Browne vs Parker, who wins? (Not official)

The_budweiser

Former WBA heavyweight champion Lucas Browne has agreed to fight WBO title holder Joseph Parker in potentially the biggest trans-Tasman boxing fight in memory.

Now he's just waiting for the Kiwi's signature for a fight mooted for around March of next year.

The bout could happen in Parker's home city of Auckland, or in Australia, with Melbourne probably favoured ahead of Sydney.

"I've heard that his trainer, his promoter, his matchmaker, have all said 'yes, no problem', it's actually Parker himself that's holding it up," Browne told AAP on Tuesday.

Browne's promoter Matt Clark was equally adamant it was up to Parker to seal the proposed deal.

"They've offered us a deal, we've agreed, we're ready to go, so if the fight doesn't happen it' rests solely on Joseph Parker," Clark told AAP.

Despite the Browne camp's assertions, it's believed the 25-year-old New Zealander is prepared to take the fight.

Browne agrees to fight WBO champ Parker | SBS News

Who do you think wins this fight?

Re: Browne vs Parker, who wins? (Not official)

--- Glad to see you up and out and about Bud. Out of the wheelchair yet?

As to Browne, the guy is massively strong and motivated with underrated skills. Parker will have his hands full and then some, but is so much quicker that he should be showing some class by the end of the bout.

Don't think Parker's handlers will fuck about with this fight, the next logical fight for both Parker and AJ is a meeting in the spring.

I don't see where/how Browne comes into the HW mix at the moment given his juicing form.

Parker should win easily - if Browne even makes it through drug testing.

LOL.

Agreed.

Similar styles, but Parker, for all his limitations, would have youth, speed, and overall output on his side.

I could actually be a decent fight, though. I'm sure Browne will come to win, not just for a paycheck.

He has a LOT to prove, and it's also his last chance at anything real.

Still, why would anyone fight Browne, if they don't have to? He'd always have a puncher's chance, even against AJ or Wilder.

There's no up side.

Granted I haven't seen too much of Browne in all honesty, but from what I have seen he is seemingly something of a plodding slugger. Has some power and aggression, awkward toughness, but I'd imagine Parker can out manouvre him and land the better shots. Might open cuts and force a stoppage, or cruise to a clear points victory.

Parkers poor showng vs Fury was more a stylistic one. Hughie is awkward and cagey, defensive as fuck and didn't engage all night. Browne is the total opposite in a come forward plodder so will suit Parkers style better.

Browne's inactivity, age and limited ability mean this would, in my view, by pretty straightforward for Parker. I think it's just a fall-back option if they can't make the Joshua fight as a safe contest to keep their market value for a future unification (and a way to help negotiations)