Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Thoughts on Cotto now he is retiring?

Re: Thoughts on Cotto now he is retiring?

Quote Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
    I'd put him below that - he lost to Mayweather, Pacquiao, Alvarez, Margarito. Those are his biggest fights and he lost handily. He also very nearly lost to Clottey in my opinion.
    i had cotto losing to clottey by a narrow margin and shane by as much as 4-8, probably 5-7...also thought he shoulda gotten DQ'd against zab judah.

On the other hand, i think the margarito loss is questionable because margarito was cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiac_1 View Post
    Canelo will be an all time great no doubt.
    No way, he should have losses to Lara and Golovkin - he's grossly overrated in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
    No way, he should have losses to Lara and Golovkin - he's grossly overrated in my opinion.
    canelo might be overrated, but its called the boxing hall of FAME...and he's one famous dude.

Quote Originally Posted by cc_novis View Post
    canelo might be overrated, but its called the boxing hall of FAME...and he's one famous dude.
    Conor Mcgregor's famous now too - does he go in? Does Andrew Flintoff? There's a lot of chaff with the wheat as it is!

I appreciate Cotto. He was one of the ever present guys when I really got into boxing.
    The hype around Margarito and Cotto was something else. Mexico V PR. The stuff that came out after the fight was crazy.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to markD For This Useful Post:

WelshDevilRob (02-20-2018)

Had a fantastic career. Glad he's hung up the gloves. Gets straight into IBHOF, once eligible, for me.

--- Well, he milked his career in the end for the money and became a primadonna.

One of my favs and I can forgive him for making his money, but the primadonna stuff in the end a bit uncalled for. Did a number on TUE, 50-0 on short notice, better than the rest of TUE's TBA short notice fights. Kinda begs the question how well he could have done having the typical Manny training camp of 3 months.
    "I knew that Clay would have to move backwards and fight. All I had to do is fight." ..................Joe Frazier after the first Ali fight.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2