[NOW CONTAINS SPOILERS] Juergen Braehmer v Rob Brant

pittbox

Today, we're seeing the last quarter-final of WBSS between Juergen Braehmer and Rob Brant. Fight doesn't seem to get a lot of recognition, but it looks quite interesting on paper. Will Rob Brant be a competition for rest of the fighters left in the tournament? He defeated hardly anyone worth of note. DeCarlo Perez and Louis Rose are probably his best wins. On the other hand Braehmer hasn't fought super middleweight since 10 years and I don't think he really wants to be in this tournament so much. Sauerlands' probably just wanted to have some German fighter in. I expect Brant to control the fight at the beggining (not a lot of damage, thought) and Braehmer to quit after few rounds just like he did against Cleverly.

Re: Juergen Braehmer v Rob Brant

It certainly seems like "the battle for last place."

But who knows? Yildrim and Cox both gave us surprisingly good 1/4 finals. Sometimes a fighter reaches a new peak when given a great opportunity.

I'm not writing either of these guys off just yet. (esp Brant)

Re: Juergen Braehmer v Rob Brant

I can't even put in words how bad Brant's performance has been. He hasn't even tried to push the pace a little bit more at the end, hasn't looked for a knockout... He just really had no idea what to do! I have to give some credit for Braehmer and call off my words about him. He treats this tournament serious. He has looked great for 39 years old! Really impressive for him to have a such dominant performance against young, undefeated prospetct, even completely clueless one :ranger:

• Like 1

Re: [NOW CONTAINS SPOILERS] Juergen Braehmer v Rob Brant

Yeah Brant looked terrible.

No idea how to get past Braehmer's defense, eating jabs all nights, and his punch accuracy was abysmal.

He should have at least gone for broke in the final 2 rounds, but instead chose to practically coast to a sure loss. Feh .....

Braehmer looked pretty darned good though. Surprising defensive movement for an old guy, and that jab was crisp and accurate.

He didn't show nearly enough offense, though, to have any hope against Smith.

• 3 weeks later...