Anthony Joshua refuses to acknowledge David Haye as an immediate threat

The_budweiser

Anthony Joshua has insisted David Haye is not in his “top three” potential opponents.

Haye, who is recovering from an injured Achilles sustained in March's defeat to Tony Bellew, is still targeting a fight with Joshua and told Sky Sports: "I will find a way to beat that giant, he is 10 years younger, three inches taller and three stone bigger and I love and relish that kind of challenge."

Joshua will next defend his IBF and WBA 'super' heavyweight titles against Kubrat Pulev at Cardiff's Principality Stadium on October 28, live on Sky Sports Box Office, and is not taking Haye's threat seriously.

"Haye isn't in my top three [potential opponents]. My mandatory is Pulev, then Luis Ortiz, then I can start looking out to see what other options I have."

Anthony Joshua refuses to acknowledge David Haye as an immediate threat | Boxing News | Sky Sports

Re: Anthony Joshua refuses to acknowledge David Haye as an immediate threat

There are so many ways Josh wins that fight it's a joke. It's hard to think of a way Haye wins it outside a first round knockout from Josh coming out crazy and wild. Take it late - Josh knocks out an old and tired Haye.. Pick him off with the Jab - Josh knocks out an old and tired and frustrated Haye in the mid rounds.. walk him down cutting the ring off with constant forward pressure- Josh knocks out an old and tired and panicking Haye in the first 4 rounds.

Simplified, I agree that Haye is just not a threat to him right now. Tony Bellew exposed Haye badly. It's really messed up his career tbh. The risk wasn't worth the reward in that fight looking back

I've never re-watched the Bellew loss. I can't stand Bellew - he's a gobshite. He talks like the ultimate warrior but shit himself against Adonis Stevenson.

Haye should never have lost but his injury was genuine. His timing in the fight was terrible against a guy that didn't want to engage. Haye can do nothing now except avenge the loss. Any talk of AJ, by Haye, is ridiculous. Haye is a non entity in the Heavyweight division unless he proves the loss was a fluke.

--- Bellew easily outboxed Pink, knocked him down, and eventually knocked him through the ropes despite not being a KO artist. Flattened him from A to Z, no contest, and of course, another pinky toe injury.

So when they fight again name your stake and we can have a few dollars on the outcome, pretty please

I don't even think Haye will win his rematch against Bellew, let alone win a fight against AJ. If he were to best Bellow it certainly wouldn't be on points, more likely to be via knock-out.

So when they fight again name your stake and we can have a few dollars on the outcome, pretty please

--- Right now I would currently favor Bellew who's big yap keeps him underrated, but if he continues to accumulate rust, could be Pink is able to close that gulf between them. We'll see, but I'd rather throw dice than bet on boxing. At least I can see a fair result from new dice taken out of the box, but of course I do neither, just a bit of yapping here.

Also perplexed why people are choosing to ignore the fact Haye was fighting with one leg vs Bellew! :haha:

It will be something of an unknown as to how far Haye has slipped (Since he was an active fighter), if he has slowed down with age, if his injuries take some effect.....

But the oddsmakers stil have him quite a fair favourite

Also perplexed why people are choosing to ignore the fact Haye was fighting with one leg vs Bellew! :haha:

It will be something of an unknown as to how far Haye has slipped (Since he was an active fighter), if he has slowed down with age, if his injuries take some effect.....

I still feel like Bellew was dominating the fight even before Haye injured himself. The injury just brought his loss forward. Think the outcome would have been the same regardless. I don't particularly like Bellew but he fought a good fight. Anyone else share the same opinion?

That was my initial point, it would have been very embarrassing if he couldn't stop him and he still made heavy weather of it

I still feel like Bellew was dominating the fight even before Haye injured himself. The injury just brought his loss forward. Think the outcome would have been the same regardless. I don't particularly like Bellew but he fought a good fight. Anyone else share the same opinion?

It's a fair assessment....Haye hadn't really done a lot before hand other than scope Bellew out a bit. I think he was taking his time and trying to find an opening and it might have been just a matter of time before landing.

It's a fair assessment....Haye hadn't really done a lot before hand other than scope Bellew out a bit. I think he was taking his time and trying to find an opening and it might have been just a matter of time before landing.

Yes I think so too. He was more looking for that knock out punch rather than trying to throw combination of punches. But even if he hadn't injured himself, would he have been able to knock Bellew out?! I don't think he would have done to be honest