Talks have taken place: Jarrell Miller vs Anthony Joshua

The_budweiser

Jarrell 'Big Baby' Miller has mocked Anthony Joshua's mental strength and says talks have taken place about a future fight against Britain's heavyweight world champion.

The unbeaten American targets a 20th victory against Mariusz Wach in New York in the early hours of Sunday morning, live on Sky Sports, with Miller hoping to edge closer to a world title shot.

Anthony Joshua defended his WBA 'super' and IBF belts with a 10th round stoppage win over Carlos Takam, but Miller was far from impressed with the champion's performance.

Jarrell Miller mocks Anthony's Joshua mental strength and reveals talks about potential fight | Boxing News | Sky Sports

Re: Talks have taken place: Jarrell Miller vs Anthony Joshua

Just read that Miller has signed a promotional deal with Eddie Hearn and a TV deal with HBO.

No double posting to bump your thread please, or infraction points will have to be given :haha:

Read the rules.

^ LOL.

Glad Miller has a deal with Hearn, because his main management & promotion team seems to be some divorce lawyer, working part time out of the storage closet at Al Haymon's house cleaner's garage.

That said, I don't think much of Miller, though I suppose beating Washington was fairly impressive. At the same time, Washington looked like he was drugged in that fight, or paid to lay down, or something..... And Miller basically wins by having a granite chin, and thudding power that wears his opponents down, despite his shit accuracy and terrible defense.

Edited by Cableaddict

--- Man, how many times we gots to tell you, IT'S A TRILOGY THINGY ! ! !

If Hearns indeed does sign Miller who's a much better fighter in better shape than his shape would suggest, he becomes what Ortiz never could be, a supporting draw while building their fight and a lightning rod for negotiations with Deyonce who is already claiming too much money to fight.

No surprise that Hearn is positioning Miller as a potential opponent for Joshua. He's shrewd enough to realise that the more viable options Joshua has the stronger a negotiating position he is in with respect to all of his potential opponents. At the very least it should put downward pressure on Parker's price for face him next. Combine that with what I think is a genuine desire to build the Wilder fight with further fights and the addition of Miller to the mix makes perfect sense.

Miller would be target practice for Joshua. He's pretty mobile for a 300lb guy but he's still a 300lb guy!!!

Indeed.

I'm very surprised that team Miller is even considering this, so soon.

- If they actually are.

I'm also surprised that team Joshia is looking at Miller, since he's not yet a big name but has a puncher's chance.

Like Kabayel (who is no doubt now in the mix) Miller is semi-high risk, and very low reward.

Why not still go after Pulev? or Parker, who would be a very easy win for AJ? Or Andy Ruiz? Or Baby Hughie?

Edited by Cableaddict

Why not still go after Pulev? or Parker, who would be a very easy win for AJ? Or Andy Ruiz? Or Baby Hughie?

Hearn said this week that Parker, Fury, Wilder and...someone else I can't remember...are essentially their targets for the coming year because Joshua is insisting on fighting the top guys. Let's hope so.

Parker's team have turned down the initial offer from Eddie Hearn. Not enough money for them. They could turn to the mooted fight with Lucas Browne, which makes money and sense down under.

Hearn has met with Shelly Finkel and Al Haymon to see what they are offering for a Joshua vs Wilder fight and to start negotiations. Hearn says he'll do the fight in March but prefers the summer, as that's the best time for a stadium like Twickenham.

Miller didn't look great against Wach. Wach is a big lump and durable, while lacking power. A decent win and Miller came in about 15lbs lighter than last time. He's charismatic and I can see him being the 3rd fight of Joshua's in 2018. With Hearn now doing fights in the US for HBO and a 3 year deal, it makes sense to sign the likes of Jacobs and Miller.

Dillian Whyte has been named as No.1 contender for WBC champion, Wilder. Won't get him a shot any quicker, as Wilder just beat his last mandatory - tubby Stiverne.