A Potential Blockbuster: Terence Crawford v Errol Spence Jr, Who wins?

The_budweiser

[h=1]A Potential Blockbuster: Terence Crawford v Errol Spence Jr[/h]

Undisputed light-welterweight King, Terence Crawford will surely have a fair number of lucrative opportunities since he knocked out Julius Indongo in 3 rounds in August to unify the world championship. The Nebraskan expressed his desire to move up to 147lb after the bout and has since stated that he also wants to unify that division.

Meanwhile, Errol Spence Jr stopped Britain’s Kell Brook for the IBF welterweight title and it is expected that he will be making his first defense before the year concludes. Although he ended Brook’s reign, the jury is still really out on how good Spence really is! ‘Special K’ was beating him convincingly during the first half of their fight when his workrate dropped suddenly and rapidly, allowing for Spence to take over. The weight drop back to 147lb after meeting Gennady Golovkin at 160lb is thought to be the culprit. One thing is certain, though, and that is Spence didn’t do much to turn the tide. It turned for him.

Page not found - - Boxing News - Ring News24

Re: A Potential Blockbuster: Terence Crawford v Errol Spence Jr, Who wins?

Crawford was on First Take recently insisting that he wants the Thurman fight first. His explanation was that, irrespective of actual ability or potential, Thurman is currently considered 'the man' and he wants to go straight for the number one in the division. I'm of the view that Spence is better than Thurman so I'd quite like to see Thurman - Crawford as a prelude to an eventual Crawford - Spence fight if Crawford can come through Thurman (not straightforward at all)

Realistically Bud should go for the easy pickings of Jeff Horn and acclimate to the division before a Thurman or Spence fight. I am little bit biased towards Bud as he is my favourite fighter so won't be able to give a fair opinion of who would win :haha:. I like Thurman, but Crawford is 'The Man' imho. Spence is great and I only think he could beat Crawford if he made it a scrappy dog fight but Crawford won't fall for that.

Is Crawford gonna do a Manny. Tear apart his divisions but then eventually get to one too big so the KOs stop coming so easily and then gradually get a weaker and weaker chin. I feel Spence is not even a small welterweight, he's a big guy. I feel he'd easily pick Crawford apart and knock him out clean. I could be wrong but I think certain fighters have a ceiling of weight class like Manny at 135, Broner at 130-135, Nas at 122, Hatton at 140 max, and most annoyingly for me Chocolatito at 112. On the other hand there are fighters like Brook and Bellew who seemed to gain power when they moved up weight classes because the weight cuts were clearly draining them badly.

Crawford all the way. Think Errol Spence Jr would put up a good fight but get knocked out in the later rounds. Crawford is more of a natural and has a great ability for powerful combinations that Errol just wouldn't be able to deal with in later rounds.

it would be a KO/TKO after round 8

I still need to see more from Errol Spence to know how good he is. He certainly is talented but I'm not about to rate him above Keith Thurman or Terence Crawford. Terence Crawford looks the complete package and I'm looking forward to him stepping up to Welterweight.