds were close. But the wrong man won IMO. I asked a couple of American writers, whose opinion I trust, and the pair both saw in Williams favour.

Not in disagreement with you. Watching live I edged it to Liam Williams by a point. Thought it could be Welsh bias, on my part. The commentary really bugged me and others who have worked with these people. I watched the replay earlier, to write a report, sound off. I scored it 116-113 for Williams. It wasn't a blatant robbery, cos as you say some rounds were close. But the wrong man won IMO. I asked a couple of American writers, whose opinion I trust, and the pair both saw in Williams favour.

The problem I have is that after the appalling/corrupt officiating of the last fight (Williams should either have won by disqualification or on the scorecards - either way he was robbed) it's not hard to imagine that the fix was on again this time. Whenever there's a wide score in a close fight I'm suspicious.

:haha: Turns out to be a fight of the year candidate!! Was a quailty scrap.

Yeah, it was the best fight of the night and I thoroughly enjoyed it.