[POST NOW CONTAINS SPOILERS] Japanese card on ESPN2

pittbox

In, I think uprecedenced move, American TV picks up the Japanse card and ESPN2 is set to show the main event of Kogukikan's card between Hassan N'Dam N'Jikam and Ryota Murata. We're going to see two more championship fights (not on ESPN2). In WBC flyweight bout Japanese KO artist Daigo Higa takes on French Thomas Masson. Masson has a nice EBU defense streak, but I don't expect him to be really competitive. On the other hand, technical fighter can be always problematic against a puncher. In a very interesting WBC light flyweiht fight Ken Shiro will square off against Mexican Pedro Guevera. Edited by pittbox

Re: Japanese card on ESPN2

--- Japo fights almost always better than US fights unless it's foreign nationals fighting in the US, so it's about time.

Lady Lara is the exception, being a dullard of such high degree that as the main event last week or so, he was outdrawn by two of his undercards. He's as bad as the worst American, which is low territory these days for sure.

In, I think uprecedenced move, American TV picks up the Japanse card and ESPN2

I wouldn't read too much into this, I think you are putting the cart before the horse. Its a World title fight that happens to be in Japan. And one of the boxers involved isn't even Asian or Japanese.

PS: Can you not use a spellchecker mate? :ranger:

-- SPOILERS --

Daigo Higa wins the fight easily. Thomas Masson has been down in the 7th round and doctor stops the contest because of cuts.

N'Dam quits after 7 rounds and Murata is the new WBA champ! Only 2nd round was close and Japanese dominated the fight.

Ken Shiro v Guevara unbroadcasted by Fuji TV. We'll have to wait for the recording from the arena or something.

Edited by pittbox