For those scoring fights this weekend.....

Ton

Some of you may be aware, and others won't have a clue but a while back I started a topic about how some new method of scoring rounds might be useful to bringing judges to account for their scorecards and may help make dodgy scoring happen less! The idea is simple, still using the usual 10 must system, but also providing a reason why the round was awarded as it was.

The full explanation of this idea and concept is outlined and discussed in this thread

The development is still ongoing, and I still need to get the database system all set up. but the general scorecard concept is up and running at this moment in time.

I am hoping for some users and general feedback and help to spread awareness of this idea.

So for those who enjoy scoring fights, and there are quite a few on this weekend, it would be great if you used this app to try is out and see what you think and provide any useful feedback.

Fight's to score are here: Fight-Score Dashboard

Some Useful Information

- I figured the best way to spread awareness of this and interactivity would be through Twitter, and as such it encourages you to log in via Twitter first. This isn't mandatory however, but if you are a Twitter user, it would be good to make use of it.

- When you End Fight - there will be a "Generate Scorecard" button and a Tweet button.

If you're a twitter user feel free to tweet your scorecard.

If you're not a twitter user (or even if you are) use the Generate Scorecard button to go to a link that you can copy and paste on here to send people to your scorecard.

:smiley-signs101:

Anton

Re: For those scoring fights this weekend.....

For those scoring fights this weekend.....

Is this World Boxing News...? :lol:

Shameless Ton, but credit where its due - good luck to you with the app and when you're a dotcom millionaire remember where you first launched it. :thumb:

Is this World Boxing News...? :lol:

Shameless Ton, but credit where its due - good luck to you with the app and when you're a dotcom millionaire remember where you first launched it. :thumb:

What's that supposed to mean, "is this World Boxing News"? :rant: :haha:

No shame indeed, but I have put a lot of hours into this and I'd like some help and feedback ideally! I have mentioned the forum on the about page. The initial thread I created about the idea was well participated and got ideas going in my head and I knew I could develop the application with a bit of effort. I would like it to be an ongoing project with forum participation in developing it into a pretty robust and usable product.

Unfortunately it's simply not just a case of "build it and they will come", so I need to work on getting the concept in place and working well, allowing people to make use of it in its basic form and getting some publicity for it around boxing fans. All the while in the meantime I need to get the back-end system fully in place, which is gonna be in the next month with some extra graft frrom me!

--- Guess I missed this because I'm not on the forum over the weekend and it got shoved down the queue.

The only of the fights I saw other than the highlight of Charlo's big KO, was Canelo/Golovkin, but I'll have to find my scorecard at home and bring it to my library tomorrow if it can still be scored. I've commented on the fight several times, so it's still fresh in my memory and my cards give a synopsis of each round as well as my score.

Have you thought about creating a 'poll' system, so we can see what percentage of scorers has given a round for each fighter? It should be seen only after saving your scorecard to not influence your scoring. Of course, it probably needs some work, so it's a long-term suggestion.

Have you thought about creating a 'poll' system, so we can see what percentage of scorers has given a round for each fighter? It should be seen only after saving your scorecard to not influence your scoring. Of course, it probably needs some work, so it's a long-term suggestion.

Yeah this will become a future feature, full breakdown of how rounds were scored as well as the breakdown of reasons per round, per fighter as well. Of course it first needs users and data in order to produce this info :haha:

Since the system has a list of set reasons to award the round, rather than just a box for someone to write a comment in, we can use that information to analyse the data and put it into visual graphs to show how the fans' opinions are split.

IF the system got a good number of people scoring fights live as they aired on TV this would make quite a good real-time feature to add, some kind of panel at the side which a user can pop open which shows the grapical data how the round was scored.

This data will also be fully available after the fight as well, for every round.

--- Well, I had that GGG/Canelo in my grubbies as recently as 2 weeks ago, but everthing got rearranged with me publishing my book as I printed dozens of sketches to work on the front cover that made a mess on my breakfast table that no longer serves me breakfast, just new books.

I'll go through everything this weekend and probably find it buried somewhere.

Thanks Pittbox, that's great! I was in the pub last night so didn't score the fights.

Hopefully some more people will begin to make use of it.

If you have any thoughts or feedback / any suggestions please put them into the original thread about this idea. All feedback is most welcome to make it as good as it can be.

Thanks,

Anton