Adelaide Byrd's supsension and bad scorecards in general - opinions

pittbox

As Adelaide Byrd will be apparently forced to "catch a breath" from judging by Nevada's comission I decided to evaluate her judging record in recent fights.

David Benavidez v Ronald Gavril - she had it 116-111 for Benavidez. I think it's little too wide, but there was no big controversy.

Kell Brook v Errol Spence Jr. - she had it 97-92 for Spence. It was controversial as a lot of people had it much closer. I don't especially disagree whith that card, though.

Denis Shafikov v Richard Commey - only judge who had it for Commey that night. Bad scorecard as Russian was better that night.

Maurice Hooker v Darley Perez - Byrd had an only sane card that night with 97-93 for Perez.

Nonito Donaire v Jessie Magdaleno - 118-110 for Magdaleno. I had it a draw and I think it's a bad card.

Krzysztof Głowacki v Oleksandr Usyk - 119-109 for Usyk looked too wide for me. I like 117-111 by two other judges more. No scandal, though.

and earlier fights that may be interesting:

Miguel Vasquez v Mickey Bey - only judge who had it for Vasquez and most people felt that Mexican was robbed that thing.

Shawn Porter v Kell Brook - She had it for Brook and I like her scoring.

Carlos Molina v Ishe Smith - Only judge who had it for Smith. Bad scorecard from what I've heard.

Carl Froch v Mikkel Kessler II - She had it for Froch. No controversy.

Brandon Rios v Richar Abril - Rios' win was considered as a big robbery and she actually had it for Abril (117-111)

Joe Calzaghe v Bernard Hopkins - Had it for B-Hop. I think Calzaghe deserved to win.

I'd genuinely say that in period from 2009 to 2015 she was probably the best judge in Nevada. She had some good scorecard like Rios v Abril and only one that was off from her was Molina v Smith. She had some worse scorecards in 2016 and 2017, but only in one fight (Shafikov v Commey) she clearly had it for the wrong guy. I would describe her record as mixed. She really messed up this Saturday, but I wouldn't call her as worse than rest of Nevada's crew (Hoyle, Roth, Moretti). There are judges who are more controversial to me like:

- Giusepppe Quartarone aka "Mr. Hometown Guy"

this guy is sketchy as hell. Always has it for the hometown boxer. 115-114 for Culcay against Andrade, 115-113 for Sturm in second one against Chudinov, 115-113 for Helenius against Chisora

- Gustavo Padilla

two worst cards in major boxing fights are by him. 116-111 for N'Dam against Murata and 114-113 for Shumenov against Hopkins

• Like 1

Re: Adelaide Byrd's supsension and bad scorecards in general - opinions

Always good to see summaries like this. Thx !

- But I disagree with your analysis. The logical conclusion is:

Byrd clearly DOES know how to score a fight. Hence this was clearly a case of outright corruption.

Joe Calzaghe v Bernard Hopkins - Had it for B-Hop. I think Calzaghe deserved to win.

Calslappy did end up on his arse tho in R1....

This is nothing to do with her ability to score a fight - an 8 yr old child could score a fight accurately if instructed how to do it. Likewise compubox.

This is to do with the fact it was common knowledge early week that GGG wasn't getting a decision in this fight if it went the distance, and this has now manifested itself as to why - she was paid off. Simple.

calslappy did end up on his arse tho in r1....

This is nothing to do with her ability to score a fight - an 8 yr old child could score a fight accurately if instructed how to do it. Likewise compubox.

This is to do with the fact it was common knowledge early week that ggg wasn't getting a decision in this fight if it went the distance, and this has now manifested itself as to why - she was paid off. Simple.

^ this.

===============

Don Trella gave the 7th round to Canelo. Even Adalaide ByrdShit gave GGG the 7th. Would've been a MD win for GGG had he scored that round correctly.

Wow.

And that tells you all you need to know: Trella wasn't scoring for real, he was simply working out a "safe" way to a draw, as the fight went along.

Exactly as he was told to do.

Everybody gets rich !

Wow.

And that tells you all you need to know: Trella wasn't scoring for real, he was simply working out a "safe" way to a draw, as the fight went along.

Exactly as he was told to do.

Everybody gets rich !

And Dave Moretti (who scored the fight for GGG) had white-out on his scorecard.

DJ5q4GsU8AE9Dh3.jpg

Anyone forgotten how bad CJ Ross scoring was for mayweather-canelo?

--- Anybody remember Ms Ross was within 2 and 3 points of the other two cards?

She was in the ball park, but what happened is the sure thing, a UD got tossed into the bin for a majority decision, hence the howling of the previous guaranteed wager. Since then the retro revisionism of this fight has gone off scale. It was never the shutout Maymorons tout, instead being an orchestrated fight like all the others with Bayliss running interference in the early rounds to keep Canelo from fighting. The end of the day, Canelo didn't have a scratch on him.

close, but ross had it 6 each - possibly 3 or 4 rounds out , ,byrd was 10-2 possibly 5 ( for me anyway ) or 6

and he at least "retired"

He?

http://media.tmz.com/2013/09/15/0915-mayweather-judge2-2.jpg

The majority of judges have bad days, even the good ones as we've previously seen. One way or another Adelaide needs to take a step back and an investigation needs to take place the score she gave went the other way a little bit too much...

The majority of judges have bad days, even the good ones as we've previously seen. One way or another Adelaide needs to take a step back and an investigation needs to take place the score she gave went the other way a little bit too much...

The majority of judges literally seem to not know how to score a fight. Or what a blocked punch is. Or what a head slip is. Or .........

The whole thing is just absurd.

The majority of judges literally seem to not know how to score a fight. Or what a blocked punch is. Or what a head slip is. Or .........

The whole thing is just absurd.

Yeah I completely agree. Some of the scores are so absurd that it just makes you wonder what were they looking at and what were they counting as points - punches blocked, slipped, running :lol: