Teenager Stabbed To Death In Walsall on Saturday at Boxing Event

selij

Police launch murder probe after teenager 'stabbed in the neck' during a vicious riot at a boxing event dies in hospital

Full story

• Violence erupted at the Luke Paddock and Myron Mills fight at Walsall Town Hall
  • Chairs and glasses were thrown in the vicious riot which spilled onto the street

Re: Teenager Stabbed To Death In Walsall on Saturday at Boxing Event

Just heard about this....near your neck of the woods isn't it Sel??

Very sad and tragic, just another example of young lads these days carrying knives.

I guess Walsall is a rough area, isn't it? I really don't know why they arrange boxing cards in such places. They should definitely stop!

It is a somewhat unremarkable town in the midlands, and doesn't really a reputation as a rough area...certainly not on a national level anyway.

I guess like most working class towns it will have its undesirable areas and people, but that's nothing out of the ordinary.

By your logic though Boz, London has had an endemic knife culture amongst young street gangs ongoing for years! It seems another teenager is stabbed to death every other week, probably in areas not too far from the "Home of British Boxing" York Hall, Bethnal Green.

It is a somewhat unremarkable town in the midlands, and doesn't really a reputation as a rough area...certainly not on a national level anyway.

I guess like most working class towns it will have its undesirable areas and people, but that's nothing out of the ordinary.

By your logic though Boz, London has had an endemic knife culture amongst young street gangs ongoing for years! It seems another teenager is stabbed to death every other week, probably in areas not too far from the "Home of British Boxing" York Hall, Bethnal Green.[/QUOTE]

I remember the 2003 postfight riot in Bethnal Green, between Audley Harrison's partisans and Herbie Hide. That got ugly...

RIP-Reagan Asbury

http://i3.birminghammail.co.uk/incoming/article13766661.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/REAGAN-ASBURY.jpg

Walsall is Near Birmingham NOT Derby Ton

Edited by WSMFC64

It is a somewhat unremarkable town in the midlands, and doesn't really a reputation as a rough area...certainly not on a national level anyway

Walsall like most of the "Black Country" towns (West Bromwich/Wolverhampton/Dudley/Tipton etc) has its fair share of rough lads, traditional mining towns always do, and they are always tearing into each other too. There is no love lost between the Black Country towns at all. And its not my neck of the woods, I'm from Derby which is East Mids, Black Country is West Mids and they all speak with Brummy accents.

Having said that, there were 50 lads there from Derby supporting Myron Mills who is Clifton Mitchell's nephew. Clifton also trains him and was there too in his corner. Trouble broke out inside the venue between the Derby lads and the local lads who were supporting Luke Paddock from nearby Bloxwich in R8. And again towards the end of the fight. The bouncers managed to shepherd the two fighting factions onto the street and the rest is history as they say.

It would not be fair for me to comment on what happened next as I wasn't there but it has now been widely reported that a local 19 yr old has died from a stab wound to the neck and this is now the subject of a murder inquiry. I believe two other local lads were stabbed but not as seriously.

And its not my neck of the woods, I'm from Derby which is East Mids, Black Country is West Mids and they all speak with Brummy accents.

Roughly all within a closeish distance though.......East/West Midlands, all the same to me :thumb:

These twats go to boxing events thinking they're all that and that they can take any of the boxer who are fighting there. The moment they have a chance to cause havoc they go for it.

Hope they get caught and rot in rail

• 2 months later...

2018-01-11 A Derby man has now been arrested and extradited from Spain and charged with murder.

**Reminder: Trouble erupted inside the venue, and carried on outside during the final bout of the evening between locals supporting Luke Paddock and visiting Derby lads supporting Myron Mills for an IBF Youth Flyweight Title fight.

West Midlands Police have charged a 21 year-old man with the murder of 19 year-old Reagan Asbury from Pelsall.

Tyrone Andrew from St Helen's Street in Derby was traced to Spain and was flown from Madrid to Heathrow yesterday under a European arrest warrant.

Eight other people have been arrested on suspicion of offences including assisting an offender and violent disorder.

Three have been charged with violent disorder, and one has been charged with assisting an offender.

Three others remain under investigation, while one has been told he will face no further action.

Source

Thanks for the update on this Selij, and I have a few questions / theories to pose......

This lad was traced to Spain, which I gather he did a runner to to try and escape the law. That's somewhat of a high stakes thing to do, involving money and organisation. It what you'd expect of peole involved in organised crime.

He has also been charged with murder. From reports it seemed like this was a case of groups of young men coming to blows. Surely for a murder charge there has to be intent and maybe even motive and planning behind it? I have seen in the past cases where people died from a sudden fight be labelled more as manslaughter or something along those lines. In these scenarios no one has set out to kill, but instead do harm to another?

So was it a case of pre-planned, lets go over there start some aggro and someone is going to get hurt! Its turned into a death, but there was planning and intent. And the kid is in criminality enough to be able to flee abroad? :noidea: